Thread: Egg recipes

Default Egg recipes

Hi Girls,
    My Dad has just dropped over a tray of 2 1/2 dozen double yolker eggs (he owns a chicken farm and the double yolkers can't be fertilised so they sell them to the growers) My dilemma is that I already have eggs in the fridge and there is only me and my DD (2 1/2) who is not a huge fan of eggs.... I'd really appreciate any recipes you could share, particularly for large quantities of eggs or that are appealling to fussy palettes!

Thanks

You could use the yolks for a carbonara, and the whites for meringue. Yummmmmmmm.
    Or how about egg and bacon pie, or quiche.
    Or (OOH I'm going to go make some NOW) french toast with cinnamon sugar mmm. You know, mix some milk and egg in a shallow dish, quickly dip your bread in making sure both sides are covered and fry.

On an unrelated note, HI mate how are you??? So great to see you round.

Sell them to the neighbours??
    I haven't seen a double yolker in years, I wish you were in Sydney- I'd buy some!

why don't you google some ice cream reciepes?? Heaps of yolks used for ice cream!!! Yum

Why not bake an easy crustless quiche for dinner? I use the folllowing recipe and just change the ingredients for variety (add chorizo, mushrooms, capsicum etc). DH loves it and we have it almost every week. Nice and easy and very cheap to make:

1 small onion, chopped
    3-4 rashers bacon
    4-5 eggs (I sometimes use 6)
    chopped parsley
    grated cheese
    1/4 cup plain flour
    1 tablespoon butter
    2 cups milk
    salt and pepper to taste

Fry onion and bacon; melt butter and mix with flour

Add milk, beaten eggs, parsley, cheese, fried onion and bacon; s&p.

Pour into quiche or pie dish.

Bake 180C (350F) for 40 mins.

Stand for 10 mins before serving.

Serve with boiled baby potatoes and a salad
    Last edited by Life is Good; April 13th, 2009 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Clarification

Baked eggs, Mayonnaise, Egg & Bacon Pie, Custard, Lemon Curd, Meringue, Devilled Eggs, Cake, CUPCAKES, Pudding, Quiche, Frittata, Souffle, Dippy Eggs with Asparagus wrapped with prosciutto...

Cook up some quiche, cut it into portions you'll eat at a time and place them in air tight containers and freeze then when you're having a bad or lazy day, you've got something already prepared.

Have a breaky bbq, get friends to bring their own bacon and you can supply the eggs

I would make heaps of quiches, frittattas, cakes and omelettes and freeze them all

ETA, this is probably a stupid question...BUT how do you know if the egg is a double yolker without cracking it?

Thanks girls... I have made crustless quiche before and that recipe sounds simple and yum Sambo. Mmmmm french toast, great idea Nelle (I'm good thanks... house hunting, aaaagh!) I think I'll have to google some of those things you suggested Cailin.... particularly puddings. Yum.

Good idea about freezing things too.... and my neighbour has already been up and raided MrsMac!

As for how you know, apparently they xray them as they can't fertilise double yolkers