Thread: Lamb with Rosemary and Balsaic Vinegar???

Default Lamb with Rosemary and Balsaic Vinegar???

So, here i was thinking, yep sure, i can make this...
    But the recipes i have found on the web look a lot more complicated than the one i have had made for me previously.
    I pretty much have the rosemary, the balsamic vineger and other general kitchen items (garlic, onions, etc...) to put it together with and I HAVE NO IDEA!!!
    Anyone made it before, or have any suggestion for what i can do. A lot of the recipes suggest cooking with wine, but im too cheap for that! i wonder if just mixing the vinegar with rosemary, garlic and then letting the lamb simmer in it, would be ok???

I was going to make it tonight, but, that doesn't mean you shouldn't post for me anyway if it's later on! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I made balsamic lamb salad tonight. I marinated the lamb in 1/2 cup balsamic vinager & 1/4 cup orange juice withe some herbs for 20 minutes and then I took the lamb out & cooked it in a small amount of olive oil on 3 minutes both sides then removed it from the pan & sauted some onion & garlic & poured the marinade over the top.

I prepared a salad of cos with some carrots and tomatoes (although you could add roast veges like sweet potato to it as well) and put the lamb on top sliced thinly and then I drizzled the sauce over the top.

Goodluck!

Thanks Christy -
    I decided to do something similar, i chucked the lamb in a bowl and then covered it in rosemary, some garlic, balsalmic vinegar and some lemon juice. I'll leave it for a bit and then cook it when DF gets closer to home. Hopefully it goes alright. might add some olives and onions to the sauce and im just doing boring old veges!

I make a yummy roasted balsamic vinegar and lamb dish. We use lamb chops, seal on all sides. Place in single layer in roasting pan. Place thin wedges of red onion, whole garlic cloves (skin on), and cherry tomatoes in the tray, just randomly throw them in. Sprinkle with chopped, fresh rosemary. In a jug combine 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar and 1 tsp brown sugar (i usually add a bit more balsamic) and pour over. Tightly seal with foil, cook for 15 minutes on moderate oven, then take foil off and continue cooking uncovered until cooked to liking (depends on thickness of chops and how you like then done. usually another 10 minutes). Can also be done with veal. In winter i serve with creamy mash potato and green beans, in summer mash potato and salad. Very yummy.

I cheat.
    I just chuck the leg of lamb / lamb rack in a baking dish sitting on a bed of rosemary, drown it in Redwine Vinegar, chuck in a few cloves of garlic and bake. If using a leg of lamb i try to cut holes in it and poke in the rosemary and garlic. And for basting I just splash in a bit more redwine vinegar.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
    I make a yummy roasted balsamic vinegar and lamb dish. We use lamb chops, seal on all sides. Place in single layer in roasting pan. Place thin wedges of red onion, whole garlic cloves (skin on), and cherry tomatoes in the tray, just randomly throw them in. Sprinkle with chopped, fresh rosemary. In a jug combine 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar and 1 tsp brown sugar (i usually add a bit more balsamic) and pour over. Tightly seal with foil, cook for 15 minutes on moderate oven, then take foil off and continue cooking uncovered until cooked to liking (depends on thickness of chops and how you like then done. usually another 10 minutes). Can also be done with veal. In winter i serve with creamy mash potato and green beans, in summer mash potato and salad. Very yummy.
    OMG - yum! Am definitely going to try this sooooooon