thread: Rose Water

Jul 2005
    Rural NSW

Rose Water

Rose water is an ingredient commonly used in Turkish Delight... it gives it its distinctive flavour. It is also used in Indian smoothies called Lassi. I adore it!

Do you use it? What in? What else do you know about this divine ingredient?

I've taken a photo of the bottle I bought last weekend but due to BB server issues it times out before it loads... but i'll add a link when I have it in my gallery.

Dec 2008

I think you can add it to rice puddings and ****tails. Not sure what else you'd use it in though. I'm not really a fan.

Lucy in the sky with diamonds.

Jan 2005
    Funky Town, Vic

Oh hell yeah - Rose water/petal ice cream mmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmm mmmmmmmm

Jul 2005
    Rural NSW

I forgot to add that I intend on popping some into my MiEssence Rose Hydrating Mist when it runs out... it will tide me by until I can afford to buy it again... I suspect I won't be able to tell the difference. Smells soooo divine!

Tinkerbell: yep, I'm going to Google recipes soon.... just thought I would find out how other people have used it successfully... I imagine it would "go" with creamy coconut type puddings.

Lulu: ooooooh ice cream! of course!!! That sounds perfect! I don't have a maker... but I have been able to make it from scratch by just doing it manually.

Dec 2008

I reckon you could use it in place of vanilla in cakes etc as well?

Administrator
    Add Rouge on Facebook

Jun 2003
    Ubiquity

Cupcakes fruit salad, sorbet, iced tea... I love rosewater!

Feb 2007
    ACT

To treat wind in babies. In indain cooking.

It also works great on dry skin to stop the itch and take the redness out of exsma (sp lol).

Great for colic in older kids to.

Administrator
    Add Rouge on Facebook

Jun 2003
    Ubiquity

Oh and don't forget home made Jellies!

May 2006
    Victoria

rice custard and DH uses it in milkshakes as his "secret ingredient" not disimilar to vanilla..

Oct 2006

If you make torrone/nougat at all, add rosewater to the mix and sub the almonds with pistachio -

Also good in any white choc based recipes, like cakes and slices.

Sep 2007
    Cairns

Apart from things that have already been mentioned above, (rose ice-cream is particularly wonderful, rose and coconut is stupendous, rose and watermelon sorbet is just special), I use a little in the poaching liquid whenever I poach pears, and if I serve double cream with them I add a little rosewater to the cream.