Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Scrapbooking & Craftwork General Discussion #3

Does anyone now where I can get those brown paper bags for making mini albums?

I've seen those Tegan and they look just like brown sandwich bags (please excuse my ignorance if this is not so). If that is all they are, you should be able to buy them at the supermarket.

BTW Tegan, I had a look at your pages on your website, and we visit the same scrapping website LOL. I've downloaded that one too that you've used for 'Daddy's Girl'. I used it for a wedding pic. It's on Paige's website if you want a look, just follow the link.

michelle - the classes are free! will let you know what they are like

i got myself organised & did some scrapbooking yesterday - only two pages - one of eliana in a wiggles car when she was a baby & one of her taken last december with a cute smile - i want to do a line of hanging beads on this page so if she ever goes to sleep i will get it finished!!

Isn't it a pain when you're right in the middle of something & bubs wakes up LOL!! I am dying for a silent setter, cos all my scrapping is done when Zander's asleep & I can't exactly be hammering eyelets onto LOs in the next room can I?!

I thought the same thing about the paper bag albums - just regular lunchbags.

just letting you know how my big w classes went - they decided this month to give us all the same christmas photos - it was amazing how they all turned out different & if you didnt finish you could take stuff home! they will be put up in the staff room to be judged & the winner gets a voucher - was also shown some new things big w had & i went & got 128 patterned pages for $11 - morning tea was supplied too - i was given a 35mm film to take photos for a in your garden theme for next time - classes are once a month & it was great to scrap baby free (though i had to take my nappy bag cause i couldnt find a handbag)

don't know if anyone is looking for fine wire but i wanted to put some beads across a layout & couldnt fit a needle through them so ended up getting some picture hanging wire today - 5m for $2.50 so it's nice & cheap

happy scrapping \/

That sounds great mel, hope you take some good pics in the month.

michelle - i just got sidetracked to ebay & am bidding on some of your stuff - you have heaps of great things!

HI Mel
    I will look out for your purchases. I am pluging away at putting new products on, it just takes so long to get it all done. Atm we have about350 products altogether but about 600 in inventory LOL, I only get a few hrs a week to add new stuff. I fyou miss out on something you want let me know we may have more than one in stock.
    I have been cahtting today about my starting with TLC very soon. I am very excited, can't wait to be signed upo and receive my pack.

Best wishes michelle

i know you have heaps of products & i spent ages going through them (thank goodness eliana loves hi5) will have another look when i get a chance

Debbie Lee Guest

Hey guys,
    I have a scrapbooking place near me that has just opened up and went to check it out today. She said she would run a workshop for me - I told her I don't really want a beginner's class though... she said she'd be happy to adapt.
    Just wanted to run it past a few of you to see whether or not it's worth the $$??

It's $25 and I'll have to take 12 photos. We'll do 3 layouts and it takes about 3.5hours. Not sure what they supply but I had a look at some of the pages that people have been doing and it looks like you get a fair bit of stuff.

Do you think I should give it a go?
    She said she'd do a private workshop if I could get at least 4 people to come (which I don't think would be a problem). It's just up the road so that's handy too....

i reckon give it a go - its also a great way to meet some others with similiar interests & then instead of paying the money for the class you can then alternate between each others houses - at least give it a go once & see what is it like

DoubleK Guest

**new to scrapbooking** and man am i hooked!!!

i started about 4 weeks ago now, and i have just gone crazy! i have done sooo many pages, lots of experimenting! i havent worked for a few months so i have found myself sitting a the table for like 3-4 hours in a row just doing page after page after page!!

my parnter calls it my addiction, i am just loving it!

i've been pulling out all my old albums from high school, all mine and my brothers birthday parties, santa photos... i've done an album for my parents with all there photos from 20-25 years ago, wedding photos etc

i really have gone crazyyyyyyyyyyyy!!

I am an absolute beginner... haven't even started yet though I plan to start very soon!

I want to scrapbook a Baby Record Book or Memory book rather then buying one. Does any one have any ideas on where I would get information / ideas on what to include... you know family trees, birth page and other stuff??

Thanks for the help - I'm sure I'll need a lot more soon enough!

DoubleK Guest

ohhhh i just did one of these myself.... and i have to say it looks really good and im really proud of it!!

i actually dug out mine and my younger brothers baby books, and basically typed up pages 'babys firsts..' etc using those as a guide, then cut and pasted scrapbook style..

i showed my mum and she almost cried, lol

That sounds so sweet Rachy! I still can't believe how quickly you did it!! I'm on maternity leave week after next so maybe I'll have some more luck then! I think once I get started I will also be a bit of an addict. It's a pity I can't see your work somehow... damn different states LOL!

Does anyone know what channel on foxtel has scrapbooking on it?

Its the How To Channel Tegan - its a digital channel D118

Thanks Nell.

Need some ideas girls. I need a title for a scrapbook page that has a photo of Lily hugging/kissing my preg belly.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast