Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Scrapbooking & Craftwork General Discussion #4

Have you tried having a search on some of the scrap sites ??

scrapjazz is a good one. Just put tags into the search part.
    twopeasinabucket is great too for inspiration. They have everything on there like titles, poems, quotes, heaps of layouts of course. It takes ages to look through there though so be sure to bookmark it.

Oh yeah, they are American sites so the sites are the usual .com

OMG Caro - Im going to print your advise and go on the hunt. Thank you for all that info wow I cant wait to start. Ill defently bug you for help
    Debbie - Im so jealous. CAn your sister get me a sub as well. Lol. Ive has work published in For Keeps but it was a few years ago now. and yes, I consantly think I could never do half the stuff the girls do in the mags. ITs so insiring.
    We went to the Werribe Zoo after Christmas so I so cant weight to scrap the pics. Nikolaus was also page boy at his uncles wedding on the 30th of Dec. I took the most gorgeous shots of him inb his little suit. I think they'll be the first ones I scrap

Oow i just found this thread thanks to my September girls.. didnt realise it was here!

Im a crazy scrapbooking mum. My dining table is covered too caddie.

Im just curious where you all get your supplies? Is there somewhere cheap online? I get most of mine from ebay as my local shop is pretty expensive and mostly crap..

How much are the subscriptions? Are the magazines worth while?

Where do you sell it? Ebay? Are we allowed to have a look ?

Debbie Lee Guest

Verrrry interesting to know, Caro

Kell - I've got most of my supplies from Kmart and $2 shops. I did get some stuff from lincraft and my sister has bought me a heap of stuff over the last couple of years (she's brilliant at anything crafty!). I also have a favourite ebay shop that sells layouts ready to go (but you choose where everything goes)... perfect for someone like me that doesn't have any imagination. They're called "Scrapbooking Shortcuts".

Hey Caro, i dont like to hold grudges.. Even though i dont agree what what happened in the other one.. thats in the past now and theres no need for anyone to carry it on their shoulders.. i say tomorrow is another day

Debbie.. ive been meaning to get to Lincraft and have a look as spotlight wasnt too bad.. will definately have to since you recommended it. Oow im going near a kmart tomorrow, will look there too.
    Ive see those on ebay.. i usually do a search on the net for layouts to get a few ideas and mix them all together

Debbie Lee Guest

Caro - Your store of course!! hehehe
    Always handy to know when a fellow BB'er has a little business going... good to support our friends on our little online community
    Can you PM me the link also?

Kell - from memory lincraft was a little on the expensive side BUT they have some gorgeous stuff. I guess it's what you make of the stuff that's important, hey?

Caro - pm me mate please, id love to have a sticky.
    Kellxx- YAY you found us, i can never put up alink, im usless.
    OH bought some cute little flowers from the regect shop the other day. Their starting to get a bit of stuff in their. I get online on embellished dot com. Its mainly a site were you can email in pics of your work and show them off. Go to the gallery and you'll get a whole list of things to look at. Ive got things up in the members gallery. Just click on M and then you'll find 'maz' wink wink come look at my work wink wink hehehehe ah whats the point of scraping if ya cant show it off! PMSL Okay stop kicking me now.

tiggy Guest

I noticed that Big W has got some Heidi Swapp stuff in store now. I nearly fell over when I saw it.

my mum sells staks of embellishments she is keen on scrapbooking dot com if anyone wants a look. They are very reasonably priced too, and she prints name sticker sheets in any name or nickname you want, A4 sheets for $4.95.
    I actually went on dealsdirect dot com and purchased 5 x 100 packs of scrap papers which they sell in kmart, rrp almost $100 for $39.95 delivered. I am very excited for it all to arrive. Thats what usually slows me down, having the rigth paper for the pics I have chosen.

I actually did a double page the other day and sorted stacks of pics ready to go. I love it when I feel like scrapping, I really enjoy it so much, it is definitely ME time which is not a common thing.

Yay i found you Maz

Went to Kmart today and got a few nick nacks. Taget had a few embellishments too. No where had any good paper though. Kmart had cardstock 75 sheets for about $25.. but i rather just pay $7 for the 100 at big W so will have to get some this weekend maybe when im out that way. I think out of the 3 stores Big W is the best for scrapbooking things.
    But im starting to get a pile of stuff and need to start using it! Just not enough time in the day!

Hahaha Kell know what you mean about atacks of stuff, I too have so much it is not funny. I am thinking of doing some tidying up and getting into the scrapping this arvo. Might get Jordan to do some too, she got some stuff and is yet to really start. I got my paper and am happy with it, haven't actually opened the pack yet. Today Dealsdirect has a special on free shipping on clearence lots and wholesale lots and the paper is in it, you need a code for the checkout which is WS4242 the sale ends on the 16th Jan and is only valid for one sale per member. I have brought heaps of stuff from this site and would def recommend them, they are prompt and goods have always been great. The paper ends up you get 500 sheets for $29.95.

Cool.. hope its good stuff Michelle! Ive got stacks of paper. Got it all from Big W and bits and pieces ive bought on ebay. Now i have the stuff and want to scrap, im not finding any time in the day with dear ol Jess... think hes playing up from his immunisation.

Caro.. do you have any good alphabets on sale? Thats the one thing i could really do with more of.

Yeh alphabet stickers are even better as you dont need glue
    I cant believe the scrap shop up the road was selling a sheet for $11.95 each! :eek: Ive just got most of mine off ebay but always need more.

He'll be fine, thanks for your concern. He was like this with his 2 month ones for a few days.. only bummer is we're going to have this all next week too after he gets the shot he missed :frown: ahh well.. thus is life

hi girls, i never knew this forum was here, mustn't have even come in here before, i am so into scrapping, have been doing it for years. i lurve it. i have half of our very very large 'play room' as my work area with 2 dining tables. i just can't get enough of it although i do have a couple of weeks off sometimes and then get straight back into it. i also draw graphite only. looking forward to hearing ideas and sharing info.

beckles

oh my beckels I love the sounds of your room.
    Kell - I got a heap of chatterbox rub on sheets of lettering in different fonts for $1.25 australian from a chicking in the us on ebay. I bought a heap of stuff and all up I only paid about $40 including postage.
    I so have to pull my finger out and scrap the pics I took at Geeolong and the wedding we went to New Years. I have the best pic of Nikolaus in his tux and its in b&w, ive got a really cut eone of Wilhelm sniffing the bridal flowers in b&w aswell.
    Im righ tinto flowers at the moment, do you girls use them much? I m really after something different to put in the middle of them instead of buttons or jewls? Any opinions girls?

well the paper arrived, it is that Hunter something brand, they sell it in kmart, should be fine for scrapping, it is thin but I don't worry too much as most times once it's in the plastic pockets you can't tell the difference in paper thickness.

Haven't had time to scrap though lol

maz what about a tiny photo of the same print cropped round?????
    i have done this on a couple of pages.
    beckles

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast