Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Scrapbooking & Craftwork General Discussion #4

I just won a creative memories photo file organiser on Ebay, its not any of you lovely ladies is it?

Caro go the cricut!! There are endless possiblities.Fantastic machine.Maybe you can make some stuff up like headings or people can place an order(girls fromm bb) and it will help pay for it?

Lucky i didnt then!

Yeh, id get some stuff from you too

my user name is nic.powelly
    i think i bought it from someone in Melbourne

Hey caro.. if you go to the cricut dot com website and click on products, then cartridges, then choose one and then click more/larger images, it shows you whats on each cartridge.

How much can you get them wholesale?

Caro,i can say i want "millana" in a particular font.You can do it on the cricut then sell it to me. But obviously a few done at a time for it to be worth it.Just a way us bb girls can some diecuts done if noones close by to do it.

Caro - Id be lining up to buy my kids names too. ONe of th edown falls of spelling them the way I did

CM? lol um.. hmmm isnt that what us women get in between AF? lol im kidding kidding sorry

ROFL!! i quiet often have a chuckle in regards to CM, my consultant sent me and email the other day titled "CM workshop" i had a few giggles to myself!
    Hey if anyone is interested in looking i am just uploading some of my recent pages of scrapbooking. They are all of Nixon ofcourse!

Lol yeh.. creative memories..

For sure Nickers.. how will you be uploading them? Like take a photo of them? Ill have to do that with some of Jesse's too.
    Last edited by ShootingStar; January 21st, 2007 at 07:41 AM.

yeah i just took photos of them.
    If you click on "my homepage"
    Then go to "view photos"
    There is a folder called "Scrapbooking"

If you have a laser printer you can print on clear sticker sheets straight from your computer. My mum sells A4 sticker sheets of any name you choose, she has the same name on the sheet printed in different fonts and also the name meaning. You just cut out the part you want and stick it on your page. She sells them for $4.95 a sheet. If you want to see them go to ebay and look at this number 270030249187.

Well I have been dying to scrap and still haven't maybe today !!! I am not holding my breathe though.

No they have toner like a photocopier

OH Caro I like the sounds of the pouches going to have a sticky

Ohh wow... i love the cookie monster Nic!!!! How clever are you!
    Ill have to take some pics and get some of mine up... im so behind though in Jesse's life.. lol.. im only up to his first bath in the big tub when he was 9 weeks old.. ahh well, one day ill get there (and Jesse will be married with kids!).

We have an ink jet... would love a laser printer but they cost too much.. i print on Vellum and its ok.. hey.. with the whole acid free thing, will the vellum and what i printed last?

I am not sure bout acid free in relation to toners. I do know that my information on the clear sticker sheets is that they are acid free, coming from the company that makes them. A laser printing like a photocopier basically heat seals the toner and therefore it doesn't smudge. I had to buy a little black laser printer cost app $170 to print name meaning certificates people were buying from me as the inkjet printer ink was smudging no matter what setting it was on, and I couldn't sell them with smudgy ink. The coloured ones are way dearer.
    Don't get me wrong I do take the whole acid free thing seriously, but I also think it is very hard to be 100% sure that what these companies are telling us about acid free and lignin free is true. My other issue with the whole acid free thing is that I like to put memorabilia and other items such as certificates and stuff onto my pages and they are def not acid free. eg things like leaves or feathers, the kids bracelets from hospital, I have put coins of the birth year on a page, Josh's kinder graduation certificate, party invitations. I guess my theory on it is I use acid free stuff where possible and if I am unsure about something I will still use it but not have it touching the photos themselves.
    What does everyone else do?

I use heaps of different brands.. whatever suits really. I really like the Creative Imaginations (US brand) alphabets.. otherwise i use CM, Karen Foster, DCWV, Frances Meyer and others i cant think of.

I know ive used normal white A4 paper at times... would that be acid free? would have to look on the packaging but its in the other room and i cant be bothered :P

Um.. i stuck Jesse's and my hospital bands in his baby record book, but have his hospital card i want to use somewhere.. Ill use bits and pieces i think through time that wont be acid free, if it doesnt last then its a bummer but theyre something i want Jesse to at least have in his book as a memory.

Ive uploaded some of my scrapbooking to Jesse's website! Just go to the Photo Gallery and theyre in the Scrapbook folder

tiggy Guest

Kell and Nic, I love your pages. You've both done fantastic jobs.

My Mum and I are doing a white on white challenge together atm. It's quite hard. Am finding it really hard not using colour.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast