Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Scrapbooking & Craftwork General Discussion #4

Debbie Lee Guest

OMG Tiff!! Your pages are UNREAL! What a great job you've done!
    The "bonding with my boy" one made me cry!! Just beautiful!

WOW! Tiff theyre so awesome!!!
    How do you do all your lettering?

tiggy Guest

Oh Thank you girls!

I've just put the others up from the last couple of days. There is a double lay out of Ivy. I haven't done one of those before and the monochromatic, white on white is there too.

Kell, some of it is stamping, others are freehand drawing but most are alphabet stickers...LOVE those stickers!

clare076 Guest

Hi girls
    I am looking for anyone in perth (NOR) that is interested in meeting up once a week to do scrapbooking. I used to do CM up north years ago but since Shelby I havent touched it. I find it really hard to get motivated by myself so having our own little scrapping meet would be great. I dont do CM partied etc as I used to be a consultant and really dont want to start paying $10 bucks a week for not a lot. Especially seen as I have sooooo much stuff.
    I live in Gidgegannup so would be looking for anyone around the Midland / Swan view area.

Oh and as far as CM not liking you using others products, as well as obviously wanting to sell their own products, they wont honour your life time guarantee on your albums if you use someone else's products.

Tiff, your pages are gorgeous. I so miss not getting the chance to scrap.

I love your grieving layout. Very sweet indeed, has given me a few ideas there Hope you don't mind.

DO you just scan your pics in, I find doing that I have to bloody stitch each layout together and that's a pain in the butt.

tiggy Guest

Thanks Trish, I have been missing it too, so have bitten the bullet and done a couple over the last few days. My mum is addicted to it too so we sometime set ourselves things to do, so then I HAVE to get something done by the time she next comes to visit!

No don't mind you scraplifting at all! That's half the fun, finding ideas and then making them your own.

I just take a photo of the LO. I put it on the ground, zoom in as close as I can without cutting any of it out. Then I crop it in photoshop elements and resize it. I tried scanning but with all the lumpy stuff it never sat flat and so ther would always be shadow. HTH

Thanks heaps for that hun. Might try to put up some of my stuff over the next few days. I'm definately a lumpy bumpy scrapper too.

Ahhh, yeh im bit into alphabets lately and getting them.. they can be so expensive to buy.. but i love the stickers too.. very user friendly

Yep i took a photo of mine too and then just cropped it..

tiggy Guest

Have you tried Spotlight? They have some great alphabet stickers and they aren't too expensive.

Tiggy - their beautiful. Have you ever submitted any of your LO?
    I got the little album im working on out last night and got really emotional and sad. Im making an albulm, booklet of Wilhelm. Showing that although he has autisum, he still loves doing fun things. So I just got a bit sad looking at the pics. YOu know a mummy thing. i haven't shown anyone yet, but you girls will probably be the first ones if thats alright. I went nuts on chatterbox with it, they just make the colours that Wilhelm likes.
    Im going to organise a little site to put my LO's on. I found the one that was published to Tiggy and took a pic.

Debbie Lee Guest

Awww Maz I'd love to see some of Wilhelm's album!

Trish - oo it'd be good to see some of your work too.

Ya'll make mine look very ameteur!! LOL
    Eh... Gabby'll love it all the same

Yeh i went to Spotlight in Penrith a few weeks back and they had a fair bit which was good. Also some stuff on sale. Have been meaning to go back. Also want to get to Lincraft some time too.. someone on here mensioned it and my sister gets stuff from there alot.

Maz.. absolutely would love to see them! And i bet Wilhelm is absolutely gorgeous in them

Debbie.. Thats right... Gabby will think its the best scrapbook in the world because you made it.. and thats all that matters.

Debbie Lee Guest

I think I got into scrapbooking because of Neil's Mum.
    She died after suffering a brain tumour when she was only 32 Neil was 6, his brother 3 and his baby brother just 10 months old. Very sad.
    Anyway, his Mum was big on scrapbooking but the old fashioned type... uno the big paper scrapbooks? She pasted cards, keepsakes and photos with the odd note or 2 in there.
    Of course, once she became a Mum they slowed down. There's heaps of Neil but very little of his brother and none at all of his youngest brother (she was terribly sick before she even got pregnant with Simon - the youngest - and they didn't know what was wrong with her until they did the autopsy after her death ).
    Anyway, the most precious thing for me is the small note she wrote about being in labour with Neil. I read it over and over before having Gabby.
    Neil's Dad died 5 years ago (just after Neil and I met) so we have no one to ask about what Neil was like as a kid and what it was like when they were expecting him. So the little tid-bits of info that I can get from that note mean the world to me.

I'd like to think that my scrapbook will leave behind some information if something untoward happens to me?? I know it's not good to think bad thoughts BUT it does happen (as we've seen) so they do have a huge significance in that regard

Clare- wish i lived close i need a scrapping partner too!
    Tiff like the girls said your pages are amazing! the greiving one was very well done too, love the christmas05 too.
    Maz- id love to see the pages of Wilhelm
    Yeah i was told Lincraft have some good stuff to so thats next on the list to go check out!

tiggy Guest

Maz, I'd love to see your pages! Yes, I have had one published, Lily Love in Scrapbooking Memories. IKWYM about getting all teary. I made two memory albums of William and I still blubber over them, even though I gave them to Mum and my MIL.
    Also, kwym about having a special needs boy, Mal, one of our foster boys, is DD and I find great delight in his enjoyment of things.
    Debbie Lee, I am sure your pages are absolutely wonderful too. Would love to see some. I started when Will died. Very simple and it all just escalated into an obsession! It was very therapeautic scrapping William's life. It is SO important to leave memories for our children. My kids love looking at my pages.
    Trish, can't wait for your either, I love looking at everyone's memories.
    ETA; I agree Caro re the journalling but I hide most of mine.
    Last edited by tiggy; January 22nd, 2007 at 09:18 AM.

You hit the nail on the head Deb- my reasons for scrapping exactly. I saw a thing on one of those current affairs shows where the mum had died leaving the dad and 5 kids but while she was sick she made each of the kids a scrapbook, with messages to them from her, they were just beautiful and would be the most precious gift she could ever have given her young kids, to be able o tell them stories forever and she wasn't around. makes me so sad and tears are welling up in my eyes, makes me think I better get my arse moving so I get mine done in time.

Debbie Lee Guest

Definitely good motivation, hey Michelle?
    I just think if Neil's Mum knew what was happening, perhaps she would have left more of herself behind.... to show how much she loved her boys.
    Thank God she DID leave what she did behind.
    Neil's Dad closed off and never spoke of her so those poor boys never knew how much they were cherished by their Mum. I think Neil knows deep down. He doesn't remember her but he did get 6 years of her love....
    The other two aren't very stable... and I wonder if it stems from feeling abandoned... iykwim?

Aww all you poor things im so sorry for your loses.
    Michelle i saw that thing too i think.. i think it was on Sunrise, or maybe that was a different but similar one. She came home one day and died over night.
    Thats what also motivated me to do this for Jess... and also to get a video camera. I wouldve loved to had video of me when i was little.. i think it was one of the best things we've invested in.. especially now theres dvd and it will last forever (hopefully).

Ok.. im off to scrap.. jess has just gone down yay.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast