Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Christmas Brekkie!

We always have omelettes with smoked salmon and baby spinach. The omelettes are made with cream cheese and dijon mustard and are absolutely scrummy.

Hayseed, that sounds amazing... It also sounds like a really nice lunch hmmmm....

At one of the cafes I used to work at when I was at school, we made bread and butter pudding (well, similar to), but with croissants instead of bread. With sultanas or berries in it, served hot and with cream is excellent for a not overly healthy breakfast (cos of the cream).
    I usually make pancakes ("World Famous Pancakes" according to the Boy!) for any special breakfast.

I was really looking forward to just having yoghurt this year, as we eat so much for lunch and dinner! But my SIL (she's a chef!!!!) and her family are coming to stay and arriving xmas eve so I'm doing a little brekkie....

Big fresh fruit platter, with all the summer yummies! And that yummy King Island yoghurt on the side.

Super good french toast -

You buy unsliced white loaves and cut them into 2inch slices. Cut each slice in half (to make rectangles) and make a pocket from the 'soft' side. Spread dijon mustard, and put good ham and gruyere cheese in the pockets. Soak in your usual (but savoury) french toast mixture and cook as per usual. Pop in the oven for 5 mins, just to help the cheese melt (also good if you're making lots to keep them warm).

It is soooo good! I really couldn't be bothered this year, but DH begged me!

Champange, juice and coffee etc as well. No bubbles for me this year though :frown: LOL

Debbie Lee Guest

We're having bacon and egg muffins (not McMuffins... hehehe). I crave them in the mornings so that's what we get!! hahaha
    I have them with BBQ sauce. YUM!

Cai, didn't get around to the pudding, but your waffle recipe was fabulous. I'm chucking my other one out!
    So were the choccie croissants! Thanks!

I made everyone chocolate croissants & used Cadbury Eden Huuuge success.

yum Sarah!!

I made wholemeal pancakes with cream, maple syrup and blueberries.... yum!

We had sausage bacon eggs beans and toast, i get homesick at xmas, so dp thought an english breakfast would be appropriate

Wow, we have always made such a big deal about lunch, I never thought of doing a Christmas brekkie. They all sound sooo yum. Chrissy 2007 here we come! Well I don't want it to come to quickly. lol.

We had natural yoguart with muesli & passionfruit and fruit muffins. It was a delicious way to start the day!!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Well I'd been so busy I piked out and Ben went and bought us McDonalds. I'm going to be much more prepared the year after next (next year we will go to Sydney for Chrissy)

We had waffles with berries - blue, black, raspberries and strawberries - leg ham, jarlsberg cheese, diced tomato with basil, ice cream and Cadbury Hot fudge sauce. Obviously not all together, but that's what was on offer so everyone could pick and choose.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Hmmmmmm definitely have to get me a waffle maker.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12