Thread: clothes made of bamboo!!

Default clothes made of bamboo!!

I am in love with my new bamboo tshirts and thermals! I got them from Target and cant believe how soft and silky, smooth,comfortable and warm they are to wear. I did a bit of research and found that bamboo is organic doesn't require chemicals or pesticides like cotton does, doesn't need as much water. Apparently it has antibacterial and hypoallergenic qualities. It driers twice as fast as cotton, keeps you drier and odour free and cool in summer, warm in winter. Wow what a winner combination. There weren't expensive either.

Anyone else bought bamboo clothes?

Oh yes, I found some bamboo baby socks for DD2 - oooh they are sooo soft and silky feeling. I went back to get some more and apparently everyone else thinks so too cos I couldn't find any more! I didn't realise it was available in lady clothes - will have to keep an eye out for them!

I bought a camisole made of bamboo a year or two ago. It's the warmest one I've ever had! Has lasted for ages. I'll be sure to drop into target ASAP - I've never been able to find more! Thanks for the heads up, Dusty!

BW

NAPPIES

Cloth nappies made from bamboo are fantastic for all of the reasons you said above! The fleece is devine but the velour is OMG so so soft.

Quote Originally Posted by Marydean View Post
    Oh yes, I found some bamboo baby socks for DD2 - oooh they are sooo soft and silky feeling. I went back to get some more and apparently everyone else thinks so too cos I couldn't find any more! I didn't realise it was available in lady clothes - will have to keep an eye out for them!
    Marydean, I was shopping in Coles today and they had kids socks from bamboo by Rio in there - first I'd ever seen them too - but I didn't see if they had any in the baby section though - might be worth a look

Oh yeah - from when I saw my first pair of bamboo socks a couple years ago, I've been fascinated with the stuff. I recently found a great website (not sure about posting links, so I won't) in the US that sells beautiful bamboo stretch knit, and have made what will hopefully be a serviceable maternity dress for winter out of it - and I'll be making a summer one later in the year!

Such a great fabric - and SO sustainable and healthy etc. Yay for bamboo!!

i put the bamboo to the test and all weekend lived in it doing lots of physical housework work and it doesn't smell at all and was soooo sooo warm and soft and comfy.

i must look out for those socks too sound so snuggly!

i had a bit of a look on the weekend and couldn't find them here. I will have to keep looking, I think. I certainly hope they do have them here in Sydney!

BW

Check out TSL if there's one near you (the big stores with heaps of discounted Bonds stuff). I was in the one in Brighton on the weekend and they had a whole range of stuff!