Thread: Bamboo fleece from Fairy Fabrics?

Question Bamboo fleece from Fairy Fabrics?

Has anyone bought any bamboo fleece from Fairy Fabrics? They sell 85% bamboo and 15% organic cotton fleece for $11.00 per metre.

Just wanting to know if anyone has bought any and if it is really nice - I am using it to make NB trifolds to go inside covers - does this sound okay (will use 2 layers of bamboo fleece 30 x 30 cm)? Want to make sure it is okay before I spend the money buying a few metres.

Just on that - what covers? Am thinking that Bambino Mio is probably one of the best NB covers - any other suggestions?

Thanks, Ali

I'm sure it will be nice as fairyfabrics has some quality stuff and I've bought from there before (not bamboo though but minky and mm fleece). I thought the price was a bit too good to be true so I had a lookie and it's sold in half metre increments so would be $22 for a metre
    If you are wanting to get some other fabrics as well it could be worth getting it from them cos they will chuck it in the same parcel nad save you postage, but if it's only bamboo you want then look at snapsaustralia. I got the bamboo for the co-op I did last year from them and it's great stuff. They sell bamboo in 2 metre increments for $36 so that's almost saving you on the postage there. It will cost you about $10 in postage for 2 metres of bamboo.

Can PM you a link if you like

Thanks Raven, still very new to nappy making!

Not to worry, had a look at snaps australia and if I buy 2 lots of their bamboo fleece (at $36 per 2 metres) that will give me enough for 30 trifolds (2 layers at 30 x 30) for $72 plus only $8 postage. This seems pretty reasonable and should cover all of my newborn nappy needs (once I add covers that is).

Any more suggestions on trifolds, NB covers etc welcome.

Thanks