Thread: Diamonds in the daytime?

Default Diamonds in the daytime?

Do you think it's ok to wear diamonds in the day time or not?
    Personally I think it's kind of silly to keep them for night time only - they look so pretty in the sunlight.

I agree, they look amazing in sunlight.

I don't get to go out at night too much so i like to wear mine sometimes during the day. (not that i have a vast collection or anything)

Diamonds are beautiful at any time I think!

Probably depends on the diamonds. Personally I keep my tiara for night time LOL!!

Seriously though, if you have something like a tennis bracelet that would be ok with jeans I reckon.

Good question Chloe! My diamonds (not that I have that many LOL), don't get much wear nowadays as I don't get out much at night, and I don't wear necklaces anymore as the boys would pull them off in no time flat. I do of course wear my wedding/engagement/eternity rings during the day which all have diamonds, so there is no reason other diamonds couldn't be worn too. In fact, now you have me thinking, maybe a bit of Bling is exactly what I need to cover up the "tired mummy" look - especially on those embarrassing occassions when I have to drop the boys at day care before showering!

Melanie, I'm sure that if you wore your tiara that it would do a spendid job of covering up the 'tired mummy' look :P

I reckon diamonds any time is ok! I love looking at my ring sparkiling in the sun! Though maybe depending on the diamond too, lol to the tiara at daycare!

ROFL Chloe - just as long as they didn't call Child Services thinking I was drunk LOL...

fo shizzle ma nizzle! Get your bling on! *cough*

I mean absolutely, diamonds are for anytime of day

Definitely diamonds are ok for day time!!

I don't have a huge collection, just my engagement ring which is 1 carat ( I still can't believe I have a 1 carat diamond and always look at it sparkling away!!) and my diamond stud earrings which are never taken out!

I say if it feels good and looks good then do it!!

Definitely, definitely, definitely wear them during the day! If I had to wait until I went out at night I'd never wear them!!! These things are there to make us feel special and we all deserve that in our lives - bling away!

I LOVE diamonds!!! I only wear my wedding ring and my diamond studs these days, but I do have a solitaire pendant that I wear sometimes when I get dressed up. I should wear it more! I think I will wear it tomorrow!

I wear my diamonds all the time.

Hmmm, if I had any I would keep them "for special". I would be afraid of losing them otherwise. I'm not a jewelry kind of person though... I hate the feel of it on me. But I would love some diamond earrings... and if I had them I would definitely wear them at a day event, especially if it was sunny... I'd wear my hair up so the sun's rays would catch it and make it fiery too.

Gee Bath, sometimes you scare me we are so alike. I am not a jewellery person either but DH loves to buy me diamonds so I have a few. And he is disappointed I wear them so rarely, but I do worry about losing them when they are so expensive. I should wear the earrings more often though, they are harder to lose.

i love my bling any time! i wear my engagement and wedding/eternity rings all the time, and usually at least one emerald and diamond ring - always have diamond studs - and then swap and change the rest of it depending on the day!

DH loves to spoil me with bling - so i love to show it off for him - plus i always find it brings a lift to my mood when i look and see it - not so much that it is sparkly or anything - but cos i know it's a gift of love from DH!

rolymogs Guest

Last edited by rolymogs; March 20th, 2008 at 01:24 PM.