Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you wear

Default Do you wear

Brand names or do you just shop where the sales are on?

when i was at school i would never wear anything but surf brands, but now i buy from alot of places..rockmans, crossroads, target sometimes kmart and big W

i dont get alot for myself anymore i always seem to leave the shop with more clothes for DD!!!

I must admit I am a little bit of a brand junkie but in saying that if I see something I like and it isnt a brand as such I will still wear it and be happy doing so. I guess a lot of it is that I have found the brands I wear to be good quality and suit my needs.

awwwwwwwww typical loving mother lol. Same here, I go to the shops with a promise to buy something for me and come home with bags full of stuff for the other 7 , kids and hubbie!!! One day i might buy myself something!!!

I wouldn't even know the glamour shops to be honest.

Nope, I used to as a kid. But now I love clothes that much that I just love to have many different things to choose from. Some might say I have an obsessive shopping disorder LOL. So I always look for a bargain!

I love op shopping for quirky things, like cool jackets and shoes, belts and handbags etc...
    but I looooove target, and big w, I just cant justify spending over $50 on 1 item of clothing, I am such a scab!!

No, I wish I could, but to be honest - I can't get myself to spend $$$ on something I can get for $!!!

STARRYSKY and Nadine216 same here!!!!

I'm really stingy when buying clothes and shoes and etc etc.
    I really dislike walking into a store and seeing that i have to pay thirty dollars for a singlet... it's a singlet for crying out loud! I think this is why i barely come home with new clothes... So i guess to answer your question, no i don't really buy branded things, unless they're from a seconds and samples sale (and then theyre sporty type brands - roxy, billabong, purr).
    I'm having a hard time finding maternity clothes because i'm short and big busted i have to buy clothes that swim around my knees to get my boobs in, lol!
    Whoops that went a little off topic. I look for value, but if there is something quality that outweighs quantity i will fork out... like with underwear. I bought a dodgy 7pack from best&less and now all the elastics coming off them only the second time they have been worn, so i think i'll stick to just having to pay $5 a pair...

I tend to spend more on the kids too, I just can't justify spending much on myself. I have a clothes party in winter and summer and usually get free stuff which gives me some new clothes without costing a fortune. DH used to be a big brand snob but has really stopped now that we have more kids and less money!

Ashnant, I had the same prob with the kmart ones, some of them broke before I even got them over my legs!
    Target is a little more expensive, but the quality is well worth it, they have bulk packs too.

i'm short and big busted i have to buy clothes that swim around my knees to get my boobs in, lol!
    omg I love your way with words, I just left a wet spot on the chair!!!! I am short too with big boobs too!

I have never worn name brands as i grew up with a single mum who couldn't afford name brands, i do own a few name brand clothes but only cause i got them at sales

I'm a bit of a stinge.... well, I am a uni student lol, I usually only buy clothes when I have worn everything else out. Like the bum of my jeans lol. And even then I'll hun for the best bargin. I don't look for brand, but I won't buy something I don't like, even if I need it and its cheap (I'll never wear it anyway and that'll be a waste of money lol). I do own a lot of nice billabong stuff though... but all bought cheap at factory oulets and clearance stores lol.

LOL I will go to shops like Trade Secret and buy brand name underwear and bras... *blush* I am an underwearr/bra addict. I love all the pretty stuff, and get very weak in the underwaer dept. lol. But theres reall nothing worse than cheap underwear and the elastic going on your underwear, and you underwear falling down around your knees.

EDIT... I should say that Shel is a brand name addict, must have everything new *rolls eyes* and I am slowing showing her the benefits of Kmart and Big W... I will slowing be introduce lifeline and endevour!!!!!
    Last edited by Indadhanu; October 24th, 2007 at 08:45 AM.

I used to always want brand names, but my parents couldn't afford them, so I got used to it. for a few years when I first had my oldest DD I always bought the surf brands on sale. Sometimes full price, but not often. My brand names now come from op shops. Now DD is at school she has a Billabong bag & New Balance shoes, but I think the bag is a small thing & she's used it all year now & should easily get another year out of it. The running shoes I think are important as my she loves to run & I think the brand name ones are of better quality & give better support. Her school clothes & black school shoes are all from Big W though. Or Best & Less. Some things are worth the sacrifice, sometimes its pointless. If She wasn't so sporty she wouldn't have $60 running shoes. But I believe she needs them as she is right into all types of sports & is always running.

It's not about the brand but I do tend to buy good quality clothes. I'm one of those wierdo's you see in shops inspecting the stitching and pulling on the buttons.
    IMO you're not saving money if the stitching comes apart after a couple of washes or a piece of clothing starts pilling after the first wash.
    I would rather spend the extra money and know that what I buy is going to last.
    That said I love a bargain too and if I can get something good quality for a good price it puts a smile on my face.

We didn't grow up very well off, so I didn't start getting brand name clothes til maybe late high school and uni - especially when I started working.

My main love is quality, I've found that the cheaper stuff just doesn't last. So, if I've fallen in love with a trend that I KNOW is seasonal (like I suspect maxi dresses are), then I'm happy to buy a cheaper one, because it doesn't need to last me.

Things like Jeans and Jackets though, I'm happy to spend more, because I know I'll wear them a few times a week, and I know they'll last me a few years. I also find that I like the fit of some of the more exy brands. I'll still shop within my budget though.

I love the end of summer surf shop sales! Where I can get something brand name for much cheaper, and I know I'll wear it the next summer.

So yeah, I'll wear brand name stuff, if I can afford it (I usually get it on sale) and I'll also wear cheaper shop stuff, as long as it looks like it's good quality and is comfortable.

ETA: I should add, it's not about the brand name for me really, like if something has ROXY splashed across the chest, I'll give it a miss. It just happens that I often love the styles that surf shops stock. If I find something I like better somewhere else (I'm definitely falling in love with Target for this!) then I'll shop there for sure.

Nope. I'm not a walking billboard and will NOT advertise for these people unless they pay ME to do so. Give me Target or Myer anyday (although I do LOVE Colorado - purely because I love the styles not the brand name).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast