Thread: Kent Pumpkin made my hands go weird....

Red face Kent Pumpkin made my hands go weird....

As the title says! It is SOOOO weird. I bought a whole pumpkin, but didn't think to wash the skin before I cut it up - silly really. Now one of my hands is all dry and flakey and feels really odd! Could it be something that was sprayed on there????
    I've tried my Body Shop Hemp cream and it is just soaking in and 5 mins later I have to reapply!
    Anyone had this happen??

I've had pumpkin sap on my skin before (from cutting a pumpkin fresh from the vine, they leak on you LOL) and it made my skin feel funny too - I think the sap sort of dried on there, KWIM?

Same happens when peeling choko...they coat you in invisible sap & makes your hands feel a bit strange but it goes a bit peely & can be washed off. First time it happened, I thought the skin was peeling off in some terrible reaction but no.

Yeah, its just the pumpkin sap - don't worry about it
    I always wear rubber gloves when I chop pumpkin....

we grow pumpkins, and every time i've cut into one it's given that icky feeling - i think the sap might dehydrate your skin a bit too - i wash mine really well, then lots of hand cream for the next day or so

if i were more organised i'd wear gloves too - but usually don't think about it til my hands feel funny - i just kinda sigh at my forgetfulness and that i've let it happen AGAIN!

Ah thanks ladies! Sap makes sense because it did feel a bit slimy and weird, lazy me didn't think to wash it off til it was too late. I normally buy butternut pumpkin so have never really noticed it before. My hands have a noice green tinge to them now and I can sort of peel the dry bits off!
    Righteo off to eat my pumpkin soup and roast vegies......mmmmmmmmmm

Tan, you make me laugh with your words about your 'noice' green hands!!!!!!!

Had to laugh, because I only read your post about buying the 57 cent pumpkin this afternoon....

Keep drowning them in your body shop cream... they'll be fine in a day or 2!!!

Enchanted Guest

I'm glad I didn't buy any today!! I saw it as soon as I walked into Safeway and thought "Nah, I'll get some next week".

Hope you're hand is feeling much nicer tomorrow

Glad I can provide some entertainment around here! Seriously though, they looked hideous! but you will all be pleased to know that after I gave Izzy and my hands) a bath I put some Wild Olive moisturiser on them and today they are all better!

Glad to hear it, Tan!