Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Matching Bras and Undies

Bra's - Bombshell Design
    Bombshell has sa couple of cute maternity bras that come in bigger cup sizes.
    I like the daisy and the bella.

Ooooh thanks dach

I know Astrid, I do know how to shop, I know, because I have found precisely what I need and the search is over. I shop with comfort in mind, not as a victim of fashion. Marilyn Monroe wore Nana Nickers... so yes, a lot depends on your definition of sexy... there's not many pop icons today that I feel are sexy at all.... maybe that's why I don't buy the kind of clothes that they would wear. I'm a lover of retro styles and maybe my kind of daggy undies fit right into that style? Keeping in mind that "function before fashion" has to remain uppermost.

I don't mind accepting difference but I do mind the implication that I'm not in the know when I'm one who has actually found what she is after. Why am I reading this thread then? Just to see how other people find the comfort levels of the fashion focused underwear... it's a bit of a mystery to me. No offence intended.

I guess it's about what we think is comfy. I prefer something light and soft like a french knicker but I've also got g-strings, v-strings, boy legs, bikini cut and even some granny panties that I wear overnight when AF is in the house. I'm kind of fussy so the undies that I find comfy under my jeans aren't the same as the undies that I want to wear to the gym or the undies that I want to wear under a skirt. I'm like the girl in the U ad - I like to keep my beaver comfy.
    I don't think that liking nice underwear makes me a fashion victim and I have no idea why anyone would assume that wearing pretty lingerie makes one uncomfortable. Comfort and style are not mutually exclusive in fact I think that Coco Chanel hit the nail on the head when she said that luxury must be comfortable, otherwise it is not luxury.
    Frankly I don't care what underpants anyone else wears and I'm rather astonished and just a little bit amused that it's become such a passionate topic of debate but I still say that if you can't find a nice matched set that is comfortable that you're shopping in the wrong places Lots of the fitters in department stores are just amateurs with a tape measure and a chart who don't really understand the brands they are selling or the people who are wearing their bras.

rhyb Guest

I love bright coloured undies but I have such a hard time finding anything cute or sexy that fits. I'm 18 so unfortunately all I really care is how they look (sad but true) and being 14DD my only option is bras and things (so expensive!). I miss my Target bra shopping days. I tend to mix and match and coordinate them based on bows and colours rather than what the brand stipulates. It's more fun.

I don't see how liking pretty undies means I'm a fashion victim! I am comfortable - I have had, I think, 2 uncomfortable sets and so I threw them out. Trust me, I always put comfort first. DH has whinged that he liked the ones that were uncomfortable, but didn't want to take up the challenge of wearing them himself LOL - he also didn't want to hear about what bad underwiring does.

I do have bargain packs, I can mix and match, I don't feel uncomfortable... but I do look nice. Not just when I'm undressing, my undies suit me so I look better in my clothes too. I've found what I want in undies and like it! I want everyone to have nice undies - no matter what they look like. If you want a matching set and have questions, ask! If you want to know which pants I prefer, ask! If you like granny knickers, be proud of that! How will we ever learn that you need to be properly fitted for your bras every time you shop otherwise?

Maybe the UK is just better for this! Most department stores have a huge range from which any size woman can choose.

I've had some success with bras at Breakout Bras online. They've got some pretty nice sexy ones too, I think. And tons of sizes. Breakout Bras - Nursing Bras, Full Figure Bras, Olga ... They also teach you how to measure yourself to get the right size, and some of the bras have the store manager's comments about how they fit, etc. Their staff is also great for suggestions - you can call or e-mail them for help.

Anyone have brazillian undies? They're fairly comfy, and DH likes them. Not as "bare" as a g-string or thong, but still hot!
    Last edited by Cricket; March 14th, 2008 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Figured out how to link the page! Hurray!

[QUOTE=Rosehip_Fairy;1190983]I don't see how liking pretty undies means I'm a fashion victim! I am comfortable - I have had, I think, 2 uncomfortable sets and so I threw them out. Trust me, I always put comfort first. [QUOTE]

I don't think anyone is saying that YOU are a victim, hun. If you're comfortable - hurray! But for those of us who need to choose between fashion and comfort in the underwear department, to choose fashion would make us victims!

More power to you if you can achieve both.

Cricket, I love the brazilian undies. They call them a v-string here.

Really? I thought I've seen v-strings advertised in pics as basically a split g-string - no crotch, sort of thing. A little more naked than I like.
    Maybe I misunderstood the advertisements!
    The brazillian I've got looks like a band of lace around your hips. Same thing as your v-string?

yep, same, same!!
    Like this Victoria's Secret - Lace trim Brazilian-cut panty

love 'em - comfy and sexy....

No idea what the one's you're talking about - crotchless maybe? They're not really my style.....

Yep, those are the ones I mean! I went out looking for some last night (DH watched the girls, hurray!) but came up empty handed. Maybe I'll order some from VS.

But look down the left hand side of the page that you've linked to, and click on v-string. The page that comes up there shows something different. Especially the bottom left picture - looks pretty naked to me! Eeek. Why bother with the undies at all!?!
    OK, I've tried to post the web page address - I have yet to work out this linking business. How do you make that work?
    Victoria's Secret - V-strings

ETA: Ahhhhh, so THAT'S how that works! I've added a link to the Breakout Bra page in my previous post too.
    Last edited by Cricket; March 14th, 2008 at 10:24 PM. Reason: the lightswitch went on. :)

Quote Originally Posted by fionas View Post
    Oh, there was tanga hope and now it's been snatched away.

So how come the 80s revival doesn't extend to undies?

I will just have to play my Smiths music tanga-less.

It's a cruel world.
    There may yet be hope, Fiona. I came across a package of undies labelled as tangas in Walmart yesterday. Maybe look online?

ETA: Found some! Tangas at BareNecessities.com

Are tangas full knickers with little stringy bits over your hips? They completely cover you up and don't ride up your bum.

If so, I'm wearing some today! Bra and pants from La Senza. HTH!

Was just reading some old posts & found this one....
    I agree that I do feel much 'nicer' when I wear matching brs & undies!
    I have a couple that I bought years ago (and don't really fit anymore!!)They were not overly expensive - probably just from Target or Best & Less - but they are 'lacey' & not supportive, so I hardly ever wore them. I tend to wear tops that are more fitted & prefer a "smooth" look...IYKWIM..?
    But after reading this thread, I 'm inspired to make a trip to my local Bra's N Things to get a couple of pretty/sexy sets!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234