Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Matching Bras and Undies

I have a few, but i dont usually wear them together. they really only get worn together for DH's benefit. i prefer comfort these days. i usually wear sports bras due to the amount of sag i got when i lost weight and stopped bfing. (mainly sagged from the weightloss) but i would love to find bras that cup high enough for me not to fall out iykwim.

Fayreform are really good, also TrulyMe, available from BNT, but with Truly Me I'm an 18F/G whereby with Fayreform and sports bras I'm a 16F, so you have to check the sizing...

I LURVE bras... just have to find a man to show them off to!

Although I find for everyday wear (ie no showing-off or sexy feelings) I wear a Berlei sports bra in 16F and good old black Bonds knickers in a 16 or 18 depending on what's in the wash... LOL!

I always buy the undies that go with the bra but I don't always wear them.
    I always feel more organised when I wear matching underwear.

Fayreform is the one i was thinking of -
    I haven't tried them and i only get big enough when pg and while i'm adjusting to nursing - i vary from 10D - 14E so i have too many bras that dont fit!
    as for matching sets - i dont even have one. .but after all this talk i think i would love to get one - (at least)

OMG!!! I am APPALLED at what I have just read.... No matching undies and bras *shiver*. What is wrong with the world!!!!

I simply cannot, CANNOT leave the house without a matching set. Even my skanky stuff matches. Aaah which is mainly the case these days.
    Years ago I would have had about $1000 worth of the most beeeeuuuutiful bras and undies - lovingly cared for, always handwashed. Until some scumbags broke into the house, left via the laundy and scooped it all off the clothesrail. All of it *sob*.

Everyone in the world should have a bra fitted properly, especially the bigger girls.

Care of frilly bits and girly things -

Handwash or (more realistically) machine wash in a lingerie/mesh bag. If you don't have one, use a pillow-case.
    Hook up bras.
    Never put bras in the spin dryer.
    Hang them up over the middle of the line. Don't use pegs.
    It's ok to rinse out your bra in the shower (unless you stinky) and hang over the edge.

Can I just say that my DP thought all his Christmases had come at once yesterday when I wore my matching set!

I think I am about to get addicted to matching bra and undies shopping.

I've never worn a matching set. I'm too fussy about comfort. I find that to buy a matching set you either have to compromise on the comfort/fit of either the top or the bottom. I refuse to wear uncomfy nickers! No no no! it's not going to happen... not for me or any guy! I will only wear cotton nickers for a start. Either white or black. I guess i could match the colours of the bras to white with white and black with black... but it wouldn't be an official matching set. I like Bonds satin touch extra fine cotton nickers that come in a box... expensive at $12 ea but they fit my butt, the elastic is comfy and LASTS and nothing else is anywhere near as comfy. I'm less fussy about bras but a high cotton fabric is preferred too. The matching sets just seem so synthetic... or am I looking at the wrong ones???
    Last edited by Bathsheba; March 10th, 2008 at 09:42 PM.

Why do people assume that matching sets are uncomfortable?

Yes, I have some that I rarely wear because they aren't fantasticly comfortable, but they're DH's "treat" undies LOL. But most of my undies match (well, they all match, but some are sets some were plain and bought in bulk) and about 90% are comfortable. Today I'm in black slinky undies with some lace detail and they are bliss!

As for black bottom/white top, well, they aren't see through! If one is a bit sheer, match to that. And the brastrap/vpl problem: I have the invisible bra/pants type thing in a SET. Just shop around. Have more underwear than clothes.

I have 100% cotton sets, synthetic sets, silk sets, lace sets, padded sets, plain sets, see-through sets, sets in all the colours of the world... so it just depends where my mood takes me! I wash in the machine on the wool or silk setting, dependingon the bra.

Figleaves is fantastic, but doesn't offer much in the padding department (not a problem here I don't think: I hate you all ) so I tend to prefer Max Cleavage, which does nice padded/gel sets.

I need nice undies. I am not a very sexy person so need all the help I can get: nice undies give me a confidence boost and I don't need to dress alluringly/****ty to feel attractive. Not that I'm allowed to wear short skirts at work, but those with breasts have them falling out of their tops... *bites tongue*.

LOL Ryn, sorry matey, not convinced although I like your passion matching sets don't have sensible undies... never seen 'em. I like undies that have the elastic under my butt over-hang IYKWIM. Yes, there are probably women out there who have such pert butts that they don't have an overhang.... but my 38 year old butt does... and I like the elastic to go under it so that it isn't visible through clothes. I loathe g-strings and skimpy undies soooo much, you won't change my mind on that one! Despite my overhang sitch I think my body is otherwise quite sexy in just underwear so maybe that's why i don't see the need to spend money on anything but the plain stuff.

OOOOOH, there's a knickers war!!! LOL.

Actually Bath, I'm currently wearing an Elle McPherson set and the undies are VERY comfy and the elastic is under my bum. No wedgies here.

*Bath throws a pair of her sensible Satin Touches onto Rosehip* :P

ok Fiona, i'll check em out next time I'm in Myer

No way Bath, I have lovely sets with boyleg pants. I'm like you and want maximum cotton and I was never a fan of g-strings (ick), I adore my boylegs, have some of the comfiest soft cotton and lacy ones ever.
    Must say there is a plethora of the ones with HORNBAG whatever splashed across the bum....

Yeah, I tried the boy-leg thing but my body shape doesn't work with them but I like the idea and look of them. They just don't feel secure enough. Also lots of boy legs have that exposed wide elastic around the waist which I truly cannot stand... for any family member. Fully sealed thin elastic is the go.

ETA: oh and I'm not talking 'nanna nickers'! I like low cut briefs.

Oh gawd, you gotta whatch out for the "ride up your bum boylegs".

Bath - they're the polka dot ones if you do go into Myer. Come in a few different colours.

Lulu: Definitely! My DH bought me a pair of Peter Alexander pyjamas with boy leg undie-style pants... OMG they are so uncomfortable! But he thinks they look sexy-as!

Bath, my undies today have big sensible pants, no boy-leg. Just a touch of lace at the hip. No riding up, either. I hate that. I usually prefer frnch knickers or boylegs, but big pants are OK every now and then. I've developed an aversion to the g-string of late, have to do more undies shopping now!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosehip_Fairy View Post
    Why do people assume that matching sets are uncomfortable?
    Sorry Ryn, but when you have my body you will find that many sets are uncomfortable. Matching is fine every so often, but I really don't need matching to feel good about myself.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast