Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: where do you like to shop for clothes??

DoubleK Guest

Talking where do you like to shop for clothes??

just a quick question, what are your favourite clothes/shoe shops ,for yourself? kids? dp?

im only asking as tonight when i was @ northland, i bought 2 tshirts for my brother in Cotton On.. while i was waiting to be served (gota love xmas time!!) i was looking around thinking 'i could spend $100 in this one shop right now!' (mum is giving me $100 to buy myself new clothes)

one place ive never bought clothes from is Kmart.. i dont know why, i get all of krystals clothes from kmart!! ive just never seen anything that interests me i guess.

i love cotton on, cotton on kids for krystal, supre isnt bad for things like plain singlet tops, glassons, valley girl, jayjays. i buy deans t-shirts from footlocker, as he loves his nike tops.

I like anywhere that I can find something that fits!!! Jeanswest is pretty good.

I love to buy Danielle stuff from Pumpkin Patch. It's so cute and everything is easy to wash and can go into the dryer.

ummmm Jay jays best and less for the kids as they just have the cutest stuff and I can get them alot more for there for my money... I went no I tried to go to cotton on today but they have the shop so dam packed I couldnt get the pram in with out DD2 grabing everything with her grubby little hands so turn and just walked out. same with supre. I dont buy myself many clothes just wait for my sisters yearly throw out and as I am the only one her size I get first dibs!!!!!

DoubleK Guest

i agree about cotton on & supre, i can barely fit my stroller in, i just make room..

i dont know why they need to have such a cluttered shop.. grr, but i dont buy clothes for myself very often, so i dont go in unless i plan to buy!!

I like Target for the kids clothes and Pumpkin Patch when the sales are on.

DF used to only like clothes from the surf shops but I've got him into JayJays and Target.

I will shop anywhere that I can find a bargain! I do a lot of op-shopping. I have found so much great stuff there, especially jeans, which are my favourite items of clothing!

Anywhere i can find a bargain.. I like hipster, nice dresses & jeans.

I actually buy lots of my clothes from eBay!! LOL
    Other than that, I go to Target (i'm stingy!), cotton on, jay jays, glassons.
    I used to shop at supre, but I reckon their clothes are scary now.
    If I cant fit Claires pram in a shop, I dont go in.

usually whereever is on sale. DFO where possible
    work clothes normally jacquiee/sussan/colorado/ojay.everyday clothes from wherever, except jeans which I will pay more for ones that fit right and last longer.
    Target over kmart any day.
    We have a bonds outlet store near us with a lot of converse/everlast stuff too so DHs tshirts often come from there, but he also gets some thru his work.
    I like PP, B&L, kmart, target for clothes fro milo. pretty much anywhere.
    I like the sprout brand at myer too

I buy anywhere I find cute stuff for Iz, Kmart, Target, Myer, PP, JK Kids and of course ebay

For me I occasionally go to Kmart- mainly because we live across the road from there and Im there all the time! Target have nice stuff and buy alot from Jeans West - I love their jeans and they always have cute little tops - 2 for 40 etc.
    I love love love Sportsgirl but often can't afford it - they are just gorgeous but way too overpriced.

oh JK kids I got there sometimes too, not as often cos its further away. I love the 2 for one tops that those places do. Also I got 3 tops at westco (where I rarely go and until nowe thought they'd never sell anything to fit me) 40% off. Very impressed.

I do my best to avoid clothes shopping for me...

For DD I usually go to Target, Best and Less when I'm near one, Pumpkin Patch. DH goes to a shop called Spoilt near his work to buy DD things... I like to go to Myer for her as well but it is a bit hard to get too... and Cotton on Kids!!! LOVE them! Except sometimes their sizing is a bit scewif.

DH like Colarado, Ed Harry, and Myer...

Oooh, I love shopping! Mainly I buy from Jacquie E, City Beach, Table eight, anywhere where I see something nice in the window really! For gym gear I luuurve Lorna Jane but i've been banned by DH till next year lol! Also Rockwear.

I follow the sales too, i mainly shop at target for me and for DD#1 - she loves supre (not made for my body!) and DD#2, everywhere, although i cant go past bigW and best and less for her, cheap nice clothes but last long enough for her to out grow.

I hate stores where i cant get the pram into.

On the rare chance that i actually go shopping for me i tend to buy from target and Jeans West. Anywhere else seems to be, not in my size/not made for tall people/too grannyish/too expensive.

for Dh, he rarely buys from anywhere other than target as he is size XXXXL and target do nice clothes for big guys.

For DS i have hardly bought him any clothes, they have all been hand-me-downs so far or from the op shop, but i have bought a few things mainly from Target.

Peach Guest

I am addicted to kids clothes in Target!

I love Target for kids, Big W sometimes has cute stuff too and of course Pumpkin Patch.

I rarely but myself clothes.. but if I do its usually Target aswell.

I am on the look out for a thick winter coat .. usualy Pumpkin Patch make cute jackets with a hoodie and fluffy stuff trimming the outside. Hopefully they stock them this year!

smiles4u Guest

Cool

What a G8 thread

... Yeh, I find Supre & espesh Cotton On an absolute nightmare 2 fit my stroller thru & I jst simply don't shop in there 4 that reason

For myslf I shop Ebay & Oztion (websites) - sometimes 4 vintage stuff & current fashion & accessories (some things from Europe, Asia & USA)

Also Glassons, Jeanswest, Westco, Jayjays, Target, Very very, Dangerfield, some surf shops & some Asian fashion shops in Melb & Sydney

Leather jackets & handbags from Sirrocco in Sth Yarra. Some handbags from Strandbags in Bourke St, Mall.

Leather boots from ZOMP in Melb or Sth Yarra when they av stocktake sales. Purchased a pair of boots once that were $450 & got em on sale 4 $110. There is one in Sydney too !!

... Luckily 4 me DP wrks 4 company he can get most shoe brands that r in Myers 50% off (like Sachi, Pierre Fonte, Merrells, etc...). And also Berlei lingerie 50% off

*** As 4 my 22mth old daughter I can't justify the 'Pumpkin Patch' prices, espesh seein she is in her size clothes 4 a short time. So, I find them sometimes in Op shops. I buy her clothes from Op shops, Target wen on special, Best & Less and on rare occasion from Big W as their quality of clothes av gotten worst ova the yrs, kmart specials, & a little kids clothes shop in the Walkers Arcade in Melb that sells heap of Kaboosh label (av specials there 2). Also buy off eBay & OZtion

I buy all my clothes from op shops. Having said that, I only get things that look new or very little wear. The same with Bub's clothes. If anything has a mark on it, I try to figure out if I think it would come out in the wash, if yes, then I buy it.
    I can't justify to myself buying one top for $25, when I could get four or five for the same money. Or jeans for up to $80 or $100, when I buy them for $7 or $8, if that. The only thing I don't get from op shops is underwear and sometimes shoes.
    Clothes for the Man or Boy usually don't come from the op shop, purely for the reason that I don't look for clothes for them as much as for myself and Bubs. A bit selfish of me really.
    So, any new clothes they (or I & bubs) get come from BigW, Best and Less, Kmart, or Target, when they are on sale. Last week I bought an outfit (pair jeans, shirt, and jumper) for the Boy from Best and Less and it cost over $100. I couldn't believe it, since I normally op shop. However, if I do buy something 'new' its usually only one thing at a time. Last week I also bought I pair of high heels from BigW (primarily to go to my Dad's wedding) for $5, which I thought was terrific.
    Anyway, I get complimented on how I dress, and also Bubs, so I don't think I'll change my ways yet. Its an individual thing though.

I shop online a lot. I love babysgotstyle, frockshop and bebeonline for bub's clothing but only for sale items. I'm a bargain hunter lol. If I go shopping, I love Country Road, Seed, Cotton On Kids, Myer and David Jones for bub. I also go to Kmart, Target and Big W for Bonds stuff.

For me, I love the overseas internet sites like Net-a-Porter, Revolve Clothing, Shopbop etc. esp. since the dollar is so strong against the US dollar. I occassionally go into Country Road, Alannah Hill, Zimmermann, Bracewell and the many boutiques in Chadstone - i love Chadstone for clothes shopping (and also Chapel St, and DFO).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast