Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Slow Cooker Chatter #16

Tigergirl1980 Guest

No worries

Im joining you fellow SCs! I made DH buy me one yesterday and cant wait to use it. The sticky for recipes is fantastic, although so many to choose from. I already had food planned for tonight but tomorrow with be Ambahs Beef Casserole I think.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

OMG *squeeeeeeeeeeee* I got a SC recipe book today. Australia Post (well the one at Narre Warren anyway) had little recipe books and there it was, hooray!

So I think it was Bon asking for a fondue recipe well here's one:

Cheese Fondue

1 1/4 cups Cheese spread
    1 cup Grated Cheddar cheese
    2 tbsp Grated Parmesan cheese
    2 tbsp Chopped chives
    1/8 tsp Garlic powder
    1/8 tsp Cayenne pepper (you could use normal or leave that out)
    1/4 cup White wine (or alcohol-free wine or milk)

Place all ingredients in 3.5L SC (you would double or even triple the recipe for bigger SC's or depending on the quantity that you want) Stir well. Cover. Cooke on Low for 2 to 2 1/2 hours until quite warm.

Oh thanks Bec that will be perfect!

Another great thing about SCs is that they make great baby food - the meat gets so tender that it purees really well, and if your bub is older it is nice and soft for them to eat.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

No worries at all

mmmmmm yummy a few nice recipes are being posted, I was reading the mushroom and beef and the osso bucco recipes out to Jeff and he loved the sound of them both, so I have brought the ingredients and will be chucking one of them on tomorrow and freezing it for next week or the week after while he is home, (better than take away)

I made a beef goulash last week and I stole some of the potatoes out of it and they were sooo yummy, the kids really enjoyed it too.

Hey Cailin, can I ask where you got the mushroom stock cubes from for the osso bucco, I looked everywhere and couldnt find them and no one had ever heard of them, so wondered what store you got them at as maybe somewhre here has them I tried woolies and read every label HAHAHA I even found the oldest female assistant as I felt if anyone new she would,

so I have the osso bucco on cooking I hope it will still be good without the mushroom stock fingers crossed.
    tomorrow its blackbirds mushroom and beef

I got them from a local deli, they are italian porcini stock cubes... any deli will have them. They area bout $1-$2 from memory I'm sure it will be fine without the mushroom stock.

*hugs*
    Cailin

Thanks Cailin, I might try a small goods delli next shopping trip I know a really good one and never thought of having a look. its starting to smel divine.
    Thanks again

Hi girls!! Well the SC is back in action after a *rest* period and I made lamb casserole for dinner last night. Yet again - yum!!! Even better, it was a simple packet mix of beef casserole made up and thrown over lamb grillers, carrots, onion and mushroom.

I think tomorrow will be sausage casserole (from a packet again - just being lazy at the moment) with onion and carrot.

The best news of all - my blood sugars are better with the SC meals I may be able to avoid the insulin yet!!!

YAHH I hope you will be able to avoid the insulin, Nice to know that its working for you. I have PCOS and need to make sure im eating low gi, so hard sometimes esp. when so many recipes have potatoes and well i loved potatoes!

Well im cooking up a storm with Ambah's beef casserole. I took the lid off before and the smell just went through the kitchen, The furbabies got excited!

Im curious to know, how many of you put the SC on and then leave it on while you go out? DH is worried about burning the house down.

Done it plenty of times Its no different than leaving the fridge on

*hugs*
    Cailin

Just leave it on low if you will be out for a while - it tends to stick to the edges if you have a big SC and it is not full.

Wow the cheese fondue sounds DELISH!!! I haven't read back far, so forgive me if Im repeating, but apart from bread, what would you use with the cheese fondue?? Im going to have to give it a go!! xoxo

Sunny Summer, I put mine on low at 8am & dont get home til after 4:30pm... I use atleast 2-3kgs of meat with whatever I cook, or else as Michelle says it does stick/burn to the sides!

Never burnt anything down yet!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Meg- As well as bread you could also use, Steamed veggies (ie, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, brussels sprouts), cut up Crossaints, cooked meat (ie, strips of steak, chicken, cooked prawns).

well just finished giving the kids their tea,

they loved it, ate every last little skeric, so I am putting the rest away in the freezer for Jeff when he gets home next week, YAY another meal all ready to go, I am so happy and its so easy too, hehehe I love my slow cooker LOL, usually when Jeff is home for his 10 days off we are so busy and do heaps and end up getting take away ALOT so this will help in a huge way.

Thanks for the recipe Cailin a big thumbs up from my kiddies and I know if they like it Jeff will definately love it as my son is hard to please.

perhaps you could use some sort of savory biccies too with the fondue,
    Last edited by *Elle*; April 21st, 2007 at 06:29 PM.

Awww thats great to hear Amy! YAY!

Another tip for the fondue, you could dip olives, or breadsticks wrapped in procuitto! And do NOT forget the roasted chat potatoes

YUM YUM YUM!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast