Thread: A question about getting tubes tied.

Smile A question about getting tubes tied.

I am currently pregnant with my 3rd Girl and I also have a step-daughter, so definately want to make this my last one and get my tubes tied. I am booked in for my 3rd c section and was wondering if anyone has had their tubes tied during a c section, I just thought it would be easier having it all done at once then having to go back again for another operation.
    If anyone could help with any answers it would be much appreciated.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

I did this when I had my c/s 10 months ago - if that is your decision talk to OB now or if going through clinic - get the OB to put it on your consent form when you go for the c/s. They usually clip (? not sure of actual procedure) them I was told.

Some want you to wait - especially if you are younger ...

It is much easier than having to go for a laproscpopy later when baby is 6 months - as my friend did (though she had natural birth-so no choice) - 6 months contraception - just in case - then having to fast and leave baby screaming hungry for a feed while you are recovering from GA.

i had tubes tied at the same time as c-section. just ask your baby dr who doing the procedure and they will get you to sign form before procedure. they then ask you again after they have delivered your baby...
    i was sore for 24 hours after delivery and couldnt get out of bed unassisted. but that is all a past memory now. i thought it would easier than going back in, falling pregnant accidently or just finding a babysitter for the boys if i had it done later.
    we had tubes tied as we couldnt afford more childre3n and we were "highly fertile" (i.e. DH would walk past me naked and i would fall preggers!)
    at the time it was best for our family but now our finances are awesome and we are doing ivf for #3!!!
    but to answer you directly - the recovery time is about the same as just c-sect on its own..and i would recommend both at the same time. good luck honey!

Thankyou all for your replies, I will definately be bringing it up with my next appointment with OB.