Thread: Chocolate pudding - give me your best recipe!!

Talking Chocolate pudding - give me your best recipe!!

I want to make a really yummy dessert for friends tonight and originally wanted mousse - but most recipes have raw egg that I can't have so have decided on a yummy choc pudding with ice-cream!

So you gorgeous domestic wonders - give me your best recipes!!

Ok Tanstar, this is gonna sound like the wierdest recipe ever but believe me it is SOOOO good! Plus it has the added bonus of not being too bad for you! Honestly, u will read the ingredients and think yuck! But I make this whenever I have a dinner party and EVERYONE loves it! I dont tell them whats in it until after and they are always amazed!
    So here goes (this recipe is for 6 small portions- I often double it):

6 ounces dark chocolate
    1 10-ounce pack firm silken tofu
    2 tablespoons golden syrup / maple syrup / or brown rice syrup if you want to be extra healthy
    Dash of cinnamon
    optional: fruit for topping - raspberries work best but also any other berries or sliced banana is also good

1. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over saucepan of water over medium heat.

2. Transfer the melted chocolate to food processor. Add silken tofu and process until smooth. Add the syrup, and sprinkle in cinnamon. Process again until velvety smooth.

3. Either divide the pudding among 6 dessert cups or put into one big bowl, top with fruit and chill for 2 hoursuntil set.

Remember, it is SILKEN tofu, nothing like the tofu you use in savoury dishes!

Okay.

Saucy Chocolate Pudding. (cook as close to serving time as possible)

1 cup sr flour
    30g butter, melted
    3/4 cup sugar
    3/4 cup brown sugar (firm packed)
    2 tblsp cocoa
    3/4 cup milk
    1/4 cup cocoa, extra
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 3/4 cups hot water

Sift flour, sugar, and coca into bowl. Make a we;ll in the centre and gradually stir in combined milk, vanilla and butter.
    Beat with wooden spoon until smooth.
    Pour into lightly greased deep ovenproof dish (about 2 litre capacity) (I always grease right up to the top edge of the dish when I make puddings).
    Sift brown sugar and extra cocoa together, then sift again over the top of the pudding mixture.
    Carefully pour hot water evenly over the top of the pudding mixture.
    Bake in moderate oven for 50 minutes, or until pudding feels firm to touch, then test cake part of pudding with skewer.
    Serve with ice cream or cream if desired.

I made a butterscotch pudding the other night (the one night I was actually motivated to make something), and it was delicious if you want that recipe too. It didn't have any eggs in it at all.

Also, the other day, I saw a recipe for Mars Bar Mousse, which I am sure didn't have any eggs in it. I will try to remember it for you, 'cos I am kicking myself that I didn't write it down then and there! *Nup, can't remember it. Have posted my own thread to see if anyone else has it!
    Last edited by Netix; June 21st, 2008 at 01:22 PM.

Chocolate Tart - Recipe is from Luke Mangan (Chef, Salt, Sydney) - he calls it "sex on a plate"

I'm thinking of making this tonight cause we've got friends coming over too. It's a bit of effort but SO worth it

Chocolate tart
    150g good quality dark chocolate
    120g unsalted butter
    5 eggs
    220g caster sugar
    70g plain flour, sifted

Sweet Pastry
    250g plain flour, sifted
    110g icing sugar
    110g unsalted butter, chilled
    1 egg

To make the pastry, place flour, sugar and butter in a food processor and process until fine breadcumbs. Add egg and process until mixture forms a smooth ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30mins. Roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface and use to line a greased 24cm loose-bottomed tart pan. Refrigerate for 30mins.

Preheat oven to 180C. Line pastry with baking paper and fill with rice or pastry weights. Bake for 10mins. Remove paper and weights and return to oven for 10mins or until golden and cooked through. Whisk together the remaining egg with 1 tablespoon cold water and use to brush the pastry. Return to the oven for 5mins. Set aside.

Place the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (don't let the bowl touch the water), until chocolate melts. Set aside. Place the eggs and sugar in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (don't let the bowl touch the water) and whisk until thick and ribbons form when the whist is lifted. Pour in the chocolate mixture and whisk to combine. Whisk in the flour.

Pour into the tart case and bake in the oven for 15-20mins or until just set. Serve warm or at room temperature with vanilla ice cream.