Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Cupcake Recipes, Tips & Ideas

No prob. Here you go...http://forums.bellybelly.com.au/foru...akes-ever.html

im going to make cupcakes tomorrow for saturday, was wondering if anyone has a great chocolate icing recipe i can use??

A chocolate Ganache would be yummy. Equal parts cream and chocolate.

Or here is a choc icing i lifted from another forum J.FOR THE TOPPING

50gr plain chocolate
    2 tbsp water
    25gr butter
    175gr icing sugar

melt the chocolate and butter together with the water in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Sift in the icing sugar and beat until smooth and thick. spread the warm icing on top of each cupcake and leave to set before serving

I believe Niliac has an amazing butter icing recipe..... i'm sure it's in this thread somewhere... hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Rouge View Post
    My buttercream icing I might just hold onto for a little bit longer but let me tell you its light and fluffy and not at all grainy...
    It seems i was wrong, just talking about it! If we bug her enough she MIGHT share!

awesome thanks ange! was thinking id do a ganache otherwise that choco one sound delish!

Try Swiss Meringue Icing (which I started doing years ago because my candy thermometer broke and I wanted to make italian meringue icing - my recipe was bumped the other day by Raven)... OR try adding cream cheese to the butter... not enough to make it a cream cheese icing but it just adds a creamier touch and it fluffs better. I don't have exact measurements, next time I make it I'll work out exact measurements. It happened through accident (as all good things do!) I was going to make cream cheese icing and didn't have the exact quantities needed so I thought I'd give it a try... it made the best frosting I've ever made. Another good one is chocolate buttercream... can be white or dark... they are delish as well...

I made nutella cream cheese icing the other day and it was DIVINE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rouge View Post
    I made nutella cream cheese icing the other day and it was DIVINE!
    Now that is just evil!

is it really 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract ???

Yep, 1 TABLEspoon Jols It works... I made a batch earlier this week. Make sure it's EXTRACT not essence.

darn it !! i wasnt sure so only added 1.5 tsp, needs more oh well! i know for next time

LOL any excuse to make another batch sounds good... mine is that I didn't get a chance to put icing on my last batch... the family quaffed them down too fast!

I found a really nice cup cake recipe one day, and now I cant find it. Havent found many that I like to make, but these ones on here sound yummo. Will have to give some of them a go. thks ladies.

Talking OMG!

yay i copied all your cupcake recipes and now im gonna print em out and make em all! for my friends, holidays, parties, and just when im feeling snackish! uh oh im gonna get fat... hehehe

i know this is an old thread but it does seem to be the definitive guide to cupcakes so thought i'd keep my question in the same place!

something came over me the other night & offered to make cupcakes for a 1st birthday party next weekend & i need your expert advice/opinions!

there are 60-70 guests so i'm thinking that 36-48 cupcakes would be sufficient for those numbers?

also, the party is at 12 so i'm trying to work out when to make them. i'll ice them on the day but won't have time to make them as it's my mum's 70th birthday the next day & i think i'll need to pick up her cake on the saturday morning. would i be okay to make them the night before or would it even be better to make them earlier in the week & freeze them? i've decided on the crabapply bakery vanilla cupcake recipe.

i guess i could buy a packet mix & do them that way, especially seeing as i'm making & picking up food for my mum's party, but i really prefer to bake from scratch & i just can't help myself!

I would make more cupcakes than guests unless you know for sure half the people there wont have a cake.

oh always more ckaes than guests...especially if there are any children around.

My usual rule of thumb is 2:1 - 2 cakes to 1 guests. People like cake, they want to eat more than one most often.
    ALWAYS more cakes than guests.

Also, make them from scratch if you can, taste better, and freeze them. Ice them frozen on the morning and they will be thawed by the time you need them

Good Luck!

*bump*

Was this bumped for me? If so, thanks

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast