Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Desserts!

Aww Cai, that's a lovely thought - I'm sure Paul would have loved it

Cailin I'm sure your BIL would have loved it. What a thoughtful way to remember him, very touching.

Thanks guys! We had a great day yesterday, we did a whole heap of things he absolutely LOVED! We went to an amusement park that had mini golf & mini bowling & go karts and went mad. Went to a restaurant we often went to together for dinner and then came home and cheesecake It was a light hearted day (after some emotional moments in the morning) and I am sure he was watching and loving it

I promise I will get this recipe up LOL!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Sounds like a lovely day, and I agree what a great way to remember him and I'm sure he was watching you and loving that you were having a good time doing things he enjoyed

Default Recipe Wanted: Rhubarb and Apple Pie

As the title says I`m after a Rhubarb and Apple Pie, my Dad has some Rhubarb growing in the garden and would like me to make a R & A Pie with it.

My MIL makes a great one of these. Sorry I don't have a recipe though. I'll ask her next time I see her though for you.

Thanks Tegan that would be great if you could ask your MIL for her recipe

Here's a Gabriel Gate recipe...

You need:
    500 g fresh rhubarb
    3-4 apples
    25 g caster sugar
    zest of 1 lemon
    1 tsp butter
    200 g puff pastry
    1 egg beaten

Method:
    Preheat the oven to 210°C.

Peel the rhubarb and apples, cut both into thin slices and mix with the sugar and grated lemon rind. Place the preparation in a buttered oven dish and cook in the oven for about 15-20 minutes. Allow to cool to room temperature and place in a pie dish.

Roll out the pastry a little larger than the pie dish and place it over the fruit. Trim the edges and pierce the centre of the pastry with a knife to allow the excess steam to escape. Brush top with beaten egg and if you wish, make a pattern with a fork.

Cook pie in the preheated oven until pastry is golden brown and cooked.

Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.

Yummo!

Thank you Jo

Default HELP!! Need a good dairy/sugar free dessert for 50th B-day

Hello all,

Its my Mums 50th on Monday and me and my sister are having a dinner for her tomorrow night. I know its short notice but I only just thought of it now that someone on here is bound to have a few ideas. Mum is diabetic but also can't really handle dairy products but we would like to be able to do a Birthday cake or some type of yummy dessert in its place that she would be able to enjoy.
    With short notice in mind has anyone got any good recipes that may be
    suitable?

Tigergirl1980 Guest

DUTCH APPLE CAKE

Sift together:

1 cup sifted all-purpose flour

11/2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp baking soda

2 tbsp. butter OR margarine (you could use soy margarine instead)

1 large egg, well beaten

1/2 cup unsweetened concentrated apple juice

1/2 tsp vanilla

3 apples, peeled, cored and cut into wedges

Put all dry ingredients into a bowl. Add margarine and rub flour into the butter with your fingers until it resembles breadcrumbs. In separate bowl add the egg, apple juice and vanilla, mix well and add to dry ingredients. Mix just enough to moisten flour. Pour into lightly oiled 8" nonstick square pan.

Dip wedges in unsweetened concentrated apple juice. Place in parallel rows with sharp edged pressed into batter. Sprinkle with a mixture of:

1/4 tsp. cinnamon

1/4 tsp. nutmeg

1. Bake at 350F until apples are tender, approx 30 to 40 minutes.

Sugar Free Cake

INGREDIENTS:
    2 cups raisins
    3 cups water
    2 eggs
    3 tablespoons liquid sweetener
    3/4 cup vegetable oil
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
    1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    2 cups all-purpose flour
    1 cup chopped walnuts
    1 cup unsweetened applesauce

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIRECTIONS:
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 10 inch bundt or tube pan.
    In a saucepan combine raisins with water and cook until the water is absorbed, cool.
    Combine eggs, applesauce, vegetable oil, vanilla, and liquid sweetener. Mix well. Sift flour, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon, and ground nutmeg into egg mixture. Stir until just combined. Mix in raisins and chopped nuts. Pour batter into prepared pan.
    Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for one hour.

Default Back again with another ice cream recipe

Lime Cheesecake Ice Cream
    1 can evaporated milk
    1 can sweetened condensed milk
    2 cups milk
    2/3 cup heavy cream
    2 egg yolks, beaten
    1 cup white sugar
    1 cup lime juice
    1 pack lime flavored jelly crystals
    6 chocolate ripple biscuits

In a saucepan over low heat, combine the evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, milk, and heavy cream. Cook until warm, whisking frequently. Once the mixture is hot to the touch, whisk in the jelly crystals and sugar, stirring constantly until sugar and crystals are completely dissolved. Whisk in the egg yolks, and remove from the heat. Stir in the lime juice.

Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker, and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. This recipe takes a bit longer to set than the usual ice cream.

Once the ice cream is thick, open the canister, and place small pieces of chocolate ripple biscuit evenly on each side. They will not break into smaller pieces as the machine churns so make them reasonable pieces. Mix for about 5 more minutes. Transfer to a freezer container, seal, and freeze until solid.

By changing the jelly and juice flavours you can make this decadent creamy ice cream almost any flavour. And by using low fat milks you might feel less guilty about eating this, but I don't know if it will alter the texture in any way.

If you don't have an ice cream maker, (I don't - yet) you can put the ice cream in a container in the freezer, and take it out every hour or so to whisk it.

This is the most creamy decadent ice cream I'm made yet, and those of you who remember me will know how much I like making ice cream

Pietta Guest

OMG!!! Where have you been hiding!! Congrats on Anna- where are you posting sweet so i can catch up on you!!!

Pee

Default help! need quick and easy dessert recipe!

oh guys- i am so hopeless! we are going to a friends house for dinner and stupid me said i would bring dessert!

well i forgot all about it!

what can i make thats quick and easy and uses basic ingredients?

Danni, get a packet of scotch finger biscuits, a tin of nestle top n fill carmel and a tub of cream. Also, I hope you have a rectangle or square container to put it in.

OK;
    Layer the scotch finger bikkies in the bottom of the tray/container. empty the carmel into a bowl and mix together to smooth out lumps. Pour onto the biscuits and smooth out. Whip the cream and put on top of the caramel. Put in the frige for about 1/2 to 1 hr. Slice into squares or rectangles and serve (easier to leave in the container and they can get it out.) Easy Peasy and yummy!

oh sherie that sounds so nice but i forgot to mention i cant eat cream :S

i have just put on some tupperware triple choc muffins..too bad if they arent good enough for the rich snobby people! lol

Bummer, sorry Danni. When the muffins are cool, put some nice icing and some shaved chocolate on top or crumble a flake over it - very classy LOL.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast