Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please help me to help DS15

I hope your DS came home and everything is OK. Thinking of you...xxxx

Did he come home Dianne?

So sorry I havn't updated until now, been in Court all day. DS did come home and we had a huge talk and I finally think we are getting somewhere now. He got up this morning and attended his course and had a fabulous day. He has accepted to come to our GP too. Thank you to everyone for your support throughout this.

Regards,
    Dianne

I know this thread is old but I thought I would check and see how you are going. I know what you are going through.

My DD15 was dianosed with depression earlier this year. One day I accidently walked in on her after a shower and saw that she had been cutting her self so I started therapy with her straight away. I had so many people tell me tha she was doing it for attention but I knew otherwise. When she was diagnosed I felt like rubbing it in their faces (school was the worst of the lot)

For a while therapy help right up intil her absolute bestfriend took her own life and she was the pall bearer at the funeral (it is not fun to watch your DD carry her bestfriends coffin) and her cutting started again and she lost all interest in school work she couldn't concentrate and was struggling day to day.

Eventually she waqs placed on medication and since it has been in her system for a while now we haven't looked back. I went through so much guilt for my teenager needing meds but when it came down to it I needed to make her better and that is what it took.

This is just my story to possible help you out some, none, some or all may apply to your life who knows but I believe in talking about teenage depression and getting help for parents that feel lost by it all.

Hi Diane,I do not have any exp with a teenager but i do have exp of me when i was one.

I would miss school ,sleep in,drink loads of coke and stay up late.Always an excuse why i was not going to school, i would fight with my mum all the time.
    I was depressed and had bad anxiety,do you think this could be it? I was suffering inside , but as a kid of that age as well i was not going to talk to my family about it, i was ashamed i was hurting , i wish i could hav spoken to mum but at that age i wouldn't and couldn't.
    I think back now how hard it would have been for my mum so i can someone what understand how hard it is for you.

Maybe it is depression ,anxiety is common at that age with school and new things etc.
    It maybe drugs.
    It could be chronic fatigue but i doubt it as i would go more towards depression ,he may have lacking in iron or some form of vitamin that is making him more tired.

Just some of my exp for you ,big hugs xx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12