Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: WDYT of this invitation??

ah cool, I thought you were cross with us all

oh gawd NOOOOOOO!

Iam not shirty I PROMISE!!!!!!!!

I really mean it. Really really.

*does a silly dance*

Yeah, we have always told our teen not to share or leave drinks unattended - not that she's a teen now, but she was always frank about what she was going to drink/take and we would warn her appropriately.

It's all you can do IMO

Well, I ended up saying no, full stop. Regardless of anything, she is only 15. Bless her cotton socks and purple hair, she didn't say a thing. No screaming or whinging, just ooh ok.

She is such a good kid, I am a lucky mumma!

Thanks for everyones perspectives on things. From now on I'll take everything on a case by case basis and DD understands that. yahoo!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Lulu,

I'm so glad to hear you had a happy (well, for you) resolution and that DD took it well. There will be more parties for her, but at least you've set your boundaries and she respects that. She does sound like a gem!

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu2 View Post
    One thing I want to make clear is that you may have opinions one way or the other but until the day you have to implement your beliefs, the day your child gets their first party invite, the day your child tell you her peers at school get drunk every weekend and have random sex at the age of 13, the day you actually have to FACE it in reality - well ONLY then you can really understand how this feels.
    I just feel the need to add to this that I raised my sister through her teens so while my sig doesn't reflect it I have been there. I know we're all cool but just wanted to point out that many people's life experiences can be more than we realise.

I'm glad you and your daughter have made a decision and all is well. It sounded full on to me. I was lucky with my sister that she wouldn't have even wanted to go- she was a damn easy teen really

i'm so glad you've come to a happy resolution Lulu - it truly does sound like your DD is a good one!

webbgirl Guest

I just saw this post and thought the invite was very wise (if as parents you decide your child can drink at their 16th). If my DD had received it though, there is no way on earth she'd be allowed to go. I would say no, we could talk about it, but a definite no from me! xo

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234