Thread: PCOS and anxious after second miscarriage

CarlyM Guest

Question PCOS and anxious after second miscarriage

I'm new to this site, but have found it comforting reading the postings especially those about recurrent miscarriage.

I had a second miscarriage 4 weeks ago. I was 10 weeks (same as the first time) and needed a D&C. My OB is going to do a serious of tests for us to see why this is happening. I feel so incredibly alone. I have a wonderful husband but none of my family friends or associates seem to have had this kind of problem and I feel like I'm the only one. Given my age I know I need to start trying again soon (depending on the tests) but am so anxious about going through it all again. I am also anxious about the tests results might show.... The doc sent the products from the D&C to the lab for genetic testing. We're meeting him on the 19th of June to find out the results and what we need to do from here.

I'd really appreciate any reply advising me on what I can expect from the doctor's tests? I also have PCOS and am worried that this is the reason for my 2 miscarriages? Are there any specific tests I should be asking for?

Much appreciated :-)

Hi Carly,

I'm really sorry to hear about your two miscarriages. I'm glad you have found this site because there is a wonderful bunch of ladies (and a few men too) that are really compassionate and supportive. They definitely helped me through a really tough time when I lost my little angel and are still helping and being supportive now that I am TTCing again.

I had a D&C as well, and at my last obs appointment my obstetrician told me they had sent the "products" for pathology as well. He said everything came back normal, but now I kind of wish I had asked him more questions. I'm not sure what tests were performed or what exactly was "normal". I wish I could give you more information, sorry. There are a number of girls on here that have been through similar situations that can hopefully give you some more information about specific tests and also some more info about pcos...

I know it doesn't help much, but try not to stress too much about the test results until they come. As hard as it is, there's nothing you can do at this stage to alter the results, so try to be positive and expect the best. My thoughts are with you and I will keep my fingers crossed that everything comes back fine for you and you can continue on your TTC journey when you feel you and your body are ready.

Big hugs Carly and welcome to Belly Belly. I am so sorry to read of the passing of your babies - it is a dreadful thing to go thru once but twice in a row I understand is a huge amount of grief and confusion...

I will put the link in for an article on recurrent miscarriage - this will give you some tests to think about.

When your baby is sent away to pathology they are looking for a chromosomal abnormality. As you may know this is a cause of miscarriage - this is good to know. If it is a chromosomal abnormality that will give you some answers at least. Most often they will also be able to tell you weather your little one was a boy or a girl. For me I found that helpful for my goodbyes..

Take time to experience the gamut of emotions and take comfort from the wonderful women in here who will gather around to support you.

You can find the Recurrent Miscarriage Info HERE

Sending you prayers and strength my love.

CarlyM Guest

I firmly believe in the power of knowlege and am very grateful for the link you sent me to your article, I found it very useful. Am meeting the doctor on thursday and am feeling well prepared to ask plenty of questions. He's one of those helpful doctors who will investigate the problem before I've crossed the 3 m/c threshold:-)

Thank you again for your support and kindness.

CM