Thread: Progesterone Pessaries while TTC after miscarriage/loss

Default Progesterone Pessaries while TTC after miscarriage/loss

Im soon to start taking progesterone Pessaries - can anyone out there who is currently taking them give me a heads up on what to expect?

It feels really weird and you have to wear a pad to catch the "melted stuff".

I suggest wearing a liner as well - it can get a bit messy but other than that you don't know it is there.

I was only on one a day, so I would just pop it in right before i went to sleep and used a liner. I didnt find them too bad at all. You get used to using them. Especially when you know that good they are doing for your chances of holding onto bubs.
    xo

Thank you - i do only need to use one a day of a night time! by the morning will i still need to use a pad - is there any side effects? i have to start taking them 3 days after my peak day is that normal? do they really work?

I just found the liner to be a comfort, you can get a bit of "leakage" when you first get up... I didnt need a pad.
    As for me, I started using them due to bleeding at 6 weeks, and I am now 20 weeks. I used them till after my 12 week scan.
    As for side effects it is a nautral progesterone, so you might get things like tender bbs, bloating and the usual pmt stuff. I found it hard to tell cause I was pg...
    hope this is the ticket for you hun!

Thanks Ruf - did u fall preg on your first attempt of using them?

can anyone tell me if Progesterone pessaries can delay AF or even give a false positive?

Hi HJ
    dont think they give a false postitive but they do delay AF, if prog maintainance is a problem for you in pregnancy then they can amke all the difference, they keep the endometrium nice and rich until the placenta takes over, so if youve found in the past when you have you bloods and your prog has dropped off they may just be what you need. Good luck
    Oh also i didnt find i needed a pad, i just had one at night but beware as i found i had an orangy colour when i wiped IYKWIM can be abit scary if your not expecting it.

Hun, I think they might delay AF, but will NOT give a false positive. Did your Dr say how long to use them for?

With me, I was already 6 w pg when I started using them, so that was not something I needed to worry about. It was my 4th pregnancy, the first three were very early miscarriages between 4-5 weeks (or chemical pregnancies)... And once I started bleeding at 6w with this one, my OB put me straight on the progesterone.

Hope it does the sticky trick for you.

xo

Phew - im glad they dont give a false positive - but they can delay AF!!! great just wat i need! hahaha
    i have been sooo busy today to that i forgot to ring chemist to get them made up for tomorrow! will it make a difference if i start using them later than what FS said - i doubt im utd this mth anyway!!! i think i have O early than usual! man my day seems to be getting worse!

Ruf - cant remember how long i have to use them for - i will have re confirm everything with FS on monday - the idea of progesterone pessaries was done over the phone cause i said i didnt want to do the PREGNYL injections!!! that just didnt feel right for me! im glad the pessaries have helped u tho! how long are u on them for? my FS did say that if i did fall preg than he would also give me a progesterone injection just to up my levels even more

Scooby - yeh apparently i have very low progesterone levels confirmed by Blood Tests!!!
    wow an orange colour when wiping! gee the joys!!! as long as that is okay i can handle it!!
    thanks for your help

Sorry I am new - what's AF?

Oh! I found what AF stands for - very good, going to use that one

Hi hj1981,

I didn't get any side-effects - but to me...sorry TMI - feels like you are leaking slimy wax. Takes me 2-3 washes to feel clean in the morning - eek. I now always try and do Pregnyl - even though they kill - to avoid 2x daily pessaries. I wish it didnt bother me like most others...I hope you are one of them...

hj1981,
    I have used progesterone pessaries in the past. I had to start using one a day from CD21 or 7 days after "O". I used it at night and found it good to still use a liner the next day as the left over residue can tend to seep out during the day (sorry if TMI).
    Yes, they do hold off AF. MY FS said to use them and then do an HPT at about 12-13 days post "O". If it was positive then keep using them. If it was negative then I could stop and AF usually turned up a day or so later. Of course, you can wait until your normal AF is due and then do the HPT. Day 12-13 was enough for me because as well as the HPT result, I can usually sense by then if I am pregnant.

I hope this has helped. I used them until 12 weeks with my last pregnancy. Anyway, make sure you ask your FS everything you want to know.
    Good luck.
    Debbie

Thanks everyone! sounds like im in for some fun! i start them tonight! should be interesting!
    im a few days late in starting them but apparenlty that shouldnt matter - have to take them for 12days starting from 3 days after peak - which was a few days ago! i hope they wont delay af too much - i dont want them to put my cycle out as it will prob make it harder for me to concieve! but i guess i gotta do what i gotta do!!!

HJ i hope they go alright for you!!

Thank you Dannim - i will be sure to let u know! hahaha