Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: ? Progesterone problem

Oh my gosh so much information - Thank you Very much for all that!
    i havent done a saliva test as of yet - will definatly go and ask for one!
    The FS isnt sure if it is a progesterone issue at this stage but for some reason he is leaning towards it!
    on the referal for my Blood Tests today he aslo asked for my anticoagnants to be tested (blood clotting)
    im hoping that wont be a issue and that is is just progesterone!
    i dont know what my choelestrol levels are - however they have never been a problem in the past!
    Those herbs that u talk about - do u just get them from a heath shop?

You can get those herbs from some health shops, which would usually be pill form. I know I've seen some chaste pills in the shop before. Tinctures are better, if you can go to a Naturopathy school, they usually have a clinic that is free or really cheap for students to practice in and you can get tinctures there. Then you can get one with both herbs in it, and maybe some others if you speak with a student/teacher.

Cholesterol is always a part of the FBC (full blood chemistry) of the regular blood tests. If you ask your doc for them, he can tell you. If not, any blood tests you've had in the past will have it, and you are entitled to a copy of your blood test history, they will print them for you.

You can diagnose your own hormones with symptomology. Take a look at this questionnaire: estrogen dominance and see how many you would tick and let me know and which ones.

This is another pdf just listing some glandular support supplementations. If you don't have pdf capabilities, I have them on word, too.

Do you eat much seaweed? You may want to check up on your thyroid also. Either that or just assume you need some thyroid support and take some kelp. I have a thyroid test, but it takes time, daily temps several times a day and my doula showed me an easier way if you'd like to try it. You get some betadine (that stuff that was used in the ol' days on wounds and goes brown on skin) and put a streak of it on your skin somewhere where it won't rub off for 12 hours (overnight is good). I would choose my stomach. If it is gone, your body sucked up all the iodine, showing a great need for it. The temps are still good for showing specific issues, depending how they fluctuate.

If I give more info at this point, I'll only confuse you and me! So I'll leave it at that. But next up, if you like, I can show you some other things to do to figure out if you are adrenal or thyroidal, which will help pinpoint where any hormonal troubles are coming from.

Keep us posted on what doc says, I'd be interested to know what his/her diagnosis is. What makes the doc say progesterone, btw?

The Earthen Clan: I'm going to look into chasteberry and withania, too. I already use evening primrose oil and fishoil.

Have you used them yourself? What dosages worked for you?

Hi Hj & Tempus M

I don't want to seem like I'm paranoid, but I would caution you on starting on any herbal supplements unless you are under a fully qualified naturopath and you discuss these with your OB/FS as well. I can fully acknowledge the benefits of natural supplements, but they can be very powerful, and they can start messing around with your cycle before you know it. There has been much discussion on these forums about the use of chasteberry (vitex) - it's very unclear how much you should take, and hence you should really consult a qualified naturopath for advice. If you goolge 'vitex', you will also see that the information is very unclear as to the effects of vitex on early pregnancy, with some sites saying you should stop it immediately once you become pregnant, and other sites saying you should continue on it - that doesn't make sense if you ask me. There's also a lot of anecdotal info linking vitex with early miscarriage, but the cause & effect link is unclear (i.e. whether vitex contributes to early miscarriage, or rapidly withdrawing off vitex contributes to early miscarriage). So in essence, it's all very confusing, and if I were you I wouldn't go on any of those supplements without further advice. Hj, particularly given that you're in the middle of getting a whole lot of blood tests done, it may not be a good idea to go on anything yet until they can work out what is actually going on - the vitex could really start impacting (i.e. positively or negatively) with your hormones which will just confuse the situation. I guess once the BT results come back and you have a 'diagnosis', then you might want to discuss strategies with your FS, including natural supplements. Please don't think that I'm anti natural supplements as such, because I'm not, but I've just 'been there, done that' and wasn't convinced that they were the answer for me (particularly because I need to see the scientific evidence). I also stopped taking the vitex after I had the chem preg in Oct, and that had been the month I'd started taking the vitex. I have done two rounds of acupuncture, and am totally convinced that acupuncture has helped me to fall pg this time around. I still don't know if it's viable, but will be finding out tomorrow at our first scan. And Hj, I got my BT results back from a fortnight ago (16 DPO), and my prog was apparently 49 - I will discuss this with OB tomorrow, but by the looks of it I don't have a prog deficiency as this number is quite high. So it really pays to get the tests! I'll let you know how I go.

kaib: first of all, congrats on your pregnancy and good progesterone! Every positive thing is wonderful, isn't it?

And you're right--you really need to approach herbs with caution. Whenever I try a new herb, I research it in my books and the internet, use the very smallest dose, once a day, then watch my body (and cycle--I chart) for any effects. And of course, I go off all herbs as soon as my temp goes up, even for only one day. Even then, nothing is risk free.

I have an appointment with a FS next month for my multiple miscarriages. I'll be getting all the tests, i'm sure. Wish me luck!

Tempus - all the best to you, i really hope your tests can shed some light for you.

Kaib - thank you very much for your advice and concern! dont worry i wont go taking anything i havent spoken with my FS about! im always very cautious on everything!
    Im soooo glad and happy for you that all is going well! its also good that your progesterone is at a good level!
    How did your first scan go? must keep me updated on your progress - im hoping i will be 3rd time lucky aswell!!!!

Not long now until i can test!!! i was soo tempted to do so this morning but im only 7dpo - so i controlled myself! it was hard but i did it! hehehe
    i want so much to be preg this mth - but than a tiny little bit of me dosent cause i want to give the FS a chance to go through my bloods and work something out so i dont have a 3rd MC!! if you all know what i mean! but i guess what ever will be will be!

catrionalee- how are u going? any news yet?

Hey Hj -

Thanks for thinking of me! OB appointment went pretty well - saw a heartbeat which was extremely reassuring, but CRL was 4mm which dated me at 6w2d as opposed to 7 wks at that time. From what I've read, I shouldn't be overly concerned about this difference as the scans are accurate +/- 4 days, and given I ovulated a little later, this then would probably add up. Still not out of the woods yet, but I'm starting to feel a little calmer about it all now.

I should mention, I told a furfy last month & mentioned that I didn't start testing until 13 DPO, but I actually started testing at 7 DPO and was getting faint lines on the LC ultra-sensitive tests from 7 DPO. I guess I didn't want to go through all that had happened with the chem pg in Oct (i.e. with the faint lines & then AF arriving a few days later), which is why I didn't post until I was fairly confident that the line was getting stronger. The line at 7 DPO was ultra faint but it's there - I can still see it (have kept it!); it wasn't even with FMU (was mid arvo). So 7 DPO is probably a little early, but it's not impossible to get a BFP. I'm a little obsessed, I did a total of 20 HPTs last month, starting from 7 DPO through to 29 DPO. It was only that I kept on getting faint lines that I kept testing every day to see if they got darker. Plus every time I had a little bleeding, I went in to test again to check that the line hadn't faded. I've kept all of them just for proof! I really hope that you get your BFP soon - I will keep my eyes open for your posts over the next week!

Kaib - well your not too far behind what u originally thought - and you are the furthest along u have ever been so far so all that is fantastic news!!! you have no idea how happy i am for you! im looking up too you and hope i follow in your footsteps soon! is your ob doing anything extra for you since u have had a few MC? im 7dpo today and was sooo tempted to test! im feeling rather tired lately - which was a sign i had last time - but im prob thinking too much into it all and no doubt its just my imagination!
    as for all the hpt's u have done! hahaha dont worry about it i was like that too and im sure i will do it all again!

Kaib - as for your dates not being what u thought they should be - i was told that its not uncommon for your dates to change for the first couple of U/S - as they go by how much the bub has grown!
    when i had my first ever U/S i was meant to be 8wks 1day - was told i was only 6wks! i was sooooo devestated - to think you had gotton so far when u really hadnt - what was meant to be a good day for me i for some reason ended up in tears! was also embarrased cause i had to tell ppl wasnt as far as we were originally told! however was reasured by alot of ppl that it is normal!

hey guys!
    kaib, congrats, taht is such awesome news
    i havent done anything further than charting just yet - i really feel like my body is better off by healing for a while and not stressing too much.

taht said, going to get a referral to obgyn in the next few weeks, and will take it from there.

how are you hj, any "feelings" if you might be preg??

Hi ladies,

I wanted to pop in and sprinkle some BABY DUST!! I have been in and out of this thread last year.

Just wanted to give some hope too........... I had a chemical pregnancy last month (November), AF was a week late, my hpts never got dark that week though. After that I O'd exactly the same time as I normally do (cd18) and conceived again straight away. I tested positive New Years Day, so that was the best 2008 present I could hope for.

I was really surprised to conceive again straight after a MC, but it certainly is possible.

I wish you all the very best of luck!

Lee xo

Congrats Lee!!! hope we all catch your baby dust

catrionalee: thanks. and I can understand why you want to let your body ?rest?.

hj1981: yes, I get where you?re coming from, with all the ambivilance. And I congratulate you on your self control not testing yet. Lets say--I hope everything works out for the best.

kaib: your story about the 20 tests is cute, now that you know it?s positive, of course. I?ll be praying very hard.

Lee: sorry about your chemical preg. But tons of congrats on your BFP! I?m thrilled for you. (and thanks for the babydust LOL!)

Lee - thanks - its always good to hear that there is hope! congrats on your BFP!!!! and hopefully i caught some of that babydust! i did leave some for everyone so i wasnt too greedy hahahaha

Catrionalee - good idea - i bet thats when things will happen for u! its usually the way!

Tempus - good luck with ur appt with fs - be sure to keep us informed of how it all goes!

Hj - thanks for your feedback about dating from scans, I can completely understand how you would have felt at 8 wks being told you were only 6 weeks along. With respect to OB doing anything differently, well he was obviously very willing to see me at 7 weeks, and it was obvious he was trying to reassure me that everything seemed to be going along ok. I've booked in to go back in 4 four weeks, but I think that's standard practice to be seen by OB every 4 weeks up to about 30'ish weeks. Apart from that, it looks like it's just all the normal scans - next scan is at 12 weeks for dating & NT, but have to go in to Spring Hill for that one. He reassured me that I can ring at any time if I'm concerned. Have had a lot of strange pulling in stomach today, but I wouldn't call it cramping as such, although it's been mighty uncomfortable. I really hope you'll be joining me in PAML thread very soon Hj.

Catrionalee - thanks for the congrats; hoping that it will be your turn very soon.

Tempus - I know, 20 HPTs is a little obsessive isn't it ... most I've done, ever! I hope you're travelling along ok.

Kaib - will your up in spring hill u can visit me! hahah thats where i work!
    who is your obstertrician if u dont mind me asking? did u have internal scan? if so how did u feel after that?

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast