Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Loss or Miscarriage ~ June 08 #2

Hi All,

Mollycat - can't use the 'too short' line as we are both using ladders! And my daughter is only 9, so she's not quite good enough at the painting business to recruit her yet, but I'll keep thinking.

Mel (knickers) - How you going? All clear??

Angel Babies - I'd be POAS in 3 days if I were you. I don't like waiting! Good luck!

KL - We've all got painting fever!! Unfortunately, ours didn't even start off as fun. It was a chore right from the word go, but I know it will look much better when it's done. Dinner was good, thanks. A bit late for me though. I'm an early bird. In bed evrey night by 8.30pm and usually asleep by 9!! We didn't finish dinner till 8.30pm so I am a bit tired today. I know, I know. It's sad. My friend calls me a grandma! Did you manage to convince your DH to BD? Just read your most recent post. Well done to your DH for coming through with the goods. If the little catch you're egg, I'm sure you'll owe him a nice massage (or a night out with the boys if he prefers)! Hope it was your time. Can't wait to see your BFP!!

Jen - Let's think positive and assume the test is ruined cause of the heat! Seems I've already found out about the BB addiction, seeing I'm here now, and it's a school night, and I'm normally tucked up nice and warm by now (it's winter here). I thought I would just post on the weekends cause I'm pretty busy during the week, but here I am!! I can't beleive you took us to the movies. Was the film good? Did we enjoy it? My DH would kill me if I did that!!

WTH - Congratulations on your BFP. I hope it all goes well for you. Sorry I can't help you with your questions. I know absolutely nothing about this. All I am familiar with is hGC. I'm sure someone else will be able to help you out though.

Katie Girl - Hi. Nice to meet you. CONGRATULATIONS!! You're a lucky duck!! Can't wait to be in the same boat. What a great idea about the bet you made with your DH. I might look into that (so long as I can guarantee I win!!)

Vanaithi - Big to you. Sorry you're going to see AF. Perhaps this will be the last month you will have to see her for a while. Good luck withthe coming month. I hope all goes to plan. And don't feel like you're complaining. That's what we're here for. Take care, and chin up.

Easha - Hope you're feeling better soon.

Sara Jane - Congratulations to you!! You lucky thing. I too hope you've started the run.

AFM, today was the first day back at work with no tears, and a normal day. I enjoyed teaching my kids again, and other than the 9 year old girl in the playground with a 17 year old's attitude, I had a fantastic day. I hope today was the start of many more to come. I have to get off this thing - It's past my bed time!!!

to you all!

Big hugs & welcomes to the new gurlies!

Just poppin in for a quick Monday morning hey...I took off Thursday and Friday to have a rummage sale...should have come to work

I'll try to find some time to read and catch up in a bit...if I've missed any important news please someone tell me!!!

Katiegirl--Congrats again on your baby girl! Do you have any names floating around yet? Will you continue to have the weekly scans until you deliver?

AJC--Ask and you shall receive--3 BFP's since your post asking for some BFP's! lol... Too bad it wasn't that easy all the time! The 3rd BFP came from the TWW thread in case anyone is wondering where I came up with 3, but I won't spoil the good news for her so she can post it here herself. Congrats on passing your milestone! Hope the 2 weeks till your scan flies by--another TWW of sorts--I'd rather be in your TWW than mine!

WTH--Congratulations on your BFP! So I'm guessing that bleeding episode on days 8 and 9 were implantation bleeding?? I'm so happy for you!!

mollycat--Huge Sorry about your rough day! Will you be going to visit your brother's new baby? That's a tough position to be in, especially with your EDD coming up Sending more big hugs your way, and some for O this weekend!

Easha--Hope you're up and feeling better today!

SaraJane-- Congrats on your BFP!!! They always seem to come in three's! Hope you're all settled in the new house--now you get to work on a nursery! Hope you get your internet soon, thanks for finding a way to share your great news with us! I'm so happy for you!!

Krystie--So you knew all about SJ's BFP??? You are good at keeping secrets, that would be a hard one not to share! Ooh, what do you think of my temp today? I'll listen to your "rambling" all day long as long as you're telling me there's a chance the test was wrong--that's exactly what I need to hear, thanks! Hope DH is still coming through with the goods for you!

joey--Glad to hear you're getting back to some sense of normalcy, a day without tears is a big accomplishment! Especially when you're dealing with 9 yr. olds with 17 yr old attitudes! Aah, and I see that the addiction is beginning.... lol, at least it's a healthy addiction! DF didn't mind that I brought the laptop since I put it away when the movie started, but it sure was tempting to log on during the movie--but, no, I was a good girl! And yes, we all enjoyed the movies!

smilanatu--Eww, a Monday morning after a 4 day weekend, you're going to be swamped! So did you get rid of a lot of junk at your rummage sale? I see O is just around the corner, bet you'll be keeping Lee busy this weekend!! Enjoy your BD fest!

Always thinking of our preggie friends: JMG, nickster, Trac, Magda, Katiegirl, ll80, Anthonysmom, mmteacher, seenabeena, Mel, Emmy-Lou, rainbowgirl, plc, AJC, and Canary! Hope you're all doing well, and growing nice, round bellies! jenushka, SaraJane, WTH, and _________ (you know who you are--still going to give you the honor of announcing it!) congrats again on your recent BFP's!!!

Big hugs to our other friends: tempus, bettyboop, tina, Jodsan, pbstar, tutmae, issy, Abbey, Acria, Megsmum, Van, Angel babies, mollycat, Krystie, smilanatu, joey, Easha, Toccara, Antheia, Cierasmummy, Leyza, Hussibug, LizJessie, Mazibelle, Natty, treelo, Sandygirl, and kittens. Whew, hope I didn't miss anyone!

AFM... Looks like I'll be busy unpacking from our camp trip--my house is a disaster area right now! There's only a trail going through my kitchen right now!

Hey, I was wondering if anyone knew what happened with the 2 kids from QLD (I think?) Got an
    e-mail regarding the tragedy, but it didn't say what happened, so was wondering if anyone had an idea?

Hope everyone has a great day!

SaraJane...WTH... Congratulations!!!

jen...eww...tell me about it AND I have poison oak all over my arms from cleaning out the mini forest in my backyard...I am telling you I should have just worked! LOL

This weekend is IT!!! Lee and I will be DVDing every morning and night this week and ALL weekend. We're gonna catch something if it's nothing more than sore parts...

smilanatu--Oh no, poison oak?!? My DF and a couple of the kids get it really bad to where they've had to get shots it the butt, but I'm pleased to say I've never gotten it! (better knock on wood!)

I'll send you a cyber wheel chair for your recovery from this weekend, sounds like you'll be needing it! Better get rid of that poison oak quick, you don't want to be catching that anywhere else this weekend! Good luck, fingers are crossed for you! Tell Lee to give his boys a pep talk!

Morning to everyone

WTH & SaraJane congratulatiosn to both of you, looking forward to you joining the "fat" club (aka paml). Just don't leave us too soon, we'll miss you. What wonderful news. I love how the BFP's come in groups, and they all seem to be spaced a couple of weeks apart. I guess that's because we are all on similar cycles.

Smilanatu - even though there was a downside to your days off, I bet the break was nice. Shame you have to go back and deal with the mess on your desk. Hope you get it sorted before you DVD

Jen - thanks for the hug, it was a very rough afternoon, DH came home just after I posted, when I told him, he offered to go and have "words" with my mother, I told him not to bother as she just wouldn't get it. No, I won't be visiting, that would just be too hard, and my brother and SIL really annoy me (these are the ones that have a million kids and can drop pg really easy - but no that's not why they annoy me, it's they way they behave as adults (he's really arrogant and expects her to wait on him hand and foot and and they way they let the kids behave - really naughty).
    By the way Jen - I like the look of your temp today (maybe you could copy WTH, you had a little spotting a few days ago you could start the next group of BFP's. My temp took a nose dive this morning, but it's cold here, and I woke up feeling cold so i'm not too surprised, I'll have to add another blanket to the bed tonight.

Joey - glad you had a good day at work today - I feel for you with 9yo's. I have one 8yo for after school care, and I think she's heading towards 17 as well.

All these BFPs!! Congratulations ladies! H&H pregnancies all around

With any luck I'll be joining you in a few days. I'm trying to wait till Friday till test..and trying not to think about possible symptoms. Last cycle I was so sure, and nothing. I'm still constipated and gassy, with sore nipples..that's about it really. Bahh! I really don't trust my body..will just have to see whether AF shows I thinks.

Take care girls

Lisa xx

Hi everyone.

Sorry, no time for personals now, I am late for school (work - I'm not still in school!!), but I just wanted to ask this question... PHYSICALLY why do we need to wait a month before TTC again. I know about the emotional healing, but I will never forget our little one that we lost, and I really really want to be pregnant again, so long as it won't increase my chances of another m/c. I was only 5.5 weeks when i mc, and my hCG is dropping quickly (Day of mc HCG45, 2 days later was 8, another two days later was 3, now waiting for results from another 5 days after that, which was yesterday). I am charting and I feel great, and emotionally ready. I have not drunk, smoked, eaten chocolate or any caffine since my miscarriage (or during that pregnancy) and I am watching what I eat and am exercising. Is it because I need to wait for my uterus to get back to pre-pregnant? Would it have changed that much in the 3 weeks I was preg? Does it help that I consider myself quite healthy? My dr says wait a month, and I probably should, but I'm hopeless. Would be greatful for some suggestions, ideas, feedback or anyone you know who has experienced a preg straight after mc, either for or against. It's hard to find info like this on the net, that aren't chat rooms, so I figured I may as well get my info from a reliable chat room!! Also, does anyone know where I can read up on the medical side of WHY i need to wait? I'd be happy to if I understood WHY, but it drives me crazy just knowing i should, but not the reasoning behind it. THANKS

Joey

joey - my ob said the reason to wait is so that you can have AF in the meantime before TTC again. According to him, AF helps to "nourish" the uterus and get it back to prime TTC condition.

joey--My doctor told me to wait for 2 cycles, but I felt the same as you, I was ready to be pregnant again. Of course, it's cycle 4 and I'm still trying, so the doc won that battle, I guess! I spent a lot of time on the internet searching for the answer to that very same question, and found that most of the time it said that there was no medical reason why a woman should have to wait (as long as she's emotionally ready, of course). I read of many women never even having another period because they fell pg again right away, that's what gave me hope and got me trying again. I had a blighted ovum and 3 m/c's before I had my 7 yr. old DS, so there's always hope, the circumstances just have to be perfect! It sounds like you're healthy and ready emotionally, good luck with whatever you decide!

Hi plc! How's it going? Sending big

Acria--Good luck with testing on Friday! Theoretically Fri. should be my testing day, as well, so for us both! Sending lots of anti-AF vibes (and keeping some for myself!)

mollycat--Wow, that was a big temp drop this am! Sorry to hear about your brother and SIL--here's a few more Here's hoping that my temp stays high tomorrow!

Congratulations to the ladies who got there BFP .
    There are heaps who are in the TWW so good luck to you.

To me and the OB appointment and Scan!!!
    Firstly and most importantly (from a clomid pregnancy point) there is only 1. Hooray!!!!! This instantly reduces the risk as there were two last time.

Aaanywaay, It was sooooooooooo cool. was strong we saw and heard it which was fantstic. after so much heart ache and waiting it was the thing that made it real. Add to this I'm losing weight, which i was worried about, but my OB assued me this is a good thing as I have some to spare, so hopefully I'll shrink into my belly.

Still a little have little flutters about the next week and a half, but i'm not worried, (does that make sense?) everything is so diferent this time, I have no doubt at all that everything is going to be great. Annnd DH and I both had a dream about a DD last night. When we explained the dreams they were exactly the same! spooky!?!?!, needless to say our call is that it's a little girl....

for all.

Jen - I couldn't believe it when SaraJane lost her internet and I couldn't find out if she got her BFP, so I managed to stalk her and get her phone number and sms'd her! Lol, are you scared yet? Actually I just happened to know someone who knew her phone number already hehe. I was soooo busting to tell everyone. Although I must admit, I love knowing secrets. I keep them well, but sometimes like to flaunt that I know them! Human nature yeah?
    Your chart is looking fabo! Tested yet? When you gonna do it, When When When?! (Am I impatient much?!)
    As for what happened in Qld with the two kids... it was horrific. 18 month old twins (a boy and a girl) were starved to death. There's a huge discussion over in the news section of BB. Just a warning though, it's pretty upsetting. It had me in tears.
    Here's the BB link

Joey
    - I get called Grandma too! Not because I go to bed early, because I'm a night owl and always go to bed late, but because I don't like to go out much anymore. I used to go out to night clubs up to 4 nights a week (crazy I know!). My DH is a DJ by night. He's like a super hero, corporate world by day, with a secret DJ identity at night, lol. I used to always go along when he's playing because there was always heaps of people I would know there anyway, but I just can't seem to be bothered anymore. I like to go out just every now and then to catch up, and would prefer to do it over dinner or something than in the clubs these days. Either that or stay home and knit...
    In regards to waiting to TTC, my ob told me that he tells people to wait for 2 cycles for 2 reasons. The first is for emotional reasons. He wants the woman to be ready again emotionally (which it sounds like you are). And the second reason was to wait until the uterus had recovered and had built up a nice thick lining again. When I had my post-op check (after my d&c) I told him there was a chance I was pregnant again (unfortunately I wasn't) and he did a scan which showed my uterus lining was nice and thick. So it doesn't always take a long time to get the lining built up again. I guess to be sure you can always request a scan to see what your uterus lining is looking like? I think a think uterus lining is what can increase the chances of a subsequent miscarriage.

Smilanatu
    - Nice to see you again! Bring on your DVD weekend! I guess if you tell people you are having a DVD weekend they might just assume you are having a relaxing weekend curled up wth a few movies

Mollycat
    - I hope you are doing ok honey

Acria
    - My fingers are crossed so hard for you that they hurt a little

plc
    - Your little munchkin is almost at it's 2nd trimester!!!

Mel - Ooops I was posting at the same time as you! Congratulations missy!! I'm so glad your scan went so well!I can't wait to see a little heart beat in my tummy. I think about it alllll day long!

How freaky that you and DH both had a similar dream!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jen805 View Post

Always thinking of our preggie friends: JMG, nickster, Trac, Magda, Katiegirl, ll80, Anthonysmom, mmteacher, seenabeena, Mel, Emmy-Lou, rainbowgirl, plc, AJC, and Canary! Hope you're all doing well, and growing nice, round bellies! jenushka, SaraJane, WTH, and _________ (you know who you are--still going to give you the honor of announcing it!) congrats again on your recent BFP's!!!
    Wow all those name really give me hope ... I was thinking today how worried I'm going to be when I get pg again and how I'm not going wanna tell anybody ... Well the lil ticker I made says's I O'ed today but I didn't get a chance to bd @ all today seeing as me and dh are working two different shift I will try bding 2morrow we are both off work so we will have time do you guys think we still have chance of catching that egg 2morrow if I did O today ???

SaraJane~ Congrats !!!

WTH~ Congrats to you as well !!!

Jen~ Hope get that BFP !!!

And Hi to everyone else and good luck catching that egg !!! Let's get some more

[COLOR="darkorchid"]oooooooohhhhhh - I feel so lucky to have such lovely people to talk to. Thank you, THANK YOU for all of the well wishes and sticky vibes. I am not going anywhere. I feel too comfortable talking to you all on this thread. And BTW, you are the only ones I am going to tell ... for now....

Am going to take this PG one day at a time. I was miserable my whole last pregnancy - so worried something would go wrong. And then it did. I realised afterwards I had not let myself dare to be happy in months. This time I am going to enjoy the pregnancy as long as it is there. Bring on the MS - I want to go green!

Got my full Day 28 bloods back , all is well except absolutely bizzaro Progesterone level of 170.7 (no typo).

Jen - I am still stalking your chart. When are you going to test?

Joey - my ob told me to wait 2 cycles, too. I was not very receptive to this but did follow his advice. He said statistically waiting two has a lower MC rate. I have not been able to find this statistic anywhere. But it is strongly recommended you wait one, so has to ensure you womb is completely empty and that you have a nice new lining.

to everyone. Thanks for being so nice
    Last edited by Where there's hope; June 24th, 2008 at 04:42 PM.

Hey everyone - big big BIG hugs!!

Jen - yeah I'm ok sweet - just counting sleeps to the scan - 7 to go!! after that, all going well, we will announce!! best of luck this cycle sweet!! btw, from one of your last posts I get the impression someone is UTD and holding out. IS THERE SOMETHING SOMEBODY WANTS TO SHARE ? lol!!!!

Krystie - yeah hun - not long to go now - just want everything to be alright at next scan.

WTH & SJ - still just so happy for you both!!!

Mel A - congrats on positive scan sweetheart!!

Toccara - hey sweet - hope u do catch that eggie!!!

Does anyone know how the bleeding from the mc (if you don't need a D&C and the body cleans out naturally) is different from an AF? Does the mc bleeding totally gte rid of the lining and a normal AF only gets rid of most of it? And is that why you have to wait so your lining gets a little thicker each month? If that's not the answer, then how does the lining get a little thicker each month??

Thanks!!

ooooh! i just want to say how happy i am for all you BFP's! thats so great....
    please please please let this be a nice little BFP streak

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast