Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss #3 May '08

Default Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss #3 May '08

Welcome to TTC after Miscarriage or Loss for those of you who have just joined us. We hope your TTC journey is quick and successful. We are sure you will find much loving support from the other women on this challenging journey.

If you have any concerns regarding anything within this thread please email/ PM any of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum (all emails/ PM's are treated equally & confidentially):-

Niliac
    MistyFying and
    Flowerchild

Email addresses can be found here.

Also, don't forget to check out the informative BellyBelly Conception Articles.

You will find the previous thread HERE

Last edited by Inanna; May 19th, 2008 at 08:47 PM.

Let's begin with.....

OMG.....We filled that thread in 4 days! My gosh we can chat!

Id also like to spread some and for this new thread.

Lets hope those lovely bfp's that were announced last thread continue to grow in numbers here..........

GL everyone, Issy

OMG Mel!!!! Congratulations!

I am so happy for all of those lucky ladies who have recently got their bfp's - it will be a bit more stressful for you this time around undoubtedly, but you've all crossed the first bridge... well done

We are just so very very chatty and supportive and wonderfully warm. In my very first post here I said it felt safe and it still does - thank you for giving me somewhere to be excited and depressed and worried and motivated and over it all (sometimes all at once!).

Issy - chocky and wine are compulsory food groups when you are feeling down! I can really relate to when you mentioned that you really wanted to be pregnant again. It was a huge part of the grieving process for me when I m/c - even when I felt crap I loved being pregnant, same also when pg with with ds. Like your first pg it came too easily to me I think and although I was really excited and amazed, I don't think I knew how lucky I was to be pg with such a beautiful, healthy boy. Glad to see though that you are feeling a bit better.

Sara-Jane - welcome .. I hope your stay here in ttcaml is short and sweet. Be very very kind to yourself in these early stages of wrapping your mind around what has happened to you. Big

plc - gl for tomorrow! Can't wait to hear all about the little bean with the good strong heartbeat!

AFM - absolutely nothing to report - just on bloody cycle bloody day bloody 6!!! (*yawn*). roll on this time next week I say and bring on the - least that way something is happening!!!

Everyone else - I am so sorry but I have such a crappy memory... I'm to scared to click back to see what was written in previous thread in case I lose this!! and to you all, and I am looking forward to seeing another 6 this week! C'mon ladies!!

Default Help!

AJC and Mel A- CONGRATULATIONS! I hope that you both have a H&H 9 months ahead.

Thank you to Jen, Smilinatu, Mollycat, Pbstar, AJC, WTH, Vanaithi, mmteacher, AbbeyB, Jenuska, Issy, KrystieLove, Acria, Mel A, plc, LJ, Nickster, Katiegirl, TinaK and Jodsan for your congratulations messages, it was really nice to log in and see them all.

Hi Sarajane. Welcome to this wonderful thread. I hope that your stay here is a short one.

plc and AngelB- Happy B'day for yesterday.

Well, after my BFP on Fri am, it took a while to sink in and I was trying not to let myself get too excited, but it is hard not to think of the next few months. I was really pleased when my bb's were sore on Saturday and I began to feel a bit sick on Sunday. But I woke up this morning and nothing. No sore bb's. I feel a bit dizzy and tired and have mild nausea, but bb tenderness was my strongest symptom last time and the first to go when I m/c. I am going out of my mind and am finding it really hard to concentrate on work today. Does anybody know if bb tenderness varies during the early weeks? I am so scared, I really want this one to be sticky.

Canary - Try not too stress too much sweetness. When I was pregnant my BB's got quite sore to begin with, and then around week 6-7 they stopped being as sore. They were still bigger, but didn't hurt as much. I asked my obstetrician whether that might have been a sign that something was wrong, but he said it wasn't. My angel's placenta was still making all the right hormones and the hormone levels were still increasing, so he said it was unrelated and that it can just vary through the pregnancy. Just remember that bubba's don't like mummy to be stressed so try not to worry too much (as hard as it is!). You're in my thoughts!!

AJC - I think I agree that my angel's DD is the right date to go with. No one was able to tell us when she actually passed away and even though I know I'll be sad on her EDD, I know it would have been a wonderfully happy day for her if she had been able to be born into our arms.

Jenushka - I'm just knew here so I haven't met you before, but I hate the first two week of a cycle too. I actually find it harder than the tww because I feel that there is nothing I can do. At least in the tww I have the happy anticipation that I might have a little bubba in me

Well we've been busy this weekend huh...

Congrats are in order for AJC and Mel A

pbstar and jen...thanks for the hugs! I didn't feel like we caught the eggie this time around so while I am disappointed...I expected it...

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and let's get some more BFPs!!!

AFM...I think I need a blood pressure check I have had a headache everyday for a week and last night continuing today I am weak feeling...faint feeling...and nauseaous...

Canary--I didn't find out I was pg. last time until a week or two after AF was due. All I had in the beginning was a tingly feeling in my armpits. Don't think bb's were really affected until the next week after that. Then they wouldn't stop growing! Then when they did start to hurt, it was my nipples that hurt the worst--even just to accidentally brush against them. I think my bb's got bigger last time than with my first two pg! I think it just varies from woman to woman, and of course, how far along you are... don't worry, love, it's going to be ok! When did you say your first appt. is?

KrystieLove--I think a star is such a beautiful way to remember your angel baby! What a great idea! I believe her due date would be a great date to go with! I hope you find peace in the fact that her light will always shine down upon you, and she will always be watching over you!

plc--Hey baby mama! I'm so excited for you to have your scan today! I've got the butterflies for you! Please fill us in on all the happy details as soon as you can!

issy--I was only 19 when I got pg with my oldest son, and I definitely feel like I took that pg for granted, as well. It was extremely easy to get pg--in fact I was my ex's first kiss, first sex, and I got pg the very first time! It lasted for all of maybe 10 seconds! lol... I can remember the exact song that was playing on the radio, because it fit the situation so well... the chorus kept saying "BOOM! It was over just like that!" I swear that is a true story and a real song! Besides my appendix rupturing, it was a very easy pg--not even any m/s! I pushed him out with 3 pushes, and was only at the hospital for 30 min's before I had him. They didn't even have time to give me an IV. My second pg. was fairly easy, as well. Felt sick ( no vomiting, though) almost the whole time, and could barely eat, so I only gained 24 lbs. with my youngest. It was great! It's the last one that I really feel like I took for granted. As soon as I found out, I kept thinking I must be crazy to be having another one, when I'm stressed out enough with the 4 we already have. Then it was all about the pink! I would tell people all the time that as long as it was a girl, I'd be happy. Of course, I would've been happy if it was a healthy boy, but I've got 2 boys, so really wanted a girl. Then I felt like I complained all the time about everything from being tired, to sore bb's, lack of sleep, not being able to fit into my clothes... so while I was so happy to be pg, with all the complaining it must have seemed more like it was a bother. I mostly felt guilty for wanting a girl so bad--like God took my child because I didn't just appreciate the gift I had been given. I still carry that guilt around... I really have to try hard to keep those thoughts out of my head, or else I'd go crazy with the guilt. Next time around I'm going to cherish every single part of being pregnant--bring on the m/s, I'm ready!

AFM... It's Monday--enough said! Wish it was next Monday because then we'd all have the day off for Memorial Day! Only 12 days of school left! :woot: Before you know it, I'll be counting down the days until the kids go BACK to school! This week will be pretty busy. My first grader is putting on a play tomorrow night, and I've been busy building 2 of the 3 houses (it's called the 3 Piggy Opera) and it's a play off of the 3 little pigs. Got everything finished up on Friday and all set up. Then he has a field trip on Thur. that I'll be chaperoning. Should be fun and hopefully will take my mind off things, at least temporarily!

smilanatu-- As usual we were posting at the same time! lol... You still have that headache? You really should give your doc a call... So has AF left the building yet? How's that pile on your desk? It's Monday... Grrr.... But at least we get next Mon. off! It's good hearing from you, girl, I've been missing you! Hope you have a great day!

Hey Miss jen! I have a little headache and I had one pink smudge Friday and thought AF was here early...she didn't show until yesterday...not bad as usual...very light...no pian involved...just wish she'd leave for about oh...9 months!

Every Monday brings a new pile to my desk...but luckily for me this time the desk was empty prior to this morning...I got it all caught up last week.

Memorial Monday can't arrive soon enough!

Jodsan--Thanks for getting back to me about the irritability at O. Still feeling very irritable today (maybe just b'cuz it's Monday!) and very light cramping--it's so light it's almost not there, but definitely feel a little different. I'm starting to get worried, though, b'cuz I'm CD20 and AF supposedly due in 12 days, so isn't that a really short LP? Or could I have O without knowing it? DF and I covered all our bases--have BD'd 12 times in 11 days, but still feeling a little worried that we somehow missed it.

How's that diet of yours going? Glad to have you back!

Jen- Thank you for your reassuring words. My bb's are now a little bit sore, but that might be from poking them all afternoon to see if they hurt! They could certainly do with a bit of a growth-spurt, as they are quite tiny, so I hope they do what yours did! I was ROFL reading about your first pg! Men, eh! I hope that he goes for longer now!! Please don't blame yourself for wanting a girl in your third preg - it's only natural human instinct, and so is moaning about the side effects of being pgt! You will be a wonderful mum to the next bub to come along- whether you want a boy or girl, or moan about the symptoms or not! Enjoy the piggy opera!

KyrstieLove- Thank you, too, for your words of wisdom. As soon as I read what you wrote, I realised that you are right. Worrying my head off will only make things worse, so I came home and got straight into the bath (not too hot!), with candles, relaxing music and bubbles. I feel better now. I hope that things go OK for your angel's EDD.

Vanaithi- As promised, I have been checking, but sorry!- No papaya poo!

Smilanatu- sorry about your headache, I hope it goes soon. What is memorial day? We have 'spring bank holiday' coming up next monday- it's a whole day off work, just because it's spring! Can't wait!

Hello to everyone else who I have not mentioned. I hope that there are some more BFP's soon, so that we can all leave together and descend upon PAML (when we feel brave enough!)

*wavin* Canary...Memorial Day is is a day of remembrance for those who have died in our nation's service...it usually signifies the "official" beginning of Summer for us in the USA

Hi everyone,

I've been mostly lurking and not posting the last few days because I am still yet to ovulate and have been stressing a bit about it - it is day 16 today and last month I Oed on day 12 Stupid body, no wonder we are have trouble getting pg! I'm getting a bit over these erratic cycles.

Anyway yesterday my clinic gave me a scan to see what is going on and I have a 16mm follicle, so hopefully I will O towards the end of this week I have to get blood done again tomorrow and then probably every day after that until I finally O.

I just wanted to drop in and congratulate AJC, Mel, Emmylou and Canary - that is fabbo news. All the best to you all for a H&H pregnancy!

Hi to everyone else, hope you are all well and all the best to everyone in the TWW, especially those nearing the end!

Good luck everyone,

I hope it's alright if I hang around untill I have my scan. It won't be real untill I see the heart beat and pass the 10 week mark. (D day or M/C day since i'm not at war)

It is odd, I'm more terrified that this one wont hold than I am excited that i got the BFP.

Don't get me wong i still did a dance around the lounge holding the postitive stick. (not recomended by the way, they dribble onto your hand if you hold them up side down)

I'm sure it will sink in soon.

Sorry for no personals, I just needed to realese before I went to work.

snoochie boochies
    Mel

Thankyou everyone for your warm welcome!!!!!!! omg, I don't know if I'm going to be able to keep up!!

Jen- Thankyou for making me feel so welcome and your kind words
    Katiegirl- Thankyou. That's what I thought, if I wasn't ready my body wouldn't let me get pregnant. Thankyou that's the reassurance I needed coz I really want to start TTC but don't want to feel guilty coz I'm doing something wrong.
    Mel A- CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jodsan- Well hello! We are in 2 threads together!!
    mmteacher- Thankyou.
    KrystieLove- I'm glad I found you all too!! Yeah, I'm doing ok now, feeling more positive and just want my body to hurry up and get back to normal so I can TTC again, no idea when I'll ovulate. Sounds like you are feeling more positive too. I think that's a beautiful idea for the star for your angel!!
    Where there's hope- Thankyou!
    plc- Hello! another 6+ months buddy! Good luck today, but I'm sure you don't need it!
    AJC- Thankyou! And congratulations!!!!!!!!!!
    jenushka- Thankyou for those kind words.
    Canary- Thankyou! I hope so too! And CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
    megsmum- I hope you O soon!

Canary - I just saw your question about BBs and symptoms varying. So...I have stressed this whole pregnancy because I have had minimal symptoms, so I asked my Ob (who I adore and respect more than I can explain) and he told me very simply 'symptoms are a very poor indicator of a healthy pregnancy'. So whenever I try to find something wrong or think a symptom is missing, I just try to reassure myself with that line. My last preg, I had sore BBs and this time nothing nada. In fact, this pregnancy if it wasn't so laced with worry and grief, would be classified as a perfect one - as generally I feel great. Shame I can't enjoy it!

So I hope that helps. Just relax. Each pregnancy is different so take it day to day.

Kategirl - Will be thinking of you today. Thanks so much for what you said about symptoms. I had stronger symptoms last pg than I do this pg. You've made me feel so much better about that though.

Canary - I'm hearing you! My bb's haven't been that sore - although they are more plump. So hard not to stress though isn't it. It's funny, if I had the same symptoms as last time I would worry that I'm going to m/c again but now I have different and less symptoms I worry anyway! Sending you lots of and

Mel - lol at you dancing around the house with the pee sticks. I did another one on Sun morn (just because) and I wondered why DH wasn't all that impressed when I went running back into bed holding them in his face. I kind of saw his point a few minutes later though

smilinatu, megsmum & Sarajane - thanks for the congrats. It will be your turn very soon I just KNOW it.

Hugs and babydust to everyone.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast