Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ May 08 #2

Default Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ May 08 #2

Welcome to TTC after Miscarriage or Loss for those of you who have just joined us. We hope your TTC journey is quick and successful. We are sure you will find much loving support from the other women on this challenging journey.

If you have any concerns regarding anything within this thread please email/ PM any of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum (all emails/ PM's are treated equally & confidentially):-

Niliac
    MistyFying and
    Flowerchild

Email addresses can be found here.

Also, don't forget to check out the informative BellyBelly Conception Articles.

The previous thread is here.

Oooooohhhhh, I've never been the first to bless the new page with We need some here girls! :goodluck2: to us all!

Vanaithi-- You mean I can't reach my cervix through my belly button? No wonder why I can't tell how it feels!
    Last edited by jen805; May 15th, 2008 at 11:28 AM.

Jen - by the weekend roof will be on, walls will be covered (on the outside). Kitchen window is now in (yay), they're knocking out the old wall next week and lifing part of the floor in the existing room, still have to wait for plumbers, tilers, electrician and plasterers. The plasterers are the company DH works for but different area.

Maybe that's why you're not pg, your trying the wrong place, it's a bit lower than your belly button. LOL

AJC - i like your symptoms, I've got almost everything crossed for you too, But like Jen, my legs will be busy, I should be O'ing at the weekend (i hope). I'm thinking it could be the tamoxifen that's upset my temps but as long as it works out in the end I don't care.

mollycat--So THAT'S why I'm not pg yet?!?! :woot: to the big O this weekend (both the big O's!) (See, cheeky, I tell you!)

lol Mollycat! Good to hear things are coming together for you

I did have a big psot written up but I timed out and can't remember everything I said. Here's a brief rundown! Yes, I would change my flights also if it coincided with the fertile period. I have to give poor Dh a break today as his 'boy' is sore from being overworked! lol, and Canary, I think you're incredibly patient! If it was me I'd have tested already, and been disappointed with a BFN, due to testing too early

I'll be another one with everything but my legs crossed for you girls this weekend, as it's O time for me then as well. Good luck everyone!

Lisa xx

jen & mollycat - thanks for your support, but - glad you don't have your legs crossed. You ladies make this journey so much more bearable .

I would test if my boobs were a little more tender but they're not.

AJC--Last time I was pg I didn't even know until a week or more after I was late. I didn't feel any symptoms until then either, and when I did it was a tingly sensation that began in my armpits. So don't look into that one too much. Sending you happy, positive vibes!

OMG a new thread already - gee you ladies can chat! Anyway, some time for personals today...

Vanaithai - Hugs to you, it makes it sooo much harder when DH is like that I thought the same about CP, have never felt mine when I've been pg, so not much help I'm afraid!

Lea - Welcome and good luck for your ultrasound on Monday We have recently started seeing an FS and it has been the best thing we have done.

Jenushka - I don't think you are being extreme at all Up until recently my DH had been travelling heaps for his job (he has changed jobs now so not much travel now, much to his digust LOL) and we have moved trips around heaps LOL I even met him in Sydney for a night when he was down there for work so we didn't miss a chance LOL Too bad it didn't work!! Sorry, don't know about the St John's Wort though.

Jen - Good luck for Saturday I know what you mean about the movies LOL Thanks for the hugs!

Canary - oooh, good luck, I hope it's a BFP for you!!

Acria - Good luck for the weekend!

plc - Hope everything is travelling well for you...

Mollycat - Renos sound good, PITA though I guess. We put a deck on our house late last year and were so over it all by the time it was all done. I'm sure it will all be good in the end though.

AJC - That's great about the LP! And the symptoms sound promising too, good luck! I have thought about the B6 too, but the only info I could find was that 100mg a day was all you should take whilst pg, and I am already taking 50mg in the Blackmores Concieve Well Gold and the B6 tabs I bought were 240mg. So I have been too scared too take them! I don't know, have spoken to the clinic today and my FS wants me to do pessaries starting from O day, so hopefully they will help lengthen mine without taking the B6

Hi to everyone else that I have missed!

AFM - Have had my call from the clinic and it looks like I am starting to surge yay! My oestrogen has been a bit slower to rise than last month, so was getting a bit worried. So I am back in to the clinic for another BT tomorrow, so hopefully bloods will see me O on Saturday. Then I have to use progesterone pessaries twice a day during the TWW, and see FS on the 27th. I'm not really looking forward to the pessaries, not to mention the constant getting blood taken out of my arms Crikey I look like a drug user at the moment with all the bruises on my arms! But if that's what I have to do to get another bub, I know it will all be worth it!

Wow a new thread already....

Im for more bfp's to be announced in this new thread...wishing you all loads of GL and Im spreading some around for all of you.

Ok, really have to get some work done now.....im the world worst procrastinator.

all round

Issy

Hi ladies, my name is Krystie and I hope you don't mind me joining you in this thread.

I actually feel a little out of place at the moment and not really sure where to go on these forums. I felt at home in the TTC thread when we were TTC, and then I was ecstatic when I was able to move into the belly buddies thread when we found out we were pregnant. But since the loss of our baby at 8w1d I feel like I don't belong anywhere anymore. I think it's because I feel like I am in limbo until my body gets back to normal and we're able to start TTC again. I thought that I might have been ovulating yesterday because I had some ovulation-like pain, but I've done another home preg test and it's still coming up with a faint positive (it's been 3 weeks today since my D&C) and I've read that I won't ovulate until the hcg level from the pregnancy has gone back down to 0. Does anyone know if that is true? Anyway, it looks like I am still playing the waiting game before we can even try for another precious bundle and I just find it so hard when I just want to cry every time I think about the little baby that we lost and I'll never get to meet.

Sorry that my first post is a bit of a downer.

On a more positive note, I hope you ladies are all healthy and doing well. Good luck to all of you that are about to ovulate, because it seems like quite a few of you are due to ovulate this weekend

Krystielove - Welcome, I'm sorry that you are here but I'm sure you will find much comfort and support in this thread. Sorry I can't help with your hcg question but I just wanted to send you a warm welcome and a . I hope you have your healthy pregnancy & bubba very soon.

hey krystielove - welcome hun also!! my heart aches for ur loss - I'm so sorry hun!! What you said about the hcg level i do think it does need to be 0 or very very close to it (not too sure but trying to remember someone else's post on the subject). I'm sure one of the girls here would be able to help you better. We understand that robbed, cheated feeling of not being able to meet and hold our little angels. Please use this forum to help you with your grief. I hope you learn lots in here as I have done. Take care sweet.

AJC - i don't want to get your hopes up or my hopes up on your behalf but doing some serious praying for you hun!!

issy - .....and i'll pray for ur BFP too right back!!

megsmum - keep strong hun over the next couple of weeks and GL sweet. Yeah all good here. Just keeping an even balance on things at the mo. i have 5 sleeps to go to the u/s but have 3 sleeps to my bday so i prefer to be focussed on that - it helps!

hello all you other lovely lovely ladies - hope ur looking forward to the weekend!!

Default My angel's garden is blooming

I keep forgetting to tell you all. I made a special garden for my second angel bub, I planted a flowering peach (pretty little white clusters of flowers) and then bulbs all around the base, Nerines (like a bright pink lily type thing). The Nerines have started to flower and they look soooo pretty. I must get out early tomorrow and take a picture of them. I was so happy when I saw my angel's garden blooming, it kind of made me at little more at peace with myself and my emotions.

plc - thanks for the . for you too myself, I'm sure you'll see a healthy little bubba on that ultrasound screen.

I know I said I was going to test if no af by Saturday but as Saturday draws closer I'm becoming more scared.

Thank you both for the welcome

AJC - Your angel's garden sounds absolutely beautiful! I would love to plant a little garden too, but we're planning on moving house (hopefully before the years end). I toyed with the idea of a potted plant, but with my amazing ability to kill plants I wasn't sure how I would cope when it inevitably died. So instead I am going to name a star for my little one. I found a place that you can have it done that is not too expensive and they send you a little Russ teddy bear as well. I thought I could keep the bear and certificate with the positive pregnancy tests that I just can't bear to throw out.

plc - I hope all goes well for your upcoming scan. You must be so excited and nervous! I'm sure it will all go perfectly for you Thanks for your thoughts on the hcg issue. I think I might be over-analysing every small twinge and cramp and crossing my fingers that it's because I'm ovulating. Even DH doesn't want to "miss the boat" and is asking me about my temperature, lol. I never thought he would get so excited about TTC as to quiz me about my temperature and mucus! Although, he still doesn't like to say the word "mucus" if he can avoid it

Oh my goodness, this has been a very busy place...I'll catch up on a few-

Jen~As usual you got me to laugh out loud with you hard to be a hero comment-my Dh wanted to know what I was reading!!!

Krystielove and Acria~Welcome to the thread...Hope your stay is short and that you feel very supported-these girls are amazing! Sorry for the loss of your angels..

AJC~I think the garden is a neat idea...would love to see a pic! Hope your metallic taste is still there and is still a sign for you! Tell us when you test!

megsmum~Glad you had a nice trip and sorry you didn't come back with a BFP-at least it looks like things are looking up for you with a big O this weekend-get that party started girl!

Mollycat~GL with O'ing too...Have fun with it!

AFM~Gotta get ready for work...Only 7 more days of school!!!! I am working part time this summer tutoring and am REALLY looking forward to the break-my first year not teaching summer school! Tomorrow is kind of a first milestone for me-Last time I was PG, it was the first day I began bleeding which led to my full m/c 3 days later...So by the end of next week at the 6 week mark, I will be done school and I will be past my dreaded m/c of last time-please keep me in your thoughts! We are still not telling anyone until we hear a HB and that appointment has been moved to June 23rd so I hope I can stay with you guys until then....I am a little scared to move!

Well, have a great day and to everyone I didn't get to-I think of you all often!

MMTeacher

KrystieLove...welcome!

AJC...I got my fingers crossed for you! Sounds very promising!

canary...test already! I am impatiient for you! I gotta agree with jen if you have tests at home and still haven't tested you are the queen!!!

To the rest of the ladies good morning and good day!!!

vibes fro all of us!!!

megsmum--Good luck with your BT. If you O on Sat. that makes 4 of us O'ing on Sat: mollycat, Acria, and us! Good luck to us all! I know what we'll all be doing this weekend! Have fun with it!!

KrystieLove--So very sorry to hear of the loss of your angel baby! Please don't feel out of place--you've come to the perfect place for comfort and support! I had the same questions about hcg levels, and I read that anything below 5 is not pg. I also read the same about not being able to even conceive until levels are down to at least 5. It took 5 blood tests, and 3 weeks for mine to get back to normal, which was really difficult for me because during that time my body still thought I was pg, so I still had signs and symptoms--it was very confusing. On the other hand, I've read of women who's levels were back to 0 on the day they m/c, so it varies from woman to woman. It's so hard to be patient during this time, when all you want is to be pregnant again--like you said, you're in limbo, just waiting for your body to get caught up with your mind. I wish you all the luck in the world, hun, and don't forget we're all here for you!

plc--It's almost your b-day!!! :woot: Can't wait for your u/s!!!

AJC--Good morning, oh patient one! Still thinking Sat. will be the day? for you and sending lots of your way!

mmteacher--Only 7 days of school left? Lucky... my kids get out June 5. But I only have to work for 2 more Monday's! You're in my thoughts today as you get past this milestone from your last pg! Can't wait until you have your u/s done in June! Please make sure you stick around, we love having you here and hearing your great news!

smilanatu--Read from the other thread about your BFN-- so sorry hun! Maybe it's still just a little too early. Don't give up yet!

smilanatu & mmteacher - thank you for the welcome

jen - thank you so much for your message. It's odd feeling out of place, your your welcome along with everyone elses has made me feel much more comfortable! And thanks for the info on hcg levels. I'm still getting faint lines on pg tests, so I think I might see if I can get some bloods done just to find out what the hcg numbers are like at the moment. I think I would just feel a bit more at ease if I knew what my body was doing at the moment. My normal GP is usually pretty busy and books out a few days in advance, but my DH has a "doctor" (in quotes until I see a medical license, lol!) that you can just turn up at without an appointment and I think I'll pop in there tomorrow just to get the form to get a blood test done.

Stupid question time: Does DSD mean step-daughters?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast