... 3456715 ...

thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage/Loss April/May 2009

Jan 2009

mmm sounds yum.

Feb 2009
    Griffith N.S.W

Ok here is my first lot of persies I apologise in advance if I forget anyone.
    Milly - Welcome and I am sorry about the circumstances we meet best of luck with the fertility monitor.
    Mel- Hi i am glad you still pop in to say hello it's awesome encouragement.
    erybery- Congrats about your scan that is fantastic news it's good to have some positivity.
    Sally- Best of luck with the Opk's and acupunture I hope you get the pearl baby you dreamed of..
    Hannah-I hope all is going well pls keep us posted.
    Tutmae- Hi and it's nice to meet you.
    Shortcake- As the other ladies said I hope you go to the Dr for peace of mind let us know how you go.
    Jen-I hope you enjoyed your rum lets hope it's the last for a while .
    Cherished-As Jen mentioned it is a lubricant which is safe to use when tring to ttc and I have read some great reviews so I am going to give it a go this month because anything at this stage is worth a try just google it there is heaps of info on it.
    Boble- Best of luck with the testing I hope you can get some answers that you need I am thinking of you.
    Mrzbaby- I am for you that it is too early to test best of luck.
    Huge apologies if I have forgotten anyone.

ATM yay it's wednesday and it feels like monday I really enjoyed and needed the two days off I am days away from the big O so I am trying to be very positive as I had a great 1st AF and preparing myself incase it's not my month but on a great note my husband is home thursday and friday night so I don't need to stress about missing the DAY it's a huge relief have a nice day everyone.
    Sparkles- I had really bad headaches after my M/C I hope you feel better soon.
    Coco- It seems endless doesn't it and it's like time stops during the waiting period to test for A result then we start all over again lets all pray that it will be a great month so we won' need to do it anymore.
    Last edited by charm; April 29th, 2009 at 03:28 PM.

Jan 2009
    A Pirate Ship

Hi girls.

Reading through the posts over the last couple of days has really depressed me with all this business about pg tickers... I am really disappointed that I don't feel like I belong in this thread anymore It was such a wonderful place for me, supportive and a true lifesaver at a time when I didn't want to hear, think or see another pregnant woman ever again. At the time I didn't even notice that pg woman were even posting in here and the tickers weren't a problem for me either HOWEVER I can totally see where flowerchild is coming from that many woman are probably TOTALLY shattered by them! Since we had a reminder to turn off pg tickers in this thread I have read [email protected]#%*y post after [email protected]#%*y post and it has just reminded me how nasty things can get when woman don't just love and care for one another regardless of all the crap that is going on externally. I was even disappointed to see that cocos post came under attack 'for the using the wrong words' when she was just being honest with her feelings and probably just saying what all those newbies (in particular) feel when they join this thread. What makes me feel even worse is that those 6 or 7 new woman over the last week who are experiencing the worst hell of a time of their lives are probably not feeling comfortable to even read this thread let alone post in it as it is not looking very welcoming but more like a political [email protected]#t storm

Now I think most of you know me well enough to know that I am usually full of positivity love and light so I wont be appologising for using the wrong words here as I have thought long and hard about posting this having felt so terrible about the vibe in here over the last 2 days.

I would like to say again that everyone I have come across in this thread has been wonderful and I hope we can all continue to be supportive for each other and those new girls who really need it most.

Cherished, I m sorry you feel that I was attacking Coco..... its just not something I would do. I was trying to bring peace back to this thread by clarafying a comment that was causing angst. I believe that the posts between Coco and myself managed to clear that up and as you can see by Coco s reply she didnt feel attacked.

I agree totally with you regarding the support in here for each other. It needs to be there on all levels and yes we need to be able to express our opinions but more importantly is that we do so in a manner that is polite and curteous to all members regardless of where they are in their life journey.

I have read many of your posts before and admire your positive outlook and I agree that the general vibe of this thread is not the most pleasant at the moment. This thread for as long as I ve been around (which is just under 2 years......under a different ID) has been the greatest form of support for all women at all stages of their journey. New, Old, PG, TTC.... It has never mattered where they were at. Now there seems to be a division and we need to all put that division behind us. We are all wearing those same pair of shoes.... we all mourn the loss of our angels.... we all hope and pray for that BFP... and then we all hope and pray as we wait out that 40 weeks that this time..... this time we will be blessed.

Lets not be divided ladies...... its tough enough out there were people dont understand what we are going through and what we have had to deal with........ without coming in here and it feeling like it does at the moment. I know everyone s emotions are close to the edge... how can they not be considering our journey so far.... but lets stick together and lets get this thread back to where it always has been...... a place of loving, empathy, thoughtfulness and respectfulness. A place where we are ALL here for one another.

Oct 2008
    Tasmania

I just want to second, third, fourth what everyone has said about Jen - you are the lifeline of this thread and we all love ya!

cherished - I agree with your post but I really don't think angel was attacking coco. Angel chose her words very carefully and described exactly how I felt when I read that post. I for one was very upset and was in tears over it. Everyday I live in fear that I may make it back to this thread, not as a support for you all but as grieving another angel. I personally have never found any post by a pg woman on this thread offensive. They have all been encouraging and inspirational and I am grateful that they stayed around and gave me hope at a time when I really needed it.

Anyway I think enough has been said on the subject so let's all move on! I do intend on staying around to try and give you all support as I know how heartbreaking the journey is that you are going through

Sorry I don't have time for anymore persies, DH's birthday and we are going to his parents for dinner - I don't have to cook - yay!

Oct 2008
    Tasmania

Cherished, I m sorry you feel that I was attacking Coco..... its just not something I would do. I was trying to bring peace back to this thread by clarafying a comment that was causing angst. I believe that the posts between Coco and myself managed to clear that up and as you can see by Coco s reply she didnt feel attacked.

I agree totally with you regarding the support in here for each other. It needs to be there on all levels and yes we need to be able to express our opinions but more importantly is that we do so in a manner that is polite and curteous to all members regardless of where they are in their life journey.

I have read many of your posts before and admire your positive outlook and I agree that the general vibe of this thread is not the most pleasant at the moment. This thread for as long as I ve been around (which is just under 2 years......under a different ID) has been the greatest form of support for all women at all stages of their journey. New, Old, PG, TTC.... It has never mattered where they were at. Now there seems to be a division and we need to all put that division behind us. We are all wearing those same pair of shoes.... we all mourn the loss of our angels.... we all hope and pray for that BFP... and then we all hope and pray as we wait out that 40 weeks that this time..... this time we will be blessed.

Lets not be divided ladies...... its tough enough out there were people dont understand what we are going through and what we have had to deal with........ without coming in here and it feeling like it does at the moment. I know everyone s emotions are close to the edge... how can they not be considering our journey so far.... but lets stick together and lets get this thread back to where it always has been...... a place of loving, empathy, thoughtfulness and respectfulness. A place where we are ALL here for one another.
    Here, here. Beautifully said

Apr 2009
    central coast

Hi laddies
    I'm not sure what to write when i first joined i thought what relief i feel normal that others are going through what i am and i can talk to people who understand and it made me feel better i would like to say at the moment i need this thread it gives me hope please let's just move on to what's important and that is everyone on this thread and their journey to get what we all desire a BFP .
    Me35Dh37
    Ds15Ds13Ds11
    Abbi 20/3/09 19w5d

Jun 2008
    Cardiff Heights

Hope I didnt read that wrongly...Mel I wasnt talking about you coming in here. Were you upset about my post? I was talking about someone who came in just after I had my miscarriage and was going on and on and on about how great her PG was going at about halfway to term. It really really upset me. I mean, like I needed to call my doctor and talk to someone kind of upset.

Im going to just lurk for a while. This should all just stop. We're all here under the same circumstances and the fact that Mods have requested PG tickers not be used in here is understanding and shouldnt have caused this crap. Neither should ppl's agreeing with the mods in a post.

I want to just come in here and have support not feel like a villan or feel like there's tension.

Now...who's ovulating shortly cos I want to know who my buddies will be?

Well I am going to go out on a limb here with a question...in an attempt to change the direction of this thread away from the last few days.......

It relates to your question Coco about who is ovulating at the moment.

Now my question is......... Is it just me... or do some of you have issues with your DH/DF/DP when your Ovulating.

What I mean by that is that I keep close tabs on my cycle as we all do..... and as soon as it comes to the high fertility time and ovulation..... it seems that my DH just ... ummm well he just.... does things that well... puts me out of the BD mood. I mean I get the sign yesterday that Ovulation would be today/tomorrow....... and within a couple of hours... grrrrrrrrrr so instead of its

So... yes Coco I am ovulating but at this rate I wont be in the .............

So i want to hear from everyone..... Let me know if its just me..... or whether its quite normal..... its certainly not my DH with performance issues cause he doenst have a clue when it is..... Its alright... if it is me..... I can cope... really

Now if thats not enough of a question to change the direction and leave the past in the past...... ... well damn...... LOL

Time to move on

Ohhh and another question... nowhere near as out there as the last... but does anyone else keep typing the 'stop spam' words in the title instead of where you are meant to type them.... it gets me EVERYTIME

Jan 2009

lol Angels.. yep, sound like your DH and mine are cut from the same cloth.. i've often thought maybe my emotions are heightened at that time.. am I just a little more on edge or something??.. but he seems to rub me up the wrong way - which makes me NOT want to rub him up the right way There has been a number of times I have said to him, now im angry and don't even want to bd - but I have to because its O time... so lets go.... hmmm, not very romantic

g2g - Dinner is cooking and i have to rescue it before it burns. bbs

Dec 2008
    Melbourne, VIC

Angels ~ I can relate in a similar way....each cycle we have been TTC since our m/c something has gone wrong! This last one DH had a stressful few days with his mum and work (plus banks and settlement on our new house, and DS being sick....)so we missed bd'ing close enough to O. It's not that he's against getting the timing right (or feeling used - he always asks when O is due, even when we agree not to talk about it!!?) but at the moment there are so many other things going on that there seem to be 'interruptions' that can't be forseen...The only thing that can reasonably be predicted is that something will happen!!! But in my new (attempted) 'zen' space I'm trying to let some of it go....

What will be will be....

But in my new (attempted) 'zen' space I'm trying to let some of it go....
    Attempted Zen Space.... well if it works..... I want... I need your step by step Zen Process......LOL

Boble.... ...... hats off to your DH if he can 'perform' after such a romantic ummmm proposal.....

Apr 2009
    central coast

Angels i sort of know what you mean when my DH and i were trying for our daughter i was always fertile on the days we worked and as DH works 12 hr shifts and would get home at 6am and i would have to get up at 7am DH would have to come home and wake me up to BD which is'nt easy to do on cue and we usually would end up in tears laughing as poor DH would try to rise to the occasion with me telling him to hurry up as i had to get ready for work and i always seemed to be fertile on the days we worked but we made up for it on our days off we would relax and enjoy it in the end it worked along with the elevit,vitex,robitussin,maybe baby thermomitor and BBT chart and now we have to do it all again
    Me35Dh37
    Ds15Ds13Ds11
    Abbi 20/3/09 19w5d

Oct 2005
    A Nestle Free Zone... What about YOU?

Sally yes the 21 day test is a blood test. To be accurate it needs to be done 7 days post ovulation.

Meh: I am gluten intolerant so your cake would be welcome in my house! I love gluten free orange cake - it's a favourite with my kids- I usually make muffins out of the recipe - very yummy and it freezes well...

Shortcake - that does sound like very heavy bleeding - you do need to access some medical care at least for an asessment. I know for me - I have lost 6 babies and had 4 D & C's all up - I did bleed quite significantly a few periods down the track. I remember it being very draining. Take some good quality ORGANIC iron supplements - these will give less of a tendency to making you constipated. Always take iron with vitamin c - a glass of orange juice is okay or a Vit C supplement... I hope you are okay...

It is important to move on ladies - it was terribly upsetting for me also to have such a response to enforcing BB guidelines. It makes the site run so much more lovingly and supportively when people just accept that there are rules that help the majority and we are in a position of knowing the whole story not just a little window... Ever heard the story that Edward DeBono tells (he is the famous lateral thinker). Another BB member tells it much better than I but I will attempt... A man looks through a key hole and through it he sees a crowd running and screaming - soon after he sees a man chasing them with a knife. He says "OMG that man is trying to kill those people"... So he opens the door and makes chase. He comes accross the crowd at the bottom of a tree with the man with the knife trying to cut free a boy who was stuck...
    Through his keyhole he saw a nasty horrible event unfolding - he judged harshly that dreadful knife wielding man... But alas the man was the boys saviour...
    Do you get the analogy??? When you only know a piece of the story you can make speedy, unkind and unfair judgements.
    There has to be a certain amount of trust afforded to those in a position of "caretkaer" it has to be trusted that unless time and experience tells you otherwise that person is doing the best for the majority. A bit like when we parent our kids. Being a moderator means we make decisions so that our site runs the most effectively - we protect those that need protecting and we speak out when it needs to happen too. We dont do it for the sake of it - we do it for the greater good. So let's now put this to bed and move on with the important job of loving and supporting each other...

ferrals4 ............elevit,vitex,robitussin,maybe baby thermomitor and BBT chart ........ I think it would be one heck of a list if we all added together everything we have done......to your list I can add IVF, IUI, (giving myself the needles at a football match that i refused to miss) endo ops..... actually i ll leave it at that and see what someone else can add.......

moving forward moving forward... anyone that goes backwards is on cake duty for a month... i was going to say week but hey..... make it a month.....

soooo who can add to our new list

I would still love to hear more about "ovulation" attacks as well.... lets just call them that to make it simple.....

DANG... I forgot that 'stop spam' thing AGAIN

Mar 2009
    Inglewood, WA

Flowerchild - thanks! I didnt realise it was a possibility and I think I might just wait, (she says....!!!!!)

Angel - I havent got that DH problem but I know that tonight will be the ninth night straight and we are both starting to 'feel the drain'!!!

Coco - just o'd, we are very close!!!!

Charm - thanks and that sounds really positive! Yeah!! Glad your AF was normal, apparently if its not you should give your body a little longer which I think I may have died doing... Just waiting for one was bad enough!!

Rhichichi - I guess maybe the positive is your going to the naturopath? I wouldnt lose hope though! Maybe it will be and we can be bellybuddies! (positve thinking, positive thinking!!)

Cherished - Its supposed to be more consistent and mine in general are to high. I kinda of didnt get it, anyway I was do it internally, TMI - BUT maybe inserted further then other days...

AFM - SHould I b'd tonight too? I did a OPK test this morning and it was negative but I still have egg white/(very) slightly cloudy mucas....

sallyk61............Ninth Night straight..... OMG...Bit Drained.... OMG.... that would have to be understatement of the year... I read your post and thought... ohhh ohhhh... 9.....ohhhhh then looked down to see your age and there is like *cough* *cough* 14 years difference in our ages... so I wound the clock back a tad in my head and looked at it again... and still thought ohhhhh 9.....LOL..... You go girlfriend.... your a trouper..... now if you took me back a further 6 years.... back to 20...... and hey... i would have been a contender.......

As for tonight... ohhh what the heck.... go for double didgets... throw tomorrow in for good measure as well

yep you guessed it... I forgot the spam thing AGAIN

Aug 2008
    Adelaide

sally - As long as you have EWCM you should consider yourself fertile. OPKs are positive 24-36 hours before ovulation. Since you had a positive OPK yesterday and a negative today, today could be O day. Goodluck. I hope you catch that egg this month

Sorry everybody, mods could you please edit my post to remove my ticker? I can't seem to do it myself once I've already submitted the post.
    Last edited by Tuesday's Child; April 29th, 2009 at 09:22 PM. : forgot to remove sig

... 3456715 ...