... 8161718

thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage/Loss April/May 2009

Jun 2008
    Cardiff Heights

Exclamation Help!

Hey I really really need an answer to this..or some feedback..

My doctor just said my progesterone levels were at 771

This would have been at 8 or 9DPO.

Sounds odd to me? He said it was good but I am not thinking that he knows alot about this sort of stuff.. !!!!!!!!

UPDATE

oK...My dr whom you all know is an idiot..is...an idiot...

My Estrodyle is 771...not my progesterone...

My Progesterone is 46...is that good?

Anila:

OMG I am so sorry to read that. Im sorry your DH isnt understanding!! Mine was quite vague about the whole thing until a month later then he was all down after visiting our little baby cousin and the toddler cousin and he said he was just upset about the baby. That was the only venting he did about it so I dont have alot of experience there...

You did the right thing talking to him about it and I guess he might just need some time...and...I know this might be a little crass, but do you really think the man will go without sex for long?? Whats to say you can't just dtd and "forget" about ttc but (im not being manipulative here...) kinda keep a lazy eye on your cycle??

I cant belive i just suggested that..but that was my thought..

As long as you both have enough time to get back into it. I mean, grieve it properly and openly and together and understand how you both feel about it and even if its just one more cycle, its better than it blowing up and not happening at all

Not sure if i helped sorry..
    Last edited by coco1411; May 13th, 2009 at 10:16 AM. : Update

Aug 2008
    qld

coco i dont know about progesterone sorry.
    Thanks for the words hun, im just hoping when he feels randy iykwim, he will forget about it all.

Nov 2008

update

we tested last night BFN I sort of expected it as that is the way things have been for the last few months but getting so over it

my husband bottom lip was on the floor all night he is so disappointed again we just wanted this month to work after the ectopic and then waiting for the 3 months waiting period we where all set for a BFP that did not happen

but AF is not due until 15 sort of hoping does not come but I know that is not going to happen

Jun 2008
    Cardiff Heights

Counting days:
    I know how you're feeling. I hate that pain, dont know what else to say hun. I hate saying this, and I hate people saying it to me, but there's always next month

2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.
    Add Sunny Love on Facebook

Apr 2009
    In a place where Love is what we breathe!

Counting days: Im in a similar situation in regards to waiting for a BFP or an RB.
    Coco: Sorry, can't be any help. Have you considered getting another ob/gyno?

Word of the day: WAITING WAITING WAITING WAITING

Oct 2005
    A Nestle Free Zone... What about YOU?

Hi my lovelies. Just a quick lost from hospy on my iPhone. I haven't had surgery yet due to some hiccups related to my antiphospholipid syndrome. Have had a couple of days of cardiac investigations - & will have surgery tonite.
    Milly- asprin is safe in pregnancy in low doses - a large % of women who re currently miscarry are put on "baby asprin" which is about an 100mg dose - much lower than the usual dose for pain relief - this the reference of "baby asprin". I was on asprin for my last pregnancy all g with heparin. I HTH.

Coco mentioned a P4 level at 10dpo of 47. That's ex ellent & confirms ovulation. P4 levels cannot predict pregnancy - that level is fab & I hope you BFP is on it's way!

Sorry this is stilted it's a bit of a challenge posting on the phone. Big hugs my loves.

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Nov 2008

Thanks Flowerchild, I hope things go well for your surgery.

Good luck Coco, Sunny and all of those in the dreaded 2WW.

Counting days - I tested BFN last time, even on the early tests, and it wasn't until AF (or RB) was late until I got the BFP, so perhaps.

I'm not sure what's happening with my cycle -
    I still don't have that HCG zero, it's a 4. But at least no D&C.
    I am 18 days post m/c, and today only just got the first traces of sticky CM, though based on previous cycles (usually 27 or 28 days) I should have well and truly ovulated by now (? a week ago?).
    We are not actively TTC this cycle (as I took the opportunity to get a rubella booster, so are still having to use contraception until 28/5 - not that I've felt much like BD, but that's another story), but really just want to know that my cylcle has gone back to normal - ready for next month.
    I'm still having those "emotional outbursts" - just had a moment on the phone, where I couldn't even complete the sentence "I had a miscarriage" and sounded like a blubbering idiot (I phoned my lecturer to ask for an extension on an essay for uni). I'm having one of THOSE days today.

Nov 2008

another question if you want to start looking into the why are we got getting pregnant saga
    where is the best place to for tests etc, we are off to GP tomorrow but I want to know what I am talking about before hand

i don't want to end up a some pathology place that does not know what they are doing so worse if a sperm analysis is done it has to happen twice

we are in melb city would probably be best does can anyone recommend any places for testing etc, don't know what to do just sick of doing nothing

2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.
    Add Sunny Love on Facebook

Apr 2009
    In a place where Love is what we breathe!

spoke to soon....................cramping , nausea and cm. Here we go again.................

Jun 2008
    Cardiff Heights

!!! Sunny chant with me!!!

Hope she doesnt come sweety xx

Apr 2009
    central coast

Been house hunting all day not long home and i could'nt help but check in.

Anila- men deal with things differently they feel that they have to be the strong ones for us and they don't understand how we feel to loose a baby as we are the one's who carry them so i supose it's easier for them to not really talk about it and they just want to move on we dwell on it and obsess over it when we lost abbi we got to hold her and touch her but my DH couldn't bring himself to hold her it was to painful i didd'nt force the issue and he came around and touched her and kissed her goodbye but would not hold her it took him a while to talk about her now she is in our conversations almost every day and we see it like we are TTC a baby sis or bro for the boys and abbi give your hubby time dont pressure him but also mention the longer you wait the older you get the higher the risks he might think about it.

Counting days- Don't count your chickens before they hatch it might be a bit early still i got a BFN the day before AF due then a BFP the next day and with my boys i got a BFP 5 days before AF was due so

Flowerchild-hope you are feeling better soon.

Milly- thanks the TWW is the longessssstttttttt ever!!!!!
    Those emotional outbursts creep up on you dont they it is normal and i supose they will get few and far between mine only happen about once a week now not once an hour.

Sunny09-i'm praying AF dos'nt come for you.

Last edited by ferrals5; May 13th, 2009 at 06:28 PM.

Jun 2007
    Australia

hi coCo - i think your number sounds fantastic , with my last pregnancy my progesterone was 49 at 12 DPO then 64 at 14 DPO which was above average With my daughter it was 90 at 5 weeks. i guess it depends on your hcg lelevs also but a high progesterone is a good sign as that is what sustains the pregnancy
    wishing you luc
    Good lcuk Sunny lets hope those cramsp etc are a GOOD sign xo

Good luck ferrals, the TWW is long isnt it lol
    xoxo

Sorry for BFN counting days

Jun 2007
    Australia

COCO -i just had a look at my last pregnancy print out and it says the normal range for progesterone in the first trimester of pregnancy is between 30-100 ( australian info)
    im not sure whats its like when your not pregnant
    ok i found this info
    Progesterone levels vary considerably from cycle to cycle and woman to woman, both non-pregnant and pregnant. So the levels can only be averages and they change with the timing of the cycle. In general, the midluteal (middle of the second half of the cycle) progesterone in a non-pregnant patient is 8 to 10, but can be as high as 20 ng/ml. In a pregnancy cycle, it should be greater than 10 to 12 ng/ml to have a better chance of a good pregnancy outcome, but in general, we like to see 16 or over.

Everyone you ask will have slightly different numbers. Also there are differences as to what to do if the levels are low, with some docs giving progesterone (pills, shots, suppositories) and others not treating unless there has been some proof of a preexisting low progesterone in non-pregnancy cycles

when i was bleeding i got my hcg levels checked and my progesterone had dropped to 18 and then i miscarried a little after
    So think positive its looking goos hun xo

Nov 2008

chickens have hatched
    off to GP tomorrow to find out what is going on if anything

Aug 2008
    qld

Thanks ferrals
    Havent said anything to him tonight an will just see how things go.

Good luck Flowerchild, hope it all goes well for you.

Nov 2004
    Chasing Daylight...

New thread time everyone. Here you go.

... 8161718