Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss - August 2006 #2

Oh Keen, so sorry AF reared her ugly head again, I will be praying so hard for ya next cycle!!!

Jayne, What's going on lovely???? I just tuned in to see you have had some spotting, try not to worry too much as it is probably nothing and that little bean will not grow strong with you stressing out, in turn i know it's easy for me to say don't stress as i would be the same! PM me if you need me and i will check in tomorrow to see how you go, Oh and yes Hayleigh loves the top you sent her, it looks really cute on her thankyou!!

Big Hi's to everyone else!

Oh Jayne - I have everything crossed that things are all good for you. I can afford to have everything crossed at the moment - still a week to go to O Please let us know you are OK after the Dr's tomorrow. And thank you for the prayers. Every little bit helps in this very frustrating progress (and thank you too Beccy - keep talking to those higher entities).

Well, I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend!

Mine was certainly interesting! Our little nieces were very good, but the younger one, who is four, developed an ear ache at 11.30 last night. So I raced over to friends who live two doors down to get kiddie panadol, which fortunately did the trick! She was fine today, but I was knackered after being up with her for about an hour, and then I couldn't get back to sleep because I was worried that she'd start crying again and I'd miss it! In practice already for motherhood!

Kellie, I don't think you are an awful friend at all! I have a friend who is two weeks further along than I would have been, and I keep thinking that I'd better be pg before she has her bub or I won't cope at all! Of course, I will be okay, but it will just make a hard time even harder IYKWIM? I feel awful for saying that, but I guess I'm just trying to let you know that it's normal to feel that way (just don't share it with your friends!). And we are all here to help you when you need it.

Sarah I think you would be great at being the sids contact. I've only been chatting to you for a short time, but you have been so kind and wonderfully sympathetic to my situation. Of course I haven't been through anything so traumatic as losing a child I had lived with and loved, but I think you would be helpful to any family who are grieving. I'm sure it is a daunting prospect, but it would be a lovely thing to be able to help people who are in such need. And I think you will do wonderfully well! BTW do sids have anything that can help you out in the meantime ie booklets and the like?

Jayne, I'm sure everything is fine with your little bubba. I know it's pointless telling you not to stress, but do try to relax a little. Please let us know how you go. Thinking of you.

Keen, I know I already posted elsewhere, but I just wanted to say again for you.

Big hi to everyone else, and have a great Monday(!!!!)

Kelly and Jane, I also feel easily last time (first go) so feel like there is huge pressure on me to fall so easily again, everyone keeps asking me, it's driving me crazy.

Sorry for AF Keen..... stupid witch that she is.

As for testing, I started testing 11dpo and will keep going until either AF or BFP.. hopefully the latter

Miss Kitten Guest

Default Trying to Concieve After M/C or Loss - August '06 - TAKE 2!

Hi everyone ,

I hope you don't mind but I started a new thread b/c the other was locked. I've been away for the w/e so I can't remember what everyone what everyone was up to in the other so I'm not starting with any personals...I know, I'm slack...what can I say...lol

Well, I'm up to cycle day 5 and AF has almost stopped. So, if my last cycle (after m/c) was 35, I'm kind of hoping that this cycle will be between 31 and 35 so I should ovulate around day 20 don't you think? I know the FF will tell me when I put in the info but I'm just a touch impatient. ...I can't help it.

It's aonly brief from me tonight b/c I want to go and snuggle with my man on the lounge before we go to bed to start the vicious work cycle again...I hate Mondays!...but then I'll be going to Melbourne on the w/e coming for hubby's cousins wedding...so I'm going to do some serious shopping down there. Haven't had a chance to get hubby to wax the ol' legs for me...I think I might have to do it during the week....ha ha ha...should be fun.

Hope you have all had a fabulous w/e and have a great day tomorrow.

Much love & hugs,

Kate x.

Hello Again,

Thanks so much everyone!

Jayne - I hope all is ok and I can't imagine what you're going through. My prayers are with you, I'm sure it's nothing to worry about but keep us posted. I'll be thinking of you and as everyone else has said, try not to worry too much (although I'm sure that will be difficult).

Sez - sounds like you're getting some good practice in and I'm wishing you all the very best for a BFP this month - we need someone to move on out of here so I can keep up!!

Michelle - I so hope you're starting to feel better - bloody flu, it's EVERYWHERE at the moment and it really does get you down. Good on you for taking the day off. Take care!

Beccy - I haven't really had the chance to chat with you but hope all is going well and I certainly hope that some of us will be joining you in the PAML thread very soon!!

Kristy - Best of luck with the testing - I've got my fingers and toes crossed for you, we sooooooo need a BFP in this place to raise the spirits!

Keen - How are you going honey? I so thought it was going to happen for you, bloody af. Hang in there an please let us know how you're going?

Lisa - How's all the vodka going?? Sounds like your naturopath is great. I hope the herbs aren't too bad and that this is your month!!

Kate - Hope you enjoyed the weekend and hope work isn't as bad this week!! Sounds like sooo much fun and I understand what you're going through, some of the older ladies that I work with get a little *****y sometimes - so much talking behind everyone's back, it's crazy!

I'm sorry if I forgot anyone and wish everyone all the very best. We need some BFP's in here to give us all some hope!!

As for me - I'm feeling a little down again. We just caught up with some friends that are in town for the week - they now live overseas - and they're pg. They're baby is due at the end of December and whilst it was great to see them and I'm so happy that they're pg - it was pretty hard. I would have been due on December 8, so I couldn't help but sit there and stare at her little pot belly, thinking that I would have been a few weeks ahead of them! I don't think they know that we lost a baby and I hope they didn't notice that I wasn't quite myself or think that I've turned all weird. Might have to try and explain it to them when I see them next time so they understand why I'm not quite myself - it's just so hard to tell someone that's happily pg that I lost a baby!! Why is it all just so hard and why do these things have to happen. Life's just not fair and I'm sick of it. I've had my fair share of crap to deal with already.

Wow, it does feel a bit better to get it out there. I guess I'm just having one of those days (well, one of those weekends really). I just can't seem to cheer myself up and poor DH is having to deal with one moody wife (I'm not used to being moody either, so it's really strange). Thanks so much for listening and sorry for the long rambling post! Take care everyone.

Awww Kelly. It does make it hard to catch up with friends who are pregnant when you have experienced a loss. Have a vent with us. We understand and don't think you are moody at all (although our DH's may disagree )

ugh, I hate this TWW thing, it's driving me crazy.

Temps keep going down, but I'm getting more symptoms. I've got cramping, but it's not AF cramping, and I'm exhausted etc etc etc but I can't get a positive on my tests (13 dpo today) .... Stupid body!

Hi Girls

Keen I am soooo sorry AF is visiting... AGAIN!! Urgh!!

Michelle, I hope that nasty flu is gone soon! It seems to be lingering a bit to long.

Jayne, I hope the spotting is nothing to worry about. It still is a worrying thing when you can't see what is going on in there...

Kell... When is AF due? I hope she stays away!!

Kristy... fingers crossed for a BFP!! GL!

Well, we have all been busy, we have a Japanese visitor and we have been trying to keep her enertained all week end! We went to Barmah on Sat, saw some Emus, roos and koalas. Also went to the Darnya Cantre, it is an Aboriginal centre. Yesterday We took her to Echuca, did all the usual touristy things... so we were all exhausted!!

I am 6DPO... and keeping busy is helping heaps!! Nothing else to report

Tanya

goldilocks Guest

Good morning everyone!

I don't know how on earth I'm going to manage to reply to everyone, but here goes...

Keen, huge huge hugs to you, honey :hugs: Your chart was looking so great this cycle. Have you thought about seeing a naturopath/acupuncturist/etc? It might be worth investigating. Thinking of you, sweets!

Kirsty, fingers crossed that you get a BFP instead of AF at the end of your TWW. And YAY for having a long LP this cycle too! That's great news, honey.

Shan, how are you going, sweetie?

Shell, I hope that your sore bb's is a good sign! Wouldn't it be wonderful to get a BFP when you're not officially trying!!

Sarah, keeping everything crossed that your caught the egg this cycle! How sweet of your dad to book you U2 tickets for November. I wouldn't be too worried about flying and going to a concert at around 14w...how many women on BB go to concerts at 30w plus! LOL Just go and enjoy yourself, honey.

Sez, your brother definitely has a cool job. The Cat Empire are great...he must be a talented muso if he's played with them! I understand it must be frustrating for you waiting until this cycle is over before TTC. But it's not too much longer to wait, honey! Just a few more weeks to go! I too am worried that it will take longer to conceive this time. But I'm trying to just take it a cycle at a time...and giving it everything that I've got during EVERY cycle! LOL I know I'll probably be a nervous wreck when I do eventually fall pg again. But I tell you what, I'm determined to enjoy every single minute of it. I will never complain about m/s or exhaustion or enormous bb's again. And I won't be afraid of telling people I'm pg before 12w. Every pg is a miracle and should be celebrated! I won't be holding back next time!!!

Kelly, I'm sorry you've had a rough couple of days. I hope you're feeling more positive now. It must have been hard seeing your pg friend, especially when she's due around the time of your EDD. Don't worry sweetie, you will have a beautiful pg belly in no time at all.

Michelle, sorry about the nasty side effects of the Clomid. I'm sure it'll all be worth it when you announce a BFP soon! I hope that pesky flu leaves you very soon...mine is still hanging around too.

Jayne, good luck with your bt today....hopefully you can get a scan to put your mind at ease too. I'm sure everything will be just fine with your little bean. I won't tell you not to stress (it's impossible to tell a pg woman not to stress!) but I just want you to know that I'm thinking of you, sweetie.

Tanya, it's great you've been keeping busy during the TWW...I hope the rest of it just flies by for you! When are you going to test??

As for me, we had a fabulous time on the Gold Coast. The weather was stunning, 26 degrees both days and nothing but sunshine! I feel really refreshed...it's amazing what a mini holiday can do for your mind and soul AF has now officially left the building so I'm just waiting to O. My OPK's arrived last week so I'm going to start using them today. Ooooh, I'm soooooooooooo excited about TTC again! BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Love & babydust
    Belle
    -xxxooo-

Morning petals...

Wow things are sure busy in here!

What is going with Jayne, I read that she had some spotting? Jayne honey, im sure its nothing to worry about it, and it can happen in the first tri. Stay positive my sweets. My prayers are with you and your little one.

Michelle - hope you start feeling better soon, so you can really get in on all the bd action during O time. You are right, we are overdue, we need to clear this thread asap! We can only hope that our prayers are answered soon.

Sarah - you will be a perfect candidate for Sids N Kids, you are such a compassionate, level headed and wonderful person and you really let people talk through their emotions and you can empathise aswell, (for eg, the lovely words for Sez). Im sure you will really be able to help some families through their tough times. So have you decided about your trip to Syd? I have a feeling that you will be pg by then!! And thank you for thinking im going to be a wonderful mummy - that made my day

Keen - awww hun, I am so sorry. What do we have to do around here to get a bfp?? Im praying that you get yours soon sweety.

Kelly - totally understand where you are coming from. About 3 months after my surgery to remove my pg and my right tube we had dinner with friends who announced their pg - well i was very happy for them, but on the way home I was throwing up on the side of the freeway because I couldnt handle all those emotions, I cried for 2 days after that. So your feelings are totally normal, and feel free to vent all you like here.

Sez - glad to hear your having a better day so where are you in the tww? Ohhh sweety, I hope you bfp this cycle!

Belle - how was your weekend you lucky girl?

Kate - how are you travelling? Where are you at with your cycle?

Kristy - hope you managed to catch that eggy, and you will be announcing that bfp very shortly. And dont you hate it when people constantly ask questions?? Grrrr...

Tanya - hope that your little eggy trapped the male spermy this month and you will be announcing your pg in 6 days time!

Well I hope thats everyone covered, so sorry if ive left anyone out - but there are soooo many in here I cant keep up!

Yes girls, I do have a renewed enthusiams for ttc since seeing this woman. I just know that I will be pg by the end of this year! Well the herbs taste like....:eek: lets just say they are not very pleasant, the vodka makes it a little better. But you must take the vodka/herb tonic at night (it knocks you out a little) just before bed. Then I have special herbs in capsule form which I take in the morning and at night, and these are to help make my eggs 'slippery', so that they glide down the tube and meet the sperm in the uterus. I also have to rub hormone cream into my wrists for 15 days per cycle. Dh has to take on set of herbs in capsule form in the mornings, and then the tonic at night. He is very excited about all of this and really keen to take all the herbs, and he keeps reminding me to take mine!

Im going to see her again on Wed for accupuncture (and no it doesnt hurt at all) and then I have to go and have a session of hypnotherapy (because ive had one loss - she wants me to get rid of all emotional stress I might be keeping inside).

For anyone who wants to know more or the details (she is in CBD Melbourne), you can pm me if you like. Or I will add my private email to my profile so you can email me too if you like.

Hope you all have a great day..
    Lisa

Hi Everyone,

Just realised that I'm on CD27 (although I still don't know what my normal cycle is after the d&c back in May). I'm guessing af should arrive on by the weekend but before the m/c my cycle was more like 33-35 days, so it could be into next week. I really don't want to test but I don't know how I'll cope - what should I do??

I'm trying not to think about it all too much as I don't want to get my hopes up and then have af arrive. It's terrible!! I'm starting to feel a little crampy today, so I'm not hopefull but I did feel really nauseous last night, so who the hell knows. No other symptoms yet though - keep hoping for sore bbs and keep asking DH if they look any bigger - but nothing yet! I'm just starting to feel very much like af is arriving, so it's not good! And I have to remember that I had to go away for work right around the time I should have O'd, so I can't expect too much! I guess you always think 'what if'.

I'm not very religious but will keep praying for a BFP - this is going to be the longest week in history!!!!!!!!!

Kel xxx

Miss Kitten Guest

Hi all...

I've been so busy here in the office that I haven't yet had a chance to chat to you guys today! Things have died down a little but I'm still taking note of things going on...b/c I got warned and will get a mark on my employment record...NOT HAPPY JAN...especially since I have been accused of doing something that I KNOW I haven't done...anyway...karma is all I have to say...

Belle - you luck thing going to the gold coast for the w/e. What a nice break. We'll be going to Melbourne for a wedding next w/e and although we won't be anywhere near ov date, I'm hoping that the 'mini-holiday vibes' hang around for a while...lol

Kelly - I understand what you mean about being a bit apprehensive regarding testing. If it were up to me, I would test b/c I would want to know either way. I thought my cycle would be 31 days after this m/c b/c that's what it was after last years. So when it got to day 32 and still no sign of AF I tested and although I was nervous about it, I did it and got a negative. I wasn't convinced so the next day I did another and I kept doing them up until AF arrived - which was day 36. Good luck darls, and if I can be of any help let me know.

Lisa - good luck with the herbs, I hope it works. I love accupuncture (I've had it for my bad back before) and it doesn't hurt, I got a warm fuzzy feeling and it left me feeling really relaxed. I've got my fingers crossed for you and hoping that it all goes well.

Keen - I'm hoping that everything is alright with you. Big hugs coming your way.

Geez, I haven't even got half way through...I have to split - my manager has just come out and wants some urgent work done...*groan*

For those that I have missed, I'm really sorry, but I'm thinking of you all and hoping that we all get our BFP's VERY SOON!

Lots of love,

Kate x.

Hey Ladies,

Shell - I'm glad that Hayleigh likes her top. Not long until you're going to meet me in the PAML forum! Time is ticking down very quickly on your ticker!!!

Kelly - You are really NAUGHTY! I nearly had a stroke of excitement earlier when I logged onto the PAML forum and saw you were the last poster! I couldn't get my pc to move fast enough because I thought you were posting in there because you had got a BFP!!!! You shouldn't go exciting me like that you know!!! LOL.

Lisa - Are you the same girl I knew last week? You're sooooo diff now and it's wonderful. I love your renewed sense of excitement about becoming a mummy. It's wonderful and it's so nice to hear how excited DH is about taking his herbs & vodka shot! I'm so looking forward to following you on this journey.

Michelle - Glad to hear that you're heaps better sweety. Just in time for O time that is coming up very soon too!

Belle - Glad to hear you & DH had a great time away. Bring on O time I say!!!!

Sez - LOL at not sleeping in case you didn't hear the little munchkin wake up! That's classic. If Jessica is having a bad night, I do the same, I get so exhausted I think I won't hear her, but trust me you do! I reckon I hear her sometimes before she's even awake!

Me - Well I called the m/w and spoke to her and she said they have a full booking of antenatal appt's today so she'd get me into a doctor so I could be guaranteed not to wait for the u/s machine. Luckily my Dr had an opening but not until 4:30pm. So at least I see MY doctor and get a scan done too. I'm just not sure if I need a full bladder or not? I have told Jessica we're seeing the 'Doc Doc' as she calls him and now she keeps on asking to go because he gives her lollies. I had to tell her she had to go to bed first and then see the Doc Doc. That's the only reason she's gone to sleep! LOL. I'll let you all know how I go when I get back.

Love Jayne

Damn I hate the fact that you are so many hours behind Jayne!!!!!! Good luck at the appointment and I'll log back in later to see how you went. xx

Hello Lovely Ladies!!!

Jayne, I will be patiently waiting to hear from you soon!

Lisa, good on your DH for taking his herbs, It proves how much he wants to be a daddy, i think its lovely!!

Belle, So glad you enjoyed your trip to the gold coast, we are off up there in November and can't wait, especially taking Hayleigh to all the theme parks, i love those places im a big kid at heart, also happy to hear that AF has left and your BD'g fest is about to begin, hopefully you will catch the eggy and your stay here will be short & sweet!

Tanya, How is your mum doing now? hope she is going ok! You sound busy with you japanese guest!!!

Michelle, Hope the side effects wear off soon and they don't hassle you too much more, but hey it will be all worth it when your announcing you BFP very soonly!

Big Hello's to everyone, I do read everyone's posts but just forget everyone by the time i get to the end, you know what its like!!!

Well i must say my (.)(.) are like lead balloons, at the gym today they were really sore, im still not getting my hopes up though, im only (i think, going by cm) 11DPO, but i will test tomorrow as its DH's birthday and by some flucky chance its a BFP, i will wrap it up and give it to him as a suprise!!!!!

Be back a little later to check on Miss Jayne!!

Shell - You crack me up woman. Giving DH a plastic stick with your pee on it for his birthday! LOL. I'm really laughing out loud to myself!!! I'm really hoping it's just what he wanted for his birthday! WTG on the lead boobies! They're always pleasant! NOT! I'm really hoping it's your turn sweet stuff.

Michelle - I'm sorry Petal, I can't help being in Perth. I'll let you know AS SOOON as I get home.

I'm mega peeved at the doppler place, I don't see a doppler delivery van anywhere in sight!!!!!!!!!!!! They told me AM on Monday, not freaking Tuesday like the way it's looking!

Hi All, I just did this huge post and was just signing off when Lucy came and turned the computer off GRRRR although its not her fault, she just thinks its a light switch (hence why all our outlets have those plastic things in them) and i even have a box in front of it filled with computer paper!

Anyway i will try and think back to what i wrote...

Thanks to everyone about the comments and encouragment for me doing Sids and Kids, its a very daunting prospect but i want to help someone out of my experiences with Katelyn's life. For those who dont know SNK's offers councelling for people who lose babies from conception onwards. I had contact with a lady after Katelyn was born and we have become good friends, i hope that i could help someone that much!

Michelle, I hope that you are on the mend and starting to feel better, the clomid sideffects certaintly didnt help you in that regard, i dont know anything about it but i very much hope that it works and this cycle is your cycle! Of course you should feel normal about holding your Caitlyn...my Katelyn is next to where i sleep on my bedside table and i honestly dont know how i could have ever coped with her passing without at least being able to pick her up, give her a cuddle and a kiss and talk to her. At least that way i feel that she can hear me and part of her is still with me. Some people might find this weird but i am a big beliver in doing whatever you have to do to get through the day!

Keen, I am so sorry i too had high hopes for you this cycle, i wish i could do something to help you get that BFP as you really deserve it, i really hope that this upcoming month brings you all that you desire.

Kristy, How are you doing? How is the testing going? I really hope that tomorrow morning you wake up to TWO lines staring back at you! GL and sending you lots of baby dust!

Kelly, You brave thing managing to get through a meal with friends that are due when you were and not having a meltdown (i know that i wouldnt have made it through) especially not telling them about your loss. It must have been very difficult for you and i am sending you a big hug. I also understand what you had to say about friends ttc and worrying about them conceiving before you do....You should already be quite pregnant with your baby and to start TTC and someone getting in there before you is a stab in the back. I had two people have babies a month before Lucy was born (my nephew who was an accident and not really wanted and a close friend) and it was a extremely difficutl time for me going to visit them in hospital etc i didnt deal with it very well but i got through it. I also hear you on the long week, why does the TWW have to go on for so long???At least when you are waiting to O you are thinking it could be anytime now but the TWW is the worst. GL i hope the week goes fast for you and ends in that BFP!

Jayne, How are you feeling? I am really glad that you are going to the doc doc (love that by the way lol) I think that everything is going to be AOK but i want you to be reassured that your baby is in there growing away and you can relax and enjoy the next couple of weeks. Let us know how you go.

Sez, you didnt say much about yourself in your post, are you ok? Are you back at work now? Yes Sids and Kids do provide lots of booklets about losing a baby and TTC again but they are aimed at parents not the contacts...which is why i am hanging out for the course in March. Thanks for your kind words.

Kate, You asked if you will O on about day 20, i would say you are pretty much spot on with your calculations within a day or so because i have a 34/35 day cycle and i O'd on CD 20 or 21. GL with this cycle, are you using OPK's or just charting (just that you mentioned that you will use FF) Im not using either just hoping!

Tanya, 6DPO, when will you start testing? How is your tww wait going? GL and i hope you see those precious two lines really soon!

Belle, Its great to hear you sounding so positive about TTC and excited about OPK's I really hope that this cycle brings all that you hope for! I am still undecided about the concert, i was going to go and then i had a look in my what to expect while you expecting and it says that all pregnant women should avoid loud music and rock concerts...on the internet it says that it could be linked to hearing problems and low birth weight in newborns (i would love someone to correct me here if you know different)...i know i am probably being a bit woosy but because i went to Fleetwood Mac when i was 14 weeks pregnant with Katelyn and then we lost her if i went pregnant (around that 14 week time) i think it would be too much of a reminder, and as for the flying......Like i said i know i am probably going to miss out unnesesarily but i just feel more comfortable not going but what a bummer, now how to break the news to my dad, he can give my ticket away to my aunty who lives in Sydney (which he and her are both fine with) but what do i say without giving the game away lol???

Lisa, Its so great to see you sounding so positive and eager to TTC this month, it just has to be your month with all that yucky stuff and positive vibes floating around lol, i am interested in the hypnotherapy, let me know how you go. I feel awful about what you went through to make you throw up on the side of the road, that is awful i wish that nobody ever had to feel that pain.

Kirsty, Amy and all those i have unintentionally forgotten, how are you all doing?

Shell, You posted at the same time as me but i really hope that your (.)(.)'s are a great sign, you go girl in the morning and i really hope you get that great positive stick to give your man!

As for me, why does the tww have to take so bloody long???? It is worse than waiting to O because that could happen anytime but with the TWW its such an emotional time - i wish it was over and i would know either way, and you know what the worst bit is i still have over a week to go and its only my first month of trying lol.

Love Sarah xx

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast