Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ July 08 #4

Default Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ July 08 #4

Welcome to TTC after Loss or Miscarriage for those of you who have just joined us. We hope your TTC journey is quick and successful. We are sure you will find much loving support from the other women on this challenging journey.

If you have any concerns regarding anything within this thread please email/ PM any of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum (all emails/ PM's are treated equally & confidentially):-

Niliac
    MistyFying and
    Flowerchild

Their email addresses can be found here.

You may also like to consider taking a look at the comprehensive and informative BellyBelly Conception Articles which may help you in your journey.

You will find the previous thread here.

Yeah!! I'm first!!

Toccara - Thanks. Me too!!

Easha - Thanks. I think your chart looks fine, and the pain accompanied with the temp drop on 5DPO (or what you think is 6 or 7DPO) could very well be implantation. Fingers crossed it is, and look forward to seeing your BFP post in a week or so!!

Vanaithi - Hope you get to BD as often as you like, and look forward to your BFP soon.

Molly - Can't you turn her away at the door?

AFM - DH has just gone to bed and said to tell you girls that I spend more time with you than him! Ohhhh.

Saw BF today, and she can see the super dooper faint line, so that's good that it's not my imagination. Will POAS in the morning and fingers, toes, eyes and ears crossed that the line will be darker PLEASE Here's some emails she sent me tonight ...

Email 1:

hey, GOOD NEWS! i just remembered this:

Implantation dip

did it happen on ur last preg cycle? it's not a definate either way. it's just another symptoms to align.

let me know wot happens tommorow AM POAS

On my last cycle I had a dip at 9DPO (9DPO according to FF) and that went below the cover line! Woo Hoo! It's not the end!! Can't wait to POAS tomorrow. But if it was implantation dip, I shouldn't have had that feint line yesterday morning should I??

Email 2:
    here's this too:

Dip below coverline

i remember fretting before taking my temp each morning. and then if it was low, did it mean a miscarriage that i just had to wait out? and i am very BAD at waiting. but then i knew that stress can cause miscarriage too. so i TRIED not to get stressed/anxious too. IT'S ALL SO DAMN HARD ISNT IT!!!

OK - So no stressing for me. Back on the positive wagon!

Email 3:
    oh, and (last time! i'm too spaced out at the moment to think of everything at once!) abdo pain/twinges could be implantation as well. so really just have to wait and see with POAS in next few days to know either way

That's cause this morning about 4 am and again at about 7am just before I got out of bed, I felt kind of crampy, but not painful, kinda just AF coming.

SO, AF didn't rear her ugly head and I am goin to POAS and it is going to be a BFP in the morning, and if it's not a BFP that's cause I only implanted today so I'll wait a couple of days, and then I will get my BFP. NO more BFN's allowed on this thread.

So excited!!!! But must go to bed now, or DH will think I have married you all!!

Take care girly wirlys.

I'm reading posts and will be back for personals in just a few--is anyone still awake out there??? Lots of and lotsa :goodluck2: for the new thread!!

Gooooood moooorning!! Going to jump right in first off and say that I got my coverline this morning! :woot: And guess what? FF gave me a "high" score on intercourse timing!! Double :woot: Last month was only a "good" score, this is the first "high" score I've gotten--I WIN!! Wish I could've gotten one more in on the actual day of O, but I got the 4 days leading up to O, so I'm

DF going for his first solo skydive today--isn't there a panicking smilie that's ripping it's hair out, or something? (just imagine one here! ) His last 2 dives were tandem, so he was with an instructor--this one is SOLO! At least it's free--he helped retrieve a wayward chute from a tree, so gets a couple free jumps (gee, thanks skydiving guys ). When DF's g-ma found out he was jumping solo, she asked him if he increased his life insurance policy! (She didn't mean it rudely, though!) That doesn't help in calming my nerves, though! Then tonight DSD's are leaving for their half of summer in Vegas, and oldest DS will be with his g-parent's for a few weeks, so we're down to 1 kid! Talk about vacation--I just got home last night from one vacation, and the next one starts tonight! With 4 kids my house has been a disaster zone for the last month 1/2!! Ok, I know this was a "me" post, but I used 5 smilies in just the first paragraph, so thought I'd finish up with me, and then start a new post with fresh smilies. We need more July BFP's girls! (hint, hint, joey!)
    Last edited by jen805; July 14th, 2008 at 12:41 AM. Reason: typo

Ok, part two....just don't let me forget that I have to wake DF in 1/2 hour to get ready for his jump! Maybe I could conveniently "forget"!

joey--I'm your hpt stick whispererer is right! I just wish I didn't have to wait so damn long to find out! This time difference is killing me! Hoping and praying you have a great, BFP b-day on Thursday!

tina--Congrats on your darker line--that means you're the first BFP of July! And just in time... whew! I'm SO happy for you!!!

AJC--Yay, there's a pic in your sig now! Will you also put it in the photo gallery? I just can't get a good look at the pic, and would like to add you to my "favorites"!! I get really excited when I get to see who I've been chatting with over the last several months!! Thanks about the poem! My only problem now is that I have a song stuck in my head... Oh mama mia, here I go again--my, my, how can I resist you? It's sure to be stuck in my head ALL day long!! lol...

Toccara--Sorry to hear AF is being so mean--she's such a witch! Good luck with the new job search!

Easha-- it's implantation!!!

Van--Thanks for your positive perspective regarding my chart! Did you see--FF gave me a HIGH chance of conceiving!! :woot: Good luck with O this month--fingers are crossed for your BFP!!

mollycat--If AF is knocking, just tell her "nobody's home!" I'm praying your temp stays nice and high!

Krystie--Sure do miss hearing from you! So sorry again about AF I know how tough it is, especially when you really think it's going to be your time! Big hon--we'll help you through it!

As we were leaving g-ma's yesterday I stepped on a bee stinger--I don't know where the bee was, but I only got the stinger. Anyhow, it was literally just as we were getting in the truck to leave. I've never been allergic to bees, but within 5 min. my hands started itching, and everything started swelling up. Even my lips and face got swollen--my tongue was the worst, though--I could barely speak! Thought we were going to have to make a stop to the ER for a shot or something, but it started subsiding, and by the time we got home my tongue was almost back to normal. It was just really weird to have never had an allergic reaction before, and then all of a sudden you're thinking your throat is going to close up on you! Now just my big toe on my left foot is swollen, so that's a relief! What is it with crazy birds and bees lately? I've heard all about the birds and the bees, but this isn't what I was expecting!

Successful skydive!!! I'm so relieved! Yay!!
    Last edited by jen805; July 14th, 2008 at 04:49 AM. Reason: one last thing...

Bad news girls - AF just wouldn't listen so i'm definitely out this month - bring on the April babies. Maybe I could have my own birthday present, missed out by two days with DS1.

Krystie and Tocorra - how about we share some lovely cyber "yummies" together. I vote for a lovely chocolate cake with lots of something alcoholic.

Angel - we need some positives around here.

Are you awake yet Joey - waiting to hear this mornings results. Tina will get lonely if she's the only one this month

Jen - Hopefully you got stung by two bees this month, and the other takes a while to swell up LOL, hope your foot is better, they really hurt. Great news about the coverline and the "high" report card. Did DF have a good time skydiving, don't think I could jump out of a perfectly good plane Enjoy your next "holiday". My lot will be home today from their camping trip, so my quiet house will be back to normal with the boys arguing over nothing. The day care kids will be here too, so it will be quite a busy place when they get home. It's been so quiet all weekend, i've just done very little. Had so much I wanted to do and touched none of it.

New thread deserves

Hi girls,

Back to work this morning so haven't even had time to read the other posts. Will do that at lunch if I have time.

Just wanted to let you know that I woke at 2.45am and had to pee. Didn't know whether to wait till morning to POAS or do it then, so I figured I had passed the half way sleep mark, so I did it then. VERY VERY VERY faint 2nd line, but a little darker that 2 days ago. Will test again in another 2 days, and hope it gets darker!!!

hey girls

have been away for the weekend so still trying to catch up

big congrats to tina, am so happy for you hun,

and joey am so happy for you too, that line keeps getting darker

AFM- af showed up yesterday morning. the upside is that made it exactly a 28 day cycle! last cycle was 38-39 and before that around 31-33 days. my herbalist told me she is aiming for a 28 day one so am surprised it happened within a few weeks of seeing her, i've never had 28 days before ever.

the downside is that this means i will not be pregnant before my EDD. i have had a few tears but so far i am still holding it all together.

hope everyone is well

Hi Ladies,

Big congrats to Tina and (maybe???) Joey ! the lines get darker for you both!

pbstar - Wow, our cycles are so similar its scary! I usually have a 33 - 35 day cycle, which I was not happy with at all. But this cycle....as of this morning....I am a proud owner of a nice 28 day cycle....after 3 years of trying to get one....its finally here!!!!! AF turned up this morning, after I had dreamt about her arrival all night, I knew she would be there in the morning! But I have to say I am so happy that after all this time I have finally got a normal 28 day cycle. I feel like a new woman. I got up early, went for an hour power walk on the beach and came home to a healthy breakfast of yogurt and fresh strawberries and my morning omega supplement! This is the first day of my new healthy life. I have decided I dont care about getting pregnant anymore, if it happens it happens and Im happy with that. I have a busy year ahead of me anyway, and to tell you the truth, having a baby would make that all very difficult! I just need to finish what I am so close to finishing and then get on with my life! My eggs can wait a year, but my uni course cant....so thats now my priority!

Ill still be around, and pop in time to time, but I wont be actively ttc anymore. GL to all of you and thankyou so much for all your support this year, you have been my cyber angels! This is not a goodbye, just a thankyou!

to all, Issy!

joey and tina, that those lines get darker n darker!!

Oh my! This place fills up FAST!
    So, personals....
    Molly, pbstar and all the other ladies that af has reared her ugly head for: I'm sending out loads of cyber chocolate a daiquiris (sp?). She just can't take a hint, can she.

Joey: Is it just me or is that a LOVELY temp rise you had this am? Two can stalk!! I'm so excited for you! YAY!
    I took the videos off our site as live video recordings are pretty average unless you can manage to patch into the sound system and yada yada yada embarrassing. Supported Missy Higgins last year (also, embarrassing). Was surprised we got it seeing as we sound nothing like her style of music and we swear FAR too much. And we're not big fans. But it was good experience.

Issy: Sad to see you go, hon! But it's so important you do what's right for you- so that's wonderful! Don't be a stranger, though!!

Jen: If we still had some tees I'd ship one over, however I don't know where they are. Sigh. I'll let you know if we get some though.

AFM: Think I ate some bad chicken last night as my stomach is all crampy and I almost vomited last night. DH thinks he's getting the flu too, which is no good seeing as I'm gearing up for my coverline (heehee, I'm learning the lingo). Went through and had a look at my old charts today and remembered that halfway through my especially long af (56 days) I had some spotting/light bleeding just for one day, entered that into FF and bingo bango, I suddenly have what appears to be relatively normal cycle lengths (with exception of the 17 day one I just had). The average is 30 days, which sounds much better that 47 or whatever it was before.

Jen: hope you remembered to go drop DF off!! How did he go? Hope all was ok and he came back in one piece
    Oh, and hope your feeling better after that bee sting too

Krystie
    : how are you doing honey? Hope that AF is not getting you too downWere here if you need to vent ....

Molly:
    so sorry that AF has arrived. I am really hoping that your little one is just waiting to give you a nice birthday present, and you will be pg next month

Joey: my confidence is increasing in you joining me for the July BFP club babe!!!!! Bring on darker lines!!!! Mine is still really light too ?. Bought some more sticks, so im peeing again tomorrow?it better be a good strong line!!!!!!!

Pbstar: so sorry that AF showed up, but?.big congrats on a 28 day cycle! Yay!

Issy: wow, your new healthy life sounds wonderful! Sounds like your really looking after yourself?I wish it would rub off on me! I don?t do anywhere near enough exercise, and eat way too much junk food?gotta really cut down, but its so much yummier than the healthy stuff!!!
    Well, good luck for when you are ready to start TTC again, and in the mean time, enjoy finishing that degree! You know what they say, it happens when you least expect it..yada yada yada!!!! Please don?t be a stranger, pop in and let us know how you re doing ?.

As for me
    ...well, ive suddenly gone blank as to what I need to do! Do I have to see a GP? Make appointments for OB/hospital? Is it too soon? Aaah! Im feeling really lost! Ok, breathe....first things first...BT...then ill go from there I think!
    Not really feeling many symptoms, although I did wanna throw up this morning when I woke up, and im REALLY tired! Thats good right?
    Last edited by tina_k; July 14th, 2008 at 01:14 PM. Reason: spelling

mollycat--What a witch! Good luck with this next cycle, it brings you a happy b-day present! FF told me that if I conceive this month, my EDD will be April 2--bring on the April babies!

joey--I'm so hard for you for that darker line! Great temp spike this morning!

pbstar--Sorry about AF-- however, on the flip side, I'm really happy for you and your 28 day cycle! Sorry about not beating your EDD that's my current goal as well, to be pg by Sept. 5.

issy--You sound like a new woman! You've pretty much always maintained a positive attitude, but your new healthy lifestyle and uni goals are truly inspiring! I'm really, really proud of you! Glad to hear it wasn't a goodbye, I was a little worried at first! "whew!"

tutmae--Hope you and DH feel better soon! It's always worse when you're both sick, because then neither one of you can spoil and take care of the other one! Your chart is filling in nicely!

tina--In through your nose, out through your mouth... You'll be fine, first things first, just give your doc a call and get some BT done! Sounds like m/s starting already! DF had a great skydive, and yes, made it back in one piece--thanks for asking! He's itching to go again! He's going to give me early gray hair!

Krystie--I'm thinking of you, hun, and hoping you're ok... Please remember we're here for you! Big

tina, those symptoms are lookin great!! m/s already and that bein tired always thing are sure positiv signs

KL, were here for u n i hope ur ok....

Hi girls, thank you all so very much for your well wishes and cyber hugs. It really does mean a lot. Not sure why it's really hit DH and I hard this month, but it's really upset us both. We were sure that last cycle was "the one" and never imagined it would take this long to get pregnant. I thought maybe I would take after my mum who was able to fall pregnant just from "looking at it" as she likes to put it. In fact, 3 of her 4 pregnancy's were conceived on some form of conception. She fell pregnant with me on the pill, had an IUD inplanted with my sister, and my first brother was a condom-baby. The only planned pregnancy was her fourth which turned out to be twins! Actually it was originally triplets, but one miscarried early in the pregnancy. I guess I was just a little niave to think that it would be that easy for me.

So I'm going to continue to wallow and eat junk today (including the copious amount of muffin mixture that made it into my mouth before it made it into the muffin tray...) and tomorrow we'll start afresh and start churning out the positive vibes. A negative attitude isn't going to get me a baby!

We've decided that we're going to bd around the time of my lunar cycle this month too. Not sure if I really believe in it, but anything that might potentially give me 2 chances of conceiving in a cycle is worth a shot!

Now if I can just get rid of this witch AF. This is actually the worst AF I can ever remember having EVER. Killer cramps and really heavy and (TMI WARNING) clotty. Must be a uterus spring cleaning in the middle of winter!

Sorry about the ME ME ME post, but I decided to take Tina up on the offer to vent. So really, if you have to blame someone... blame Tina

Jen - Congrats on your coverline!!! And well done on your high schore. I always wondered if there was anything better than good, as that is all I have ever received. Well done, and congratulations on winning the comp. Have you told DH that you won??

How did DH go on his skydiving? My DH and I have been skydiving once. We went tandem of course! I bought it for him for his 30th birthday, 4 years ago, and of course, I went with him. It was awesome!! Such a rush!

What are you planning to do while your kids are away? No need for BDing now!!

That's scary about the bee sting. It may be handy to keep some antihistamines with you. You know, like for hayfever and stuff like that? Might help a little if it happens again. May also be an idea to go to the Dr and get tested and see what he recommends if it happens again.

Birds and the bees!!

Glad to hear DH's parachute opened.

Mollycat - Sorry to hear the wicked witch has arrived. Glad to hear that you did nothing on the weekend. I think sometimes we get caught up in all the stuff we're supposed to be doing and forget to have some 'quiet time' for ourselves. Good for you.

Pbstar - Thanks. I too hope that it's really really dark in 2 days time when I test again.

Dam AF. What's going on with her? How can she possibly be in so many places at once??! It's good that you're on a 28 day cycle. Like the others say, "if she's going to turn up, better early than late".

Glad that you're being strong. Although often I feel better after I have a big bawl.

Issy - Thanks!! Hey, don't be a stranger!! I hope all goes well with uni, and you get your little bubba just as soon as you are ready. Are you just not TTC or are you being super careful so you don't conceive?

Teen - Thanks!!

Tutmae - Thanks for your stalking. I liked the look of it too. I was talking to the thermometer as it was in my mouth, "keep going, keep going"

Good to hear that your chart was able to be split in two. Did you actually split it on FF? I'm pretty sure you can do that.

Tina - I really hope that you lines continue to get darker, and mine too. The first one was sooooo faint, the next one, two days later only a little darker. Thought after 2 days it would have darkened up a bit more than that. Perhaps it had something to do with the fact that I did it in the middle of the night??

KL - So sorry you're feeling $hity hun. Get into that muffin mix!! Didn't someone say you can get rid of AF earlier by pushing it out? Worth a try!! May be a spring clean is just what your next eggy needs??? Take care hun.. Thinking of you

AFM - Really sore BB's today YAY!! And I had heartburn SLIGHTLY just before I went to bed last night YAY!! Won't test in the morning, will wait till Wednesday morning to do another one, and hoping for a really FAT positive by then. I think that will be 14DPO then. First day back at school was $hit. Spent all day in a useless course, and ended up spending from 8am - 5.30pm at school with no real lunch break - just eating on the go. It sucked. But I was thinking that I had a little bubba in my tum all day long, so that made the hours go by a little quicker.

Chart stalking time...

Easha - Temps are looking good still!!

Jen - You too. And congrats on your cover line!!

Vanaithi - Why don't you have a coverline??

Tina - YAY YAY

Me - Keep up there temp!!

Sweet dreams girls. Chat again tomorrow night.

You girls are the best!

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast