Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ June 08

Just a quick "me" post before I change and run off to work. I just got home from my ob apt. He didn't get cranky that we didn't wait to TTC for 2 cycles, lol. He wasn't going to do a scan because he said we wouldn't be able to see even a gestational sac yet, but when I told him about the slight ovary pain I'd been having he decided to do an internal exam to check for cysts. It was all clear He could see some follicles but no cycts and it didn't even hurt when he was pushing the probe on my ovary. Oh, and he also said that lining on my uterus was nice and thick! YAY! He didn't mention seeing a corpus luteum, but I think he was saying that it would be too small. He obviously doesn't think that there is no chance I am preg because he sent me for a hcg bt, and even gave me a second form to have another done next week if it comes back positive. If it's positive and the hcg level goes up he said he might have me back in two weeks for a scan (because I'm paranoid hehehe).

Fingers mega-crossed!!

Hello ladies

bettyboop: sorry about your cancelled appt. hope you get another soon

jen: my preseed did come yesterday & dh & i got a chance to try it out yesterday. we like it! i used the whole thing cos i thought there'd be no way to save it & i reckon the more the better for the little guys to swim around in! im hoping maybe i o'd late or o'd again! 2 eggs! anyways i think the preseed is good, there was hardly any of them dripping out afterwards & even today! i soooo wish i had some of this stuff earlier! good luck for you this month! you're going to be able to try them out soon! you'll catch that egg for sure! i also bought a sperm test. which i will try out soon too...

toccara: how long ago did u have ur mc? you should start temping to see the temp drop on o day.. its really helpful! but yeah maybe whenever you see any cm you should bd! just in case! good luck!

:goodluck2:

Hey Jen, my predicted fertile days on FF are 8,9,10 of June and then 11 is my predicted O day. So really..it's come up fairly quickly. I have quite a shiort cycle though, usually 26 or 27 days. So I'm going to assume O could hapen on the 11th or 12th.

Lisa xx

Toccara--Will this be your first cycle after m/c? Symptom-wise it sounds like you could've O, but it's hard to say for sure without knowing when your last cycle ended. Did you ever have a hcg test done to make sure all the hormone is out of your system? If the hormone is still present from the pg, then it could trick your body into thinking it's still pg. It took about 5-6 weeks for my levels to get back down, and I could swear that I was still pg! Then again, some women's levels are back down to 0 when they actually m/c, so it's hard to say since it's different for everyone. Have you gone on Fertility Friend and made up a chart? I think it definitely helps you be more aware of what's going on in your cycle, and it also gives you something to do to pass the time--and it's kinda fun! I just started temping, as well, because your chart will be more accurate than it would be if you were going by symptoms alone, ie: cervical mucous, position, etc... I tried that way for 2 months, but my cycle's been different every month since the m/c, so instead of being confused about what's going on inside my body, I'm trying the temping to see if that helps make my cycle more predictable. Just a thought, but maybe you could give that a try--it will at least help pass the time! Good luck!

Sorry, that last post was on a different page, and I didn't want to lose that whole post, so now I'll continue on....

Krystie-- Yay for thick uterus lining and no cysts! Praying for some nice high numbers on your hcg test, when will you get the results? Will you have to wait until Monday for that? Hope you have a nice weekend!

Vanaithi--Hope the preseed worked it's wonders! I've heard a lot of positive stories that came from using preseed, so it works for us! I still have a little time before I can use mine, but I'm looking forward to checking it out!

Acria--So you only have one day that shows O? My fertile days are the same as yours, but it shows possible O from the 11th-15th! Maybe because I've never charted before, so it's never even shown an actual O day for me! Even when I had the watery CM 2 months ago, it changed my fertile days to green, but never actually changed colors and showed that I O'ed. Hopefully time will continue to fly by and we'll be POAS before we even know it!

Hi smilanatu--It's finally Friday! Hope you enjoy your weekend! My summer begins today since school's finally out! I even got to sleep in until 7:10, which is late for me, although I did wake up and take my temp at 5:55! Yay, I now have two dots on my chart!

Abbey--I read in the TWW thread that you may be leaving us at the end of this cycle! Praying you're surprised with a BFP, so we can hold you hostage here with us for a bit longer!

Hi to tempus and tutmae--Haven't heard from you two in a while. Hope all is well with you both!

jenushka--Hope you're enjoying your time with DS! We sure miss hearing from you! Hoping that next time we do, it's a BFP announcement!

megsmum--Hope AF has left the building! Here's to a fresh start that ends with a BFP!

Sending belly rubs and out to Canary, AJC, plc, rainbowgirl, Emmy-Lou, Mel, seenabeena, mmteacher, nickster, Anthonysmom, ll80, Katiegirl, Magda, Trac, and JMG!

Showering the others with bettyboop, tina k, Jodsan, pbstar, mollycat, issy, karan, Angel babies, WTH, SaraJane (poor girl lost her internet, but still thought of no less!), Antheia, Cierasmummy, Leyza, Hussibug, LizJessie, Mazibelle, Natty, and treelo.

Vanaithi - glad you are enjoying the PreSeed.!

PLC - hope you are feeling better. A friend of mine is almost 8 months and she has caught everything possible going round this pregnancy (she already as a DS). Hope you enjoyed the movie.

KrystieLove - sounds soooooooo promising! Your ob sounds really nice.

Jodsan
    - so impressed with your application of this lunar business. I looked up my chart and the fertile days were past O. So we may do some extra BD. How does doing it twice bring on spontaneous O? Very interested!!

BettyBoop - sorry about your appointment. That type of thing drives me crazy, especially with short notice.

Jen - with the BBT - I have developed a silly habit of waking at 4.30 every morning. Dh hates it because of the "beeping" at such and ungodly hour. Then I rewake after 6. I use the 4.30 temp on my chart because you are mean't to have 3 (or is it 4) consecutive hours sleep for it to be your resting BBT. Your 4.15 temp would be more accurate than the 6am one because you did not get back to sleep. On the PreSeed - it was me who recommended the cough syrup syringe. Though now that I am using it again I can see what you mean. Maybe cut a hole in the other end and use the syringe each time. Glad wrap the original applicator. Sterilize the syringe in boiling water. For me, if there is some left over, it is nice to apply the left overs to DH for a treat. Sorry if this has sounded too intimate

AFM - sporadic bleeding on day 8/9 has well and truly left. I have narrowed it down to weird hormones or maybe endo on my RH ovary and will probably investigative surgery next month. Still not understanding whether follicles should be present in both ovaries on Day 9 and would still value anyone's input? But we are TTC this month anyways. DH has a mild flu, so it is just wham bam thankyou mam, rather than a smoochy love-fest. But very greatful for his efforts.

Have a great weekend everyone

I'm at work but had to sneak on to let out my frustration and fear...

My temp went down a bit this morning!! And my chart is looking more like one of my non-preg cycles. I'm trying not to read too much into it, but I think AF is going to come before I get the bt results back (have to wait until Tuesday because of monday being a public holiday). FF says AF is due tomorrow

Sorry about the downer post. I'll pop back later today, hopefully a bit cheerier.

krystielove; your temps are still sitting higher that your pre O tmps, so its not over yet!

DH and i have been chanting the mantra "this months our month, this months our month"!
    lets hope it works!

Hey where there's hope - Apparently you have a better chance at Oing on your lunar time if you are having lots of sex, so we went for it

Kristielove - I agree with Tina, you may have just been a little colder or something. It's never over til AF comes!

Thanks Tina and Jodsan. I know I shouldn't loose heart yet. I'm still feeling a little down, but I'm going to hold onto a little hope, and I think my temp tomorrow morning will tell me what I need to know.

And Jodsan, I hope you managed to spontaneously ovulate! 2 chances are better than one

Vanaithi - I'm so glad that the preseed went well for you! I also peeked at your chart again, but I'm not sure what's going on for you. Sorry

Jen - The silly public holiday means I get a day off work (yay!), but also means I have to wait until Tuesday for the test results. I think I'll probably know one way or the other before the test results come back. I'll still keep my fingers a little crossed.

WTH
    - I'm been seeing Dr Pregs Pillay and he's been really fantastic. Even when I was crying after we found out we lost our angel, he was just so understanding but at the same time talked to me about the situation.
    I'm glad your bleeding has stopped. I'm still not sure about the follicle thing either... My ob said he could see follicles on my left ovary where I ovulated from, but didn't mention much about my right ovary other than to say they both looked nice and healthy. Not sure if that means there were no follicales on the right though, or if he just didn't mention them.

Toccara
    - I agree with everything Jen said. It's really hard to know if you've ovulated unless you have bloods/ultrasound done (I think) or if you are temping. I find temping really enjoyable as I get to know my body more and because I feel like I am doing something productive towards conceiving. I can always feel when I ovulate, but I know a lot of ladies can't. If you are still TTC, I would probably suggest to continue bd'ing every couple of days until you are sure that you have ovulated. Good luck!!

Hi ladies,

Just dropping in to say and let you all know that I am now on my third of five days of taking Clomid. As yet I have had no side effects I am so pleased. AF has left and everything is going well at this stage this cycle, into the clinic on Wed for BT and scan to see how things are progressing.

Will be back in the next day or so for persies, hope you are all well and enjoying the weekend!

The extension is finally finished. YAY. The shower screen was installed yesterday. Now the rest of the reno is up to us. Time for that cyber house warming party - break out the cyber drinks, PLC you can have as much as you want and it won't hurt a bit.

I'm having a very quiet day today, DH and DS's have gone camping for the night, they'll be back tomorrow and then we are all going up to our friends house at the Bay, (near the beach) for the night, we'll be staying with our friend and his three sons (his wife is in Sydney for the weekend), so should be very noisy but lots of fun. I've spent the day doing lots of retail therapy.

Megsmum - that's great that you have no side effects this time, hope that clomid works for you.
    KrystieLove - hope your temps go back up for you, maybe you were just a little colder this morning.
    Tina K - THIS IS YOUR MONTH - I'll just help you with your mantra
    WTH - All the best this month, hope DH feels better soon
    Jen - your chart looks great, lol, looking forward to seeing lots more dots and in a few days there will be a red cross as well.

Hi Jen,

Yeh. OH and i have decided that if i dont fall PG this month that we will stop trying for 6 months or so. Its hard for me because i want this sooooo bad but then i can also see where he is coming from. Sex is just not fun anymore even though we've only be "officially trying" for 3 months *sigh* He wants me to go back on the pill but i think i know enough to avoid pregnancy without contraception. God how cruel does that make me sound?

im ing so so hard to get a bfp but we'll see. I've got 3 - 4 days til testing now and im not having any kind of symptoms apart from wanting to pee more than usual. But im not having any usual AF symptoms either so who knows..

So sorry this has been a "me" post but i just need to get it off my chest. Why does this have to be so hard to do.... I want to cry......

would it be too early to test??
    Last edited by Abbey B; June 7th, 2008 at 07:49 PM.

Hello lovely ladies!

DS and I are back safe and sound from our trip to Syd - had a great time. We spent the whole time catching up with friends and family and even better, had almost no chance at all to even think ttc thoughts. I was surprised to see when I logged in to ff that I only have 5 days till testing - eek! Can now heartily recommend a trip interstate as a good antidote to the 2ww terrors!! Took the thermo along so i could temp, but didn't take it out of the case once. be interesting to see what's going on tomorrow morning...

Shall do my best now with a few persies but there have been so many posts that I only had a chance to speed read them...

jen - hello!! Glad to hear you got your preseed and let me know how you divided it into 2 "portions" (if you do use it in 2 doses). Thanks for saying you missed my posts ... awwww. Was logged into bb within 15 min of walking in the door, so guess that means I missed you guys too!

Vanaithi - did you end up planning anything for the long w/end? hoping that all of your efforts result in a lovely bfp this cycle

bettyboop- sorry to hear your appt was cancelled - do you know when it will be rescheduled to?

jodsan - well done for timing the bd with your lunar return, and how cool that you had signs that back that up.... I have my fingers crossed for you also

toccara - they sound like they could be o signs...

krystielove - your ob sounds excellent - half your luck to find one that is so encouraging and supportive. Sounds very lucky for your ob to be called "Pregs"! sorry to hear witchface af may be on her way, particularly after bt's etc. Big and I hope your temp was just inaccurate for some reason

wth - lol at the early temp taking beeping! ikwym - even though I'm awake that early... I hope your poor dh recovers from his flu soon but glad to hear he is still assisting with the process (lol!)

megsmum - great to hear that the clomid has been treating you kindly so far

mollycat - sounds like you will have a great weekend. I'm very jealous of the retail therapy!

abbey - Wow... big decision you and dh have made, but sounds like a lot of thought has been put into it. Here's hoping that you get a nice well-timed bfp in a few days. Big

My eyes are almost closed, think I'd better go to bed even tho its early! Hello to the new ladies - I'm sorry to hear of your losses, but as the others have said this place will look after you.

We need some , its been ages. Maybe bfp's in here are like buses - you wait ages for one to come along and then 3 arrive at once!!!

and to all...

WTH-- I don't have to worry about the beeping waking up DF because he wears earplugs to sleep every night! Maybe you should get a pair for your DH! Glad the sporadic bleeding stopped, fingers crossed it stays that way! So is your habit of waking up early only to test, or do you just habitually wake up early? I've noticed that ever since I got pregnant last time, my sleep pattern is completely jacked up. It's never gone back to normal, I wake up early every day!

Krystie--Sorry about your frustration with your temp drop. I agree with tina and Jodsan, though, that your temps are still higher than pre O--so there's still a chance, don't give up just yet! I had a weird temp drop this morning, as well, but I haven't charted enough to know if it's something common that just happens, or if it actually signifies something. I have to say, what are the odds of having a doc with the name of Pregs? It must be a sign! Try to enjoy your extra day off despite your anxiety over your test results. Too bad you couldn't have gotten the test done a day or two earlier than your appt, so you wouldn't have to get through the extra day! Sending big your way!! Got everything crossed that temps stay high!

tina--I like your mantra! I'll keep it going for you--this is your month, this is your month!!

megsmum--Glad to hear the clomid isn't giving you any adverse side effects! Good luck with your BT on Wed. Fingers crossed you end this cycle with a BFP!

mollycat-- Woo hoo, done with the reno! I know you still have some work to do, but at least you have your house back to yourself without all the different workers coming in and out all day long. Hope you enjoyed your quiet day without DH and DS's--I'm not sure I would know what to do with myself if I had the whole day to myself! Retail therapy is always a great thing--I think shopping is the only thing I'm good at! Ooohh, I want to come to your cyber housewarming party! I'll bring the daquiri's!

Hi Abbey! I know it's hard not to get discouraged with the passing of each month. I was just telling DF last night that I can't believe that last summer we were telling everyone that we were trying to get pg again, and here it is the next summer, and we're still trying! I never imagined it would take so long! It's a tough decision to put things on hold for a while--although I don't know that you should get back on the pill since it may make you stop O. Besides that, when you decide to begin TTC again, it will take even longer for your body to get the pill out of your system. But obviously it's a personal decision that only you can make, you know what's right for you--whatever you decide I've got your back! Maybe you can liven things up with a kinky movie and some toys! I'm back up on my soap box preaching and promoting for the adult film industry again! It really does work, though! I must make myself sound like a complete horn-dog!

jenushka--Glad you're back safe and sound, and you enjoyed your trip! I can see how traveling would be a good deterrent to the TWW woes! I'll be going camping for 5 nights in less than 2 weeks, and it will be during my TWW, so hopefully it will keep my thoughts at bay, as well! Bringing a laptop with me so that I don't miss you all too much--I gotta keep up with my girls! Besides, it's been a while since we've seen a BFP, so surely we're due for some good news in this thread, and I don't want to miss it! You know you're addicted when you sign a 2 year agreement just to have internet access on a camping trip!

AFM... Was wondering if anyone had any input on my temp drop so soon after AF? It's weird because usually after AF your CM is supposed to be fairly dry, right? Mine has been pretty watery ever since, and I've had some mild cramping that's somewhat similar to AF or O. But AF has only been gone for 3 days, and my supposed fertile days don't start until tomorrow. I couldn't possibly be O so soon after AF, right? Is it common to have a temp drop like that for no reason? Also was wondering if it matters whether chart is viewed in F or Celcius? Mine was in F, but noticed that most everyone else's is in Celcius, so I changed it. Besides, the temp drop doesn't look quite as drastic when it's viewed in C! Thanks ladies for any input!

Hope you all continue to have a nice weekend!

Hello ladies..

Jen, WTH, Krystielove: preseed made it more enjoyable thats for sure!

Jenushka: dh & i went with our sisters & cousins to a vegetarian dinner & then some bowling last night so it was not a wasted weekend! today we're going back to the vegie restaurant again to have dinner with my parents & his mum & just our family as a bon voyage dinner to his mum.. did you do anything fun this weekend?

Krystielove: my charts really weird.. hopefully your drop is just nothing & you have a BFP this cycle!!!

Jen: im not much help on charting! seeing i have no idea on mine but i hope any other ladies can help! but i think that's prob normal.? having cm after af is normal too i think... you prob wont o that soon after af though.

afm: my temp's still low: 36.45 again this morning. its not looking promising ladies . now i dont think i o'd at all cos its not showing up on my chart as my temps are so low. i've ordered a digital therm but now im getting frustrated that i'll prob stop charting until around the time of o day! or stop until a week after i get af & then stop charting until after the o dip...

Hello everyone

just a "me" post today - we're heading off to the bay soon.
    Just got a message from my client who was due last week her baby arrived this morning, a little girl, I actually feel quite happy for her, just a little sad for us, knowing that we should have had a little playmate for this baby in the next few weeks. Can't wait to see her, but I think I'll wait until she brings her little boy in on Wed. I don't feel up to going into the hospital to visit.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekends.

Megsmum - I'm so glad that you haven't had any nasty side-effects from the clomid. Hopefully your bt and scan go really well and you are on the right track for the coveted bfp

Mollycat
    - Yay for the extension! It must be such a relief to finally not have people coming in and out of your house all the time. Your quiet day sounds like it would have been great. And I'm sure your DH and DS's would have had a great night camping. What a cute boy thing to do!

Abbey
    - I'm sorry you are feeling so down and I really hope you get your bfp in a few days so that you don't have to take a 6 month break of ttc. I didn't really have any symptoms before I tested when I was pregnant with my angel, so don't lose hope yet honey!
    Oh, and I'm the worst person to ask if it's too early to test. I started testing at 8DPO this cycle...

Jenushka
    - What a lovely trip it sounds like you had!I wish my best friend was still living in Sydney so I could just fly up for a weekend and see her and her DS. I miss them both so much, but they are in Perth at the moment and it's sooooooo much further and more expensive to get to.

Jen - Your Sat temp was crazy! 36 on the dot. I'm a cold fish and I've never gotten as low as 36! I'm not really sure why you might have had such a low temp only a couple of days after AF. Hmmmm. Have you been having pretty regular cycles, or has it been a bit all over the place in the past? Maybe it was just a thermometer error (I don't know how...) but it doesn't explain why your cm is confusing too. Maybe just wait and see what happens over the next couple of days.
    All the aussie's would be using celcius on their charts because it's standard over here, and while it makes reading your chart easier for us, it you are more comfortable to keep it in fahrenheit then go for it. It's the pattern that matters most anyway, not the actual temps

Vanaithi - I've heard of cycles where you don't ovulate, but haven't had one myself so I'm not sure how it would look on a chart. Maybe you could look up "anovulatory" charts on FF? Just remember not to change thermometers until the start of your next cycle

AFM
    : Unfortunately my temp continued it's drop this morning back down to my pre-ovulation temp No BFP for me this cycle. I didn't want to get out of bed this morning. I knew there probably wasn't much chance because it was the first time I had ovulated since losing my angel and having the d&c, but I'm still so disappointed and upset. I'll let myself be sad today, then try to build some positive energy tomorrow towards making a March baby...

I hope everyone else is well!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast