Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ June 08

Default Some good news...

Ladies - quick selfish post - I am happy to report that it's a for me

Woke up yesterday and felt like CRAP (queasy, achy, tired, headache), bb's still sore. DH asked if I should test and I said no way - 10/11 dpo and couldn't face seeing a bfn. Held out until 2pm, poas and it was a very faint but def + within 3 minutes (and could be seen at arm's length). Still wasn't convinced as have never had a bfp this early, tested again at 8pm last night, 6am this morning and still got the same faint but positive line. Had a very small amount of spotting at lunchtime, came home and tested again at 6pm even though I swore I wouldn't! Happy to say that the line that came up within 3 mins was much darker than the line this morning ...

I have a doctors appt on Friday so hopefully will be able to get a blood test done after that and get a bit more reassurance

I'm also sorry to post this in the midst of so many of us feeling down at the moment, I just had to tell - big big to you all, and an extra double helping of

Krystielove - sending you a million . Did they do repeat bt's after your m/c to ensure it had dropped to 0? I think that anything over 5 is considered a 'possible' pregnancy. I must say - I don't think it was a good decision to leave you that info in a message without you having a chance to ask questions. Of course you are going to be concerned and confused. I know it's easier said than done but please don't panic or jump to any conclusions until you speak to your ob and find out more details.

jenushka - CONGRATULATIONS ! ! !

Wishing you a happy & healthy pregnancy.

heey Jenushka,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! thats great news!!!! hope some more of us will follow soon

Jenushka - No one should ever feel sorry for announcing their pregnancy sweetpie! Even if some of us are down, I'm sure we are all more than happy for you. I know I am!! You must be so thrilled I will you all the best and you'll have to keep us all updated!

AJC - You are so right. I'm sure I am just getting worked up over something that I needn't be. I had a BT on the 19th of last month and mt hcg was still 101, so maybe it just hadn't quite gotten to below 5 yet. I'll speak to the ob tomorrow and see what he says. What a roller coaster of emotions we all go through on our TTC journey!!!

just a quick message to all of you who are feeling as down and yukky as i am...just remember that we are so lucky to have each other and this place to come and vent.
    And we will all get our most wanted BFP's ...one way or another
    better sprinkle some

Jenushka - YAYYYYEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! Congrats hun - wooHOOOOO!!! Shout it out loud from the roof tops sweet!!!!

Mel A & AJC - i feel the same about the belonging - so just straddling

Krystielove -

big hugs to tina and to all those who particularly need them - plenty of them to go around - cost nothing and give so much.

I'm getting better without having taken the antibiotics. I googled the script and the risk (even tho they said it was "safe") was that bubs, after it is born, may not respond to antibiotics/drugs to fight bacteria. It wasn't worth the risk. So just had a lot of rest and now just have a wee sore throat.

Hey to everyone!

Lovenhope Guest

Hi girls,

just wondering if I could pop in and say hi. I have ocassionally popped in here to do a little bit if lurking but have not post.

I am feeling a little down at the moment as 2 sets of close friends have recently given birth. I try to feel happy for them but all I can think about is seeing my 5w yolk sac on the ultrasound screen, to be told it was ectopic. I have been trying for 13 months now and even though i was officially pregnant a month ago, it really doesn't feel like it counts. I am now deciding whether I should start the clomid again that I was taking the cycle I fell pregnant.

I guess i am hoping some of you lovely ladies who have gone through similar situations might have some wise words of encouragement.

Sorry I haven't had a chance to catch up with all of you! My P.C time is limited as I am supposed to be reports for work.

Good morning girls!

First and foremost I would like to say jenushka I'm SO Congratulations--I knew someone had to get a BFP, it's just been way too long! I really had a feeling this one was coming for you! Don't ever apologize for being happy about getting a BFP! We're all here for the same reason, and we need that kind of good news to keep us all focused on what we're trying to achieve here, and so we know that there's hope for all of us! Good luck with your appointment on Friday! I'm really so excited for you!!! Here's a super-sized order of just for you!

Abbey--Really sorry to hear of your BFN's. I'm sorry you're feeling so crappy and down at the moment! Those BFN's are the most discouraging part of this journey, and instead of getting easier to deal with, they only get worse! I truly hope you change your mind and decide to stay here with us--but I completely understand the need for a break, and if that's what you need, then I support your decision. You'll always be in my thoughts and prayers! Sending big cyberhug!

Mel--Of course you still belong here! Like I told jenushka, we need to hear and see that it can happen for us--all you preggie mamas give us hope! I've read through the PAML threads and it's daunting to see so many unfamiliar names, I can understand how you could feel a little out of place there--but I know that's how I felt here at first! It's hard being the newbie in any thread, but we've all been through the same loss, and I'm sure you'll be welcomed with open arms and kindness and support! You're always welcome here, and we definitely don't want to lose you yet--so face it, you're stuck with us! Hope you enjoy your trip to Perth on Saturday and the time spent with your sister--and all that baby talk!!

AJC--Ditto for you, as well! I can't imagine this thread without you! It would definitely be our loss if you left, and while I'm so happy for you, part of me wants to be selfish and keep you here with us forever! I must sound like a stalker... lol... Only 1 more day and 1 more sleep to get through! Can't wait for you to tell us all about that strong little

Krystie--I know it's hard not to jump to conclusions or think the worst, sending you big hugs! I'm no doctor, but based on my situation and how long it took me to get the hgc out of my system, I'd be willing to bet that it was probably just a case of leftover hormones in your system. Honestly it took me like 6 weeks to get back down to 0--and my doc gave me BT's every week to make sure it continued to drop. It's a lot easier to deal with leftover hormones than another loss, so try
    (I know, blah, blah, blah) to think positive! My first cycle was heavier than usual, as well, and I'm sure that's just due to your body trying to get back to some sense of normalcy. Either way, I know it's no consolation, it still leaves the heart feeling heavy :console: Hope your OB is able to answer your questions so at least you know what's going on! Remember that we're all here for you!

tina--You're such a trooper, thanks for reminding us all of how lucky we are! Honestly, if not for this thread, I'd have lost it a long time ago! I find so much comfort and peace here, and I'm so grateful to have this group of girls to share all joys and sorrows of TTC! Big hugs coming your way!

plc--Glad to hear you're getting better without the antibx! And no straddling for you, missy--I'm holding you hostage in this thread--you aren't allowed to leave us! Hope things are well with you, when's your next appt?

sandygirl-- I'm so sorry to read of your loss! You've come to the right place for support and encouragement! Get in, sit down, and hold on--it's a bumpy rollercoaster ride, but find comfort in the fact that we're all in this together. You're not alone! Good luck with the Clomid if that's the road you decide to take. My fingers are crossed that you'll be blessed with a quick BFP!

smilanatu--Heard last night that 1/3 of the state is flooded, I'm praying hard you're not being affected by it too badly! Hope things are ok with you!

Katiegirl--It's been quite a while since I heard from you--in either thread! Praying things are ok with you and your little one! I'm sure you must have had your next weekly scan by now, so fingers are crossed all is well!

mmteacher--Haven't heard from you in a while, as well! Hope all is well with you and your sticky bub!

AFM... Tried the preseed last night for the first time. lol... kinda put DF on the spot and told him we HAD to, just couldn't miss the opportunity! When I exclaimed "wow, this stuff really is like eggwhites" he said, "c'mon, do you want the spermies, or what?" I think the "baby" factor came into mind and kind of put a damper on the situation--but he pulled through and made his donation! What a trooper! lol... and I didn't even need to put on a movie! Temps seem a little erratic, but I don't really know what's normal and what's not--so guess I'll just wait it out and see what happens, there's not much else I can do!

For all those not mentioned, you're thought of no less! Hugs and hi's to all!

Jen805..... I m very glad you are in here. You seem to do what I used to do.... I keep coming in here to check to see if everyone is alright... and if someone is down... you are there picking them up..... I can move on now...... I ve gone over to the Long Term Trying to Conceive thread because DH and I have decided to try again..... this time however there is no pressure... it either happens or it doesnt. I ve read your posts... and I thank you for being there for everyone... especially the new ladies that come in at a time when they are hurting so much.

So Jen... this post is for you.... THANKYOU for being YOU and THANKYOU for being there for others.

Jenushka...Doing the happy dance for you!!!

Jen...I am in Southern IN...no flooding for me...thanks for asking *wink*

Sorry it's short and sweet gurlies...thinking of you all...praying for more BFP...now back to work for me!

Angel Babies-- That is the highest compliment I could ever ask for! I am so honored I can't even find the words to express it! I'm so glad you've decided to continue TTC, and I'm praying that without all the pressure, you're blessed with your long-awaited and sticky BFP! I'm so grateful for all your kind words, your honesty, and your up-front demeanor--the fact that you're always willing to say it like it is, but with kindness, support, and of course, the utmost respect for everyone! I was reading your posts before I ever posted here, and so I'm sure I just learned from the best, as your posts were always so honest and supportive! Again, I just can't tell you how much your words mean to me--I can't even read them without crying. It truly is an honor, and I will cherish your post to me forever! While I'm so happy you're moving on with your journey, I pray that you'll continue to check up on us all occasionally, and keep us updated on how things are with you! As always sending bucketloads of and :goodluck2: on your move to the long-term TTC thread! I hope the women there know how lucky and blessed they should be to have to joining them!

smilanatu--WHEW!-- I'm so relieved! Thanks for checking in--now I officially feel like your mother! Now get back to work, girl!

Yay, I just ordered the wireless card that I need for the laptop in order to take you all camping with me next week! Should be here in 2 days! Woo hoo!
    Last edited by jen805; June 11th, 2008 at 05:40 AM. Reason: added more

jenushka - what else can I say - congratulations.

OK - we all know the BFP's come in runs - who is next?

sandygirl - welcome my friend - hope you feel right at home with these wonderful girls.
    jen - AB (my bday buddy) knows when she sees the mirror image of herself - you certainly have the goods!!

Hip Hip Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS JENUSHKA - I AM SOOOOO THRILLED FOR YOU.

YOU ARE A FERTILE LITTLE BUNNY, AREN'T YOU!?

Now I need to go over all your old posts to see what clever things you have done this cycle that might have given you the edge. Any tips? Seriously!

I have not written for a few days, but have been checking in. Will do some personals when DD is asleep this avo.

In the mean time, and to all you lovelies.

This is the same post as the one I did in the tww thread...

First of all CONGRATULATION JENUSHKA! That is such wonderful news, wishing you a healthy and happy pg....!

Sorry, the rest of this is going to be a 'me' post...

Ok...I caved and POAS this morning, it was a BFP...but... and that's a very big BUT...it was a light one, and my experience with light bfp's have all ended in early m/c / chemical pg. I believe that the strength of the line is indicative of the HCG levels, and obviously they are not very high. So Im not excited, and im not sad, Im just going to take it as it comes. There is absolutely nothing I can do to make it stick, and nothing I can do to stop a m/c. It is what it is, so...I will wait a few days and if AF doesn't arrive, ill POAS again and see what it says.

Thankyou so much pbstar I feel exactly the same way, I cant wait to see you get your BFP and I know its going to happen soon. Has AF arrived yet? Im still holding hope for you hun. Ill be saying extra just for you for!

Sorry this wasnt a joyful announcement, Im just not sure there is anything to celebrate yet, I just wanted to keep you posted on whats happening, and it gives me a chance to vent cause I cant tell anyone else, except DH, who is angry that I POAS early...i just couldnt help myself.

Thanks ladies,

Issy

Issy - can I offer you some quiet congratulations - I'll save the noisy ones for later when everything has settled. for you that everything will turn out just fine.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast