Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ November 2006

kirsty Guest

Default Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ November 2006

Welcome to November! Here's wishing everyone much success over the coming months & loads of BFP's to be found in here.

To have any of your details included in this thread or modified in any way, please email any of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Melinda [email protected]
    Kirsty [email protected]
    Cailin [email protected]
    MistyFying

We will endeavour to update your details ASAP. We find this works best as often information posted in the thread itself can be lost or unseen.

Please note that if you have not participated in the monthly thread for a period of 30 days, your details will be removed.

Member:
    State:
    CD:
    My previous cycles:
    FF Link:
    Medication:
    Notes:
    Angel Babies:

Also, don't forget to check out the informative BellyBelly Conception Articles.
    __________________________________________________ ___________

CD current as at 7/11/2006

Member: Amy (amym)
    State:SA
    CD:
    My previous cycles:
    FF Link:
    Medication: Fefol for my iron levels and folate.
    Notes: TTC since Nov 05, decided to take a 6 month break after second m/c, started ttc'ing again in October.
    Angel Babies: Dec 05 @ 4 weeks and April 20th 06 @ 14 weeks

Member: LisaL
    State: VIC
    CD:
    Previous Cycles: 30, 30, 30
    FF Link:
    Medication: Elevit
    Notes: TTC July '05 - break after loss & TTC again since Feb '06
    Angel Baby: 9/12/05 at 7.5wks (ectopic)

Member: MissyKG
    State: Iowa
    CD: 2
    My previous cycles:41
    FF Link: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/169357/ttc.png
    Medication: Vitamins
    Notes:
    Angel Babies: Dawson-2weeks old-Complications from surgery(died 7-10-06)

Member: Tanya
    State: Vic
    CD: 19
    My previous cycles: 33, 29, 32 ,26 ,28 ,29 , m/c, 29, 28, 27, 34, 26, 27
    FF Link: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4cee3
    Medication:
    Notes: Suspected cp on the 28/1/06
    Using supliments (Potassium and sodium) and following a 'boy' diet
    Angel Babies: 2/05/06 @ 8w2d

Last edited by kirsty; November 8th, 2006 at 07:16 PM.

kirsty Guest

Hiya lovely ladies, last thread can be found here

Just wanted to say hi girls and hope you're all having a great weekend. Mine so far has been good (my birthday today....sshhhhhh don't tell anyone!!!) and i've just had DH's sister and her boyfriend, and his cousin (and his wife and kids) over for dinner, so that was lovely, and i just had to jump on to see how my girls were going....

love and hugs to each and every one of you (can you tell i'm in a good mood tonight - pity about AF though, coz DH would have got lucky too!!!)...xxxxxxx

Shan - HAPPY BIRTHDAY for yesterday glad to hear that you had a wonderful evening. I hope that you got spoilt heaps you deserve it

Big hello to all the lovely ladies hope everyone is having a great weekend......

hi gals

Shan - a big happy bday to you - hope you had a wonderful day

Just a quick one from me - i am sick as a dog I woke up this morning with the worst flu symptoms - tinlgy body, aches and pains, and nausea. Just put some chicken soup on.

No more pg symptoms, so will wait for af this week..grrr....

Hope to see loads of bfp's in here this week!! Im off back to the couch and my blankie.

Take care,
    Lisa

Lisa- hun I am sorry to hear that you are not feeling well, I really hope that af doesn't show her ugly face. I am not feeling that hopeful either xx

Megan76 Guest

Hi girls!
    Lisa i hope the chicken soup did the trick and you are feeling a bit better! The flu sucks!!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHAN! Hope you had a fantastic day!

TESTING WEEK for so many of you.......i have everything crossed!!!!!!!!!!

Will come back tomorrow for a good read of what's gone on over the weekend!!

Oh Lisa, i hope you feel better soon. I can remember my Nan telling me that she had been trying to fall pg with my Aunty for ages, and she was so sick with what she 'thought' was the flu, only to find out a few weeks later that she was in fact PG....so you never know. I haven't given up hope on you just yet LOL xxx

And thank you Chepie, Lisa and Megan for the Birthday wishes...xxx

Hope everyone has had a great weekend.

for yesterday Shan!! Scorpios RULE!! And to think our zodiac body part is the genitals-- what's with that??!! Maybe we just need to have a stern talking to the downstairs dept. to get things happening? I'm staring down the barrel of Dirty Thirty (this coming Sunday) although I prefer to say I'm turning Twenty-Ten-- It really doesn't sound as old!

Lisa-- Hope you are getting lots of TLC from hubby! Haven't you just been on hols from work?? That always happens without fail-- as soon as you relax all the germies get to you.

As for me absolutely no pg. signs AT ALL! Not feeling hopeful AT ALL. I'm having my first ob/gyn appmnt tomoz- should be interesting??!! Happy Sunday girlies.

Smile

Hope - GL today I hope all goes well for you xxx

Thanks Hope. Yeah, go the scorpios (the sex sign hehe) I'm heading for Dirty Thirty next year, so i'm not too far off it either. Good luck for today...xxx

Megan76 Guest

Is everyone hibernating today????

I feel like doing the same. Having a bad day, not coping well with the stress and could cry at the drop of a hat...that's hormones for you i guess. Just don't know how i will manage if it all goes wrong again.

Must think positive, must think positive, must think positive!!!!!

When is the mass test taking place????

The Chicken Guest

Hey guys hope you all had a nice weekend.

Shan - Hope you had a nice birthday. I hope all your birthday wishes come true

Lisa - I hope you are feeling better. I remember having the flu before I found out I was first pregnant with Sam. All of your sinuses become weaker!!! Fingers crossed.

Hope - I hope your appointment went well.

Kez - How are those temps going?

Megan - Keep feeling positive. Any morning sickness yet???

I had a pretty ordinary weekend. Sam had his third dose of gastro on Saturday only to be followed by DH last night and today. I did another *!%#&!!! test and no joy. AF due yesterday so I am sure it will come soon (shouldn't have bought those nappies!!!!)

Thanks for thinking of me Kez, Shan and Lou!! It wasn't really very producctive-- I suppose I hoped he'd say "here's a magic pill so you'll never lose another baby" but he didn't. He looked at all my test results and basically said we would just have to keep trying and that it was likely the two previous pg.s were just bad luck
    The rational part of my brain knew that was how it would go and thinking about it now I don;t really know what I expected him to be able to do. He is going to monitor me next time but did of course emphasise that it would not change the outcome. Aaargh! He was great in that he identified that my big problem was with my feelings of being out of control and that I needed to not be so hard on myself that my "plans" had not panned out thus far.
    Lisa- Hope you are feeling better today.
    Lou- Sorry to hear about the test-- Frustration City!
    Kez, Lisa & Missy-- Re: testing en masse-- I think I can be mentally prepared by Wednesday morn. Does that suit? I'll be 11DPO then and it should show if + ?????!!!

The Chicken Guest

Hi Hope. Sorry you didn't get any answers. It sounds familiar and is terribly frustrating when they say it's just bad luck. I had SEVERAL doctors tell me that before I got a 'tenth' opinion as I knew that something wasn't right. I am sure your next pregnancy will be fine. It is difficult not to be hard on yourself. My acupuncturist has identified my fear of losing the next one and has been working on that aspect during treatment. Just keep positive and you'll get there!

Hi Hope and Chicken,
    I am sorry for the sadness that you have both been through.
    It sounds as though you had a disappointing day Hope.
    Let me say Hope that losing 2 babies at approx the same gestation isn't just bad luck. There is always a reason - we may not be able to find it but there is one. I have done a LOT of research on this - you will see from my signature that I have lost 3 babies at the same gestation and two early miscarriages. For 50% of women who recurrently miscarry there is no known cause. That isn't because there isn't one we just don't have a test for it. However of the women who are testing negative for all the known reasons for recurrent miscarriage when these women are treated in a next pregnancy using anticoagulant therapy the successful outcome is reached in up to 90% of women.

Lou - could yo tell me what they found for you?

I hope you don't mind me butting in...

Hey everyone! Sorry I was MIA this weekend but we went wedding dress shopping and I was so pooped from that. My son also got a nasty cold so he's been a little on the edgy side. This morning we went to my husband's work and they presented us with a concrete bench with the Bible passage that meant so much to us during Dawson's hospitalization(Psalm 139). We plan on putting it in his memory garden. I thought that was so special! They have been so wonderful to my husband and our family. I think so much of everyone there.
    I hope those of you who were sick over the weekend are now feeling better. Nothing like sickness to totally ruin the weekend.
    The only possible symptoms I could maybe chalk up to a possible pregnancy would be the absolute exhaustion I am feeling right now and a headache that just kinda lingers. Else nothing, even no PMS symptoms like cramps or bloating. I had a little heartburn last night but then again, when you eat pizza at 8:00 at night that can happen. So now on the last few days of the 2WW. It's killing me!!! I know this sounds dumb, but I tested this morning because I had a dream last night that I took a test and it had 2 lines on it. Of course it was BFN! I am only 9DPO so what did I expect? I know it was early but I thought it was worth a try. I now know I'm a POAS addict. I will now wait til Wed. I don't work until the evening that day so no matter the outcome, I will have a few hours to deal with the results.
    Talk to everyone later!

The Chicken Guest

Hi Deb. I totally agree with you. I had my m/c's all around the same stage and knew that something wasn't right. My periods were nothing like they use to be before I had Sam - severe cramping, pain, bleeding and short irregular cycles. People kept telling me that your period changes after having a child and that became my rationale for a while. I saw different GP's, my ob, did numerous tests and felt like a pin cushion. My GP couldn't even point me in the right direction of who I should see - I did the research myself!!!!
    I even went to see a FS who also said it was just 'bad luck' and to stop doing early PT's and he ordered chromosome testing just to ease my mind. I started seeing an acupuncturist who seemed it was my uterus not holding the pregnancies and was also a bit concerned about my ovaries.
    So after reaching my lowest point, DH persuaded me to see another FS at the MACC in Melbourne. I got an appointment straight away and saw Dr Mac Talbot who is their leading doctor. After explaining things he told me what he thought and had me booked in for a laparoscopy, hysteroscopy and D/C which found endo around my right ovary, fallopian tube and uterus plus an ovarian cyst . An in depth ultrasound plus family history of Diabetes also brought about his diagnosis of mild PCOS which affects the hormones/egg quality/ovulation due to insulin resistance. I am now on Metformin which is a drug that regulates insulin thus regulating hormones etc . So after getting AF today, I will start my second month on it and then start on clomid. I must say that Dr Mac Talbot was my life saver....he answered all my questions, has eased the pain a little and has reignited my hope and determination. It's just a shame it has taken 2 and half years to get here. My advice to others would be to find answers when you are not given any....and even alternative medicine is worth a look in!!!

Lou

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast