Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ September 2006

SmallSquirrel Guest

Morning Lovelies,

Scanlon is having his morning sleep and I am feeling reasonably good.

Hope all are well.

Kelly - As far as telling people go, my approach has been that I have told every body about my 2 M/C, so I might as well tell people about pregnancy. I did not wait the "standard"12 weeks (except at work). It can be a bit stressful when everyone is asking all the time though!

Sez - 2 of my 3 pregnancies started with SEVERE cramping on the day AF was due. I was so sure that I was not pregnant. This included the pregnancy that resulted in "Mr Moo" as we call him! Based on my experience, I'm hoping its a good thing for you.

Kate - I know you posted your question re a possible implantation bleed a few days ago. What you described sounds like what I attributed to an implantation bleed. Fingers crossed.

Hope - Hi there. I hope hanging out here will ease your pain some. It has for me. One of my M/C was missed. I had to have a D&C, and DH and I did not wait to TTC again. AF came 6 weeks after D&C, and that month Scanlon was coneived. As far as "other" babies go, I count my 2 Jack Russells, Chester and Ruby as my babies. They gave me a lot of comfort after my first M/C. Dogs are so intuitive. They knew something was wrong and just wanted to sit on my lap all the time, it was beautiful.

Kez - Sorry for your loss. I dont have any advice about ectopic, all I can say is be kind to yourself.

Today is CD10 and DH and I are working on our BD. What approach do you guys take? Do you go "like rabbits" or do you take a slow and steady approach? Previously we have BD'ed on CD 8 10 12 14 16 18. What do you think about this?
    Also wondering if any of you have come across many women who have been breastfeeding children when they are pregnant with a new baby?
    I am still BF Scanlon, and though my Dr says it does not matter, BF causes the uterus to contract after birth, so I think it stands to reason that this may increase the risk of mc.
    Any ideas?

Sorry to the people I missed,

Ciao for now.

kirsty Guest

Paige Hi & welcome to the group (I'm just hanging around a bit at the moment instead of full on posting due to some waiting issues). When we fell last time we DTD every second day from CD10 to CD20 just to make sure & it worked!! Here's wishing you all the very best for this month.

Huge hi to all you wonderful women, I am stalking you all & your progress but for my own peace of mind I am a little absent in posting. Just need to get my head around a couple of things first & then I'll be back full time (well as soon as we get the green light to TTC again anyway!)

Hopefully this place will be soooooo empty by the time I get back in here.

Best of luck ladies.

Hi Ladies,

I hope you're all having a lovely weekend!!

Sez - It's still sounding really good for you honey!! I'm so sure you're going to be announcing a BFP later this week!!! I've got a beautiful staffy aswell - aren't they just the greatest dogs!!!

Paige - I think you've just go to do what's right for you in the BD'ing department!! DH and I just went for it like rabbits but also tried not to do it if we really didn't feel like it, I didn't want him to feel completely used and abused (although he loved it and now regrets not taking advantage of it even more as I'm far too worried all the time for any of that now!!)

Hope - I'm not sure if I welcomed you or not, so if I didn't - welcome honey - you'll find the most amazing women in here - so supporting and caring. I also had a missed m/c and now being pg again is just so stressful, so when it does happen again for you, I'll be here!! I didn't have any symptoms last time and so didn't know when I'd lost the bub, that's whats freaking me out the most, I just keep wondering if everything is ok and going to have a scan is just the worst!!! Not much I can do though, but be patient and positive!! Oh and I DEFINITELY consider my goregous staffy as my baby!! I always call him my beautiful little boy (and we're mummy and daddy to him!!) - they're the best!!!

Kez - Welcome!! I'm afraid I'm not sure about the wait after an ectopic either but do wish you all the best honey! It's such a difficult time and we're all here for you! I feel that as much as it's important to take the advice of your doctor, you also need to do whats right for you. GL.

Kate - How are you going honey?? I hope af stays away for you - when will you test, are you still thinking you might do it on Thursday? I'm praying for you and we'll all here for you babe!!

It sure has been quite in here over the weekend.

Tanya - How are you going sweety? You still haven't told us if the movie you saw was any good??

Lisa - Hope all is well and I'm praying that af hasn't arrived!! Please let us know how you're going!!!

Megan - How are you going?? I've been thinking about you and hope that all is well. It's very weird to say but I do hope af has arrived in full force so you can confidently start the ttc journey again.

Belle - I don't think we've heard from you for a while either - how are you?? Do you think you've O'd yet?? I hope you're busy getting heaps of BDing in!!!

Shell - How are you going?? You must be on top of the world still about your great scan - it's just wonderful. Bet you can't wait to see your gorgeous little bub again soon!! Take care.

Sarah - How are you going?? I hope the weekend has been a good one. Have you started getting any more m/s yet?? I'm still feeling fine, which really sucks!!! I can't help but worry a little. Trying to stay positive and even had a really good dream last night about our bub but I'm scared to tell you all now because someone mentioned if you tell people, the dream won't come true - and it was a really good one!!!!!

Jayne - I hope you've had a lovely weekend and that Jessica is feeling a little better. She sounds like such a cutie - I just loved reading about her pulling up your shirt to show everyone your tummy!!!!

I'm so sorry if I've missed anyone and hope that you're all wonderfully well.

I'm ok again today. Just wishing the week away to get closer to my next scan. Was feeling a little down again yesterday afternoon - until the Eagles won!!!! Very exciting stuff over here in WA. DH still isn't feeling too well but at least I've been sleeping a little better!!! He's just gone down to the beach for a surf, hoping that the salt water will clear his sinuses a little, so he should be feeling a bit better when he gets home. Then he's promised that we'll go hire some DVD's and lie on the couch!! Can't wait - we NEVER to that. I have a DH that just can't sit still - he always has to be doing something, which is great and bad all at the same time!!

Take care everyone. I'm back at work tomorrow (yuck!) so may not be able to post as much - damn it. It's been so great keeping up with everything!!

Kelly xxxx

I'm really hoping that a whole lot of you ladies are going to spring up and say SURPRISE! tomorrow, and announce BFPs! Obviously, I am having a quiet weekend..........

Well, the cramps have pretty much gone, but I still have a few stretchy pains. Just a little nausea this afternoon, but not nearly as much as Friday and yesterday, and it only just started. I don't understand why I'm fine in the morning, but then feel sick as the day goes on????? Anyhow, still have a bit of really thick creamy cm, so I am holding out some hope, but not a lot. Don't feel like af is coming, but don't really feel pg either. If af doesn't arrive by Wednesday I think I might have to test then. Will talk to dh about it. Probably should wait until Thursday, but I don't think I can hold out that long! And I know dh will just say TEST which is why I haven't discussed it with him yet!

Hope you are all going marvellously well. I was about to go out into the garden.....but it's started to rain! Bloody Melbourne weather, it was beautiful this morning! Never mind it will just have to wait. Mind have to find some chocolate mmmmm..........

ETA by the time I am finishing this post the nausea is kicking in a bit more! I wish my body would just do one thing or the other..........maybe I won't have the chocolate after all

kirsty Guest

Oooooh Sez sounds like you need to POAS honey!!

Desperately Kirsty! But I'm too scared of getting a BFP from doing it too early!

BTW it's great to see you around, can't wait til you can ttc and join us FT! Good luck with everything

Hi everyone,
    I've been lurking for quite some time so I'm quite familiar with you all but haven't posted, a little slack. haven't even changed ticker yet which is wrong.
    Good luck for everyone.
    Just needed to say to you Sez, I hope you get a bfp this week, I keep checking in to see whether you have tested yet or not, I can't wait too much longer, it's killing me. This may be our next journey we spend together. Good luck

Megan76 Guest

Hi all,
    Gee its been busy in here this weekend! I had lunch with all my girlfriends yesterday and i actually did it pretty tough - two 1 year olds, one 3 month old and my best friend is 8 months pregnant. I couldn't help letting the jealousy leak in as its the first time we have all been together since i m/c, couldn't help with the "it's not fair" thoughts! I have been spotting now for a few days, and i actually nearly threw up the other day too and my nips are red raw! My body is ridiculous and i have no idea what is going on. I just wish af would come so i could get back on the wagon! I am on holidays for two weeks so i will be checking in with everyone regularly....i hope all those "signs" result in BFP's. Enjoy your week everyone!

Lilylou, it's so good to hear from you! Thanks for dropping in. It means alot. What's going on with you? I really hope we can be belly buddies together! Please come around again

Megan, you poor thing! I know, it's so hard going to these things! It's perfectly normal to feel a bit jealous, I'm sure your friends understand. Know that we are here for you whenever you need to vent, and most of all, know that one day you WILL have your own bubba to hold. And then you'll have to eat one-handed LOL! I hope af arrives soon for you sweets..........

ETA, Lilylou, I just re-read your post.....are you trying to tell me that you're pg???!!!

Hey Sezjm,
    Had you going there for a little while, but, unforunately, no I'm not pregnant. Didn't realise till after I posted it looked that way
    I'm on day 12, thought I would get a + OPK today but it wasn't, may do one more tonight. If I knew how to put my chart up, I would show your?? I was going to try Tanya's boy diet this month but never got around to it, although I did buy cranberry juice, but was pretty shi**y with everyone here because they drank it on me It's so expensive.
    I had weird cycle last month like you and Belle, mine was weird because it was almost textbook perfect? Ovulated on day 13/14 and had a 13 day LP which is not normally me I normally o late and have shortish LP's. Perfect cycle but didn't end in pregnancy. The ttw was one of the worst, I was testing everyone 5 seconds, stressed myself out bad. This month I will try to not be so impatient and relax a bit about it, if that is possible
    Better go, everytime dp wants me, I'm on computer, I can tell he is sooo sick of it, like I'm having this affair with it

Hello my loves -sorry have been mia for a few days but no pc and now im at my cousins and thought id steal a quick minnie to say hi. Sorry no time to catch up on personals - I will do that tomorrow I promise

Ok af was due around the 16th - still no show. Im having af symptoms on and off and still feeling queasy (sp?) but I did do a hpt on the weekend and it was a bfn. So im going to hold off until thursday and if af doesnt show then i'll do another hpt.

Thank you all for asking after me,
    luv hugs and bfp's to you all!

Lisa
    XX

Hello All,

What a bunch of busy bee's you all have been over the weekend!

Lisa - I was wondering where you were. I'm sorry about the bfn hun, but test again on Thursday, I think that might be your day!

Sez - You have had me in stitches girl! You're so funny! You think exactly like I do and then you post it and think I'm going to look like an idiot if nothing eventuates. I have to tell you, it's all looking mighty fine to me and hooly dooly on the 5 HPT's! Did you buy them all from one store? I would have bought them all separately so I didn't look strange! LOL.

Lilylou - Tell me about the price of Cranberry Juice. I really like it and I used to buy it for Jess because she had some kidney problems and it's meant to be good for UTI's which we had to avoid like the plague because of her kidney's and I found I would drink the whole bottle in two days. I ended up stopping buying it because Jess went off it and I was right onto it!

Megan - You're completely normal having those thoughts about your gf's. YOu wouldn't be human if you didn't think that way. It was a really brave and outstanding thing you did accepting the lunch invitation, it shows a lot of courage and you're the better person because of it! Good on you honey!

Kelly - Guess where my referral for my next scan is? Yep, MURDOCH! I knew that place was still going! I'm being sent there so I can have a 3d scan and he said it's the best place for the anatomy scan. He said there, West Leederville or Attadale. So sounds like we're both on a winner!

Me - Got my results back from the 12w scan. The ratio was a 1:18,894 chance of a problem so he's pretty happy with that. I'm off to have my anatomy scan next which will be when I'm 19w and then an appt and then booking into the hospital. I just can't believe it's still happening. I noticed a big diff with the Ob today, he was more chatty and very happy with my progress and I felt a bit more comfortable with him. Considering he's going to be looking right up my hoo-haa I need to feel comfortable with him! IYKWIM? Jessica is much better thanks for asking but damn she has been one major BRAT today. She even tells me 'Jessica naughty girl'. grrrrr. We'll get there.

Big hello's to everybody!

Love Jayne

Hi Girls,

Hope, Welcome to this lovely group, i am very sorry for all that you have been through.

Sez, Oh honey, you are rivaling me in the stress stakes just kidding. You know that it is entirely normal to feel the way that you are feeling and more or less we all feel the same. Things are sounding really good though - how are you feeling today? You said you are not sure about morning sickness, well it does sound exactly how you are describing it. It does come in waves and can be different in intensity from day to day. I have everything crossed for you! My scan is next Monday (i will be 7w 4d) thanks for asking.

Kelly, Go the Eagles, i am like you in that i love both the eagles and the dockers but my heart lies with the Eagles! Rowan and my dad are going to Melbourne for a week to go to the grandfinal lucky buggers!

Kez, I am sorry for your loss and you have found a great group!

Paige, You asked about breatfeeding and pregnancy...One of my good friends in my mothers group has 2 kids (14 month age gap). The first one is 18 1/2 months and the second is 4 1/2 months. She is still breastfeeding her first aswell as her second and has been very successful in this. She got pregnant straight after her first period returned. The only thing of significance that i can remember her saying is that after Lavender (her second) was born her milk became much more creamy etc as it had been thin like Water before Lavender was born and that Elowyn (her first) wanted to breastfeed more since Lavender was born. Hope this helps you somewhat.

Megan, I think that you are incredibly brave going to lunch with your friends. Any of us here would have found that really hard so you deserve a big pat on the back for making it through!

Lisa, Oh honey i was hoping for good news from you today and i guess in away that i got it. From what i know so far you are always right on time with AF so it HAS to be a good sign that it is late, Im sorry about the BFN and am so so hoping it turns into a BFP for you in the next few days!

Hi to everyone else how are you all doing?

Love Sarah xx

My oh my isn't it quiet in here today? I think I've scared everyone off LOL!

Belle, how was your weekend hon? Hope you had a good time

Lisa, so glad you're okay. Thanks for the quick post. Sorry about the BFN hon, but don't give up yet, it's such a good sign that af hasn't showed her ugly mug! I'm hearing you on the nausea, it's yucky! (Not that I'm complaining LOL!) Can't wait for Thursday sweets....... I'll be holding your hand all the way!

Sarah, I really didn't think I'd be this *obsessed*. Imagine what I'll be like if I really am UTD LOL! Doesn't bear thinking about.......Thanks for the m/s tips too. Just think, one week from now, you will have seen your little bubba YAY! I'm so excited for you (will be holding your hand too, I know you'll be nervous. In fact Lisa, you'd better get your BFP by Monday so my hands can fly over to Perth to help out Sarah!!!!)

Jayne, so glad I can entertain! I know what you mean about *posting before I think*! But it just makes me feel so much better to get it out there IYKWIM? Good results from your scan, that's great! I'm so pleased you're feeling more comfy with your Ob, it's so important (as you would know). I can't wait to see mine again, he's a doll! Hope Jessica starts being *Jessica good girl*again!

Sorry, no more personals girls, I know that's very slack of me but I'm BUGGERED! Big hi and to everyone though.

Well after discussion with DH, I think tomorrow is testing day! Sorry Kate, but you never showed up LOL! Still having nausea as we speak, still have creamy cm, and today I've had cramps that have had me convinced that af is around the corner, but I know that can be a good thing too. So unless af shows overnight, I will be POAS at about 5.30am Eeeeeek! Andy goes to work early, and I don't want him to miss out, and think I should definitely use FMU since it's so early (to test I mean). Will go back to bed and then post before going to work.

See you in the morning........

Lots of love Sez xoxo

Hello!!

I hope everyone is well. Sorry, don't have much time but just wanted to wish Sez all the very best for the big test in the morning!!! I'm praying that it results in a BFP for you BUT if it doesn't, remember not to get too down - it is early for you, so it might just be too early for the BFP!!! I just know it's going to come up for you though!!!! GL.

Lisa - Great to hear from you too - things are sounding pretty good. Remember I got a BFN before I got the BFP too, so hang in there - we're all here for you and I'm sooo thinking that Sez and yourself are going to have nice BFP's by the weekend!!!

Hope everyone else is well. I'm not too bad - very, very, very busy at work, so not worth having holidays!!!!! Can't wait for next week - I'm hanging out for my next scan. Oooohh that reminds me - GL for your scan Sarah - can't believe you're going to Murdoch - so strange. Not to worry - West Leederville were good to me last time (even though they confirmed I'd lost the baby) - very scary stuff.

I'm thinking of you all.

Kelly xxx

Good morning girls!

Well, I think I can VERY tentatively announce a !

Tested with Fortel Ultra using FMU and I have a VERY faint line. Since dh has gone to work have retested with Crystal Clear and have another VERY faint line! In fact both of them are so faint I keep wondering if I'm imagining it, and then I see it again. So I won't be doing much heavy celebration yet - especially as I have been awake since 4am! I'll wait til I get a darker line before getting carried away. Now I know what everyone means when they say to wait! I'm feeling quite nervous now - am I or aren't I? And dh thinks I am, but now that it's happened I think he's quite nervous and although happy, is going on about how we were supposed to wait! Poor man!

Anyhow, I'll keep on waiting, and let you all know what happens. Hope you all have a great day! (Only two sleeps to go Lisa......!)

Big Sez xoxo

Congrats Sez, what did i say!!!

Talk soon and lots of love, LOU

Wooo hooo Sez!!! A positive is a positive sweety. Check again in a few days and get that dark line smiling back at you. Well done you clever girl!!

Now Lisa ...... have you POAS yet?? There are plenty of us ready to hold your hand when you do.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast