Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC after Miscarriage or Loss ~ March 08 #2

fiona264 Guest

Katiegirl Thank you for your encouragement. I think I will find another one. It is so hard though, sometimes you don't know what the doctor is like until you visit him/her. I have had good doctors in the past but you know the story....when you find a good one, they move or just disappear.

Fiona - I totally understand. It is hard to find a doctor that you like and feel comfortable with. This time around I have managed to find a GP and an Ob that I like, respect and can trust. I also know that my Ob will not simply brush off any concerns I have, which makes me feel so much more relaxed about calling him. Good luck finding someone new.

Magda Guest

Hi Lovely Ladies,

I hope you are all doing well this evening. Thank you to everyone's kind words.

Fiona, Yes having your daughter and your son for that matter see you go though nine months and having a baby is beautiful, I couldn't agree with you more. Now regarding your dr, I am so sorry he made you cry. You don't need that, I agree with the other ladies' , it is time to find another dr. Maybe you can ask some people you know about their drs. That is how I found my dr my good friend recommended him to me and then I found out that 2 other ladies in my office also went to him and really liked him. I feel like I hit the jack pot with him. So keep you chin up you are doing the diet which is good, 1st step 2nd step.... you guessed it new dr.

Katiegirl, Thanks I love hearing about other ladies having their baby at 41 and over. Love that. The meditation course sounds great, it is actually something I have been thinking about with all the stresses I am going through. I know this is a difficult time and it is natural for you to have these feelings, it is normal for all of us to feel this way when we get pg next time around so I am not trying to belittle your feelings. I am routing for you I know that your baby is going to be born beautiful and healthy.

Danielsgirl1113, I didn't have a D&C I m/c naturally so I don't know about having blood clots after that. But since you are still bleeding you can be low on iron, which is why you are feeling dizzy. But dif ask your dr about that. Take care of yourself.

Berecca623, Don't be nervous hun, it is going to be fine.

1180, Wow, that would be a great suprise. GL.

Jodsan, Thanks, That's the thing I always think I am pg. But truly hoping this month is the one.

As for me I am feeling all sorts of cramps so I don't know what is going on, I get upset alot.

just popping in to say a quick hello and to see how everyone is...
    dont have time to do personals, will catch up first tomorrow..

my parents are going home today after being here all weekend...
    for those of you who offered advice on BDing, just letting you know that we were successful! just really quiet...so managed every 2nd day around o time so fingers and toes xed!

any one else now in 2WW and going crazy with me?

welcome to the new guys that i havent met yet...we are all in here paying for BFPs

Hi everyone,

10dpo and silly me POAS and of course it was BFN. Will wait til 12dpo now. Symptoms are still looking good though.

Tinak - Hope you caught the eggy, GL with the TWW!

Danielsgirl - I agree with Magda, you could be low in iron, dizziness is definately a symptom of iron deficiency. Are you taking supplements? Another possibility is that your cycle is returning and progesterone levels are working on rebuilding your endometrium. High progesterone also causes dizziness and vertigo. If it continues it probably wouldn't hurt to go to the Doctor and get a bloodtest to test iron levels, etc.

Magda - I really hope this month is the one for you You're 10dpo too aren't you? When are you going to test?

Katie - Hope you're doing ok, good luck with your Ob 2moro, let us know how you go.

Berecca
    - I'm sure it must be scary when you first get pregnant again after a MC, I'm sure I will feel the same way. But I'm sure everything is going to be fine. You look after yourself. Hope the doc went well today!

Natty Guest

Hi Everyone

Just a quick note to say hi and hope you all enjoyed Easter.

I know what you mean about TWW craziness! Although I am 8DPO (or 9DPO - I dont know whether you are supposed to include the day of 'o'??) and I feel like AF is about to arrive - backache and tummy cramps. Feel pretty deflated actually.

Jodsan - With a sensitive test you can test tomorrow. . Let us know how you go.

Hi to the rest of you lovely ladies. Oh and am I glad to hear that 40s are the new 30s. I just turned 35 and didnt think I'd be TTC at this age but actually feel more comfortable about the (concept) of being pregnant and having a child than I did with DD at 31.

Nat

Hi Natty - I never count O day, so you should be 1dpo 24 hrs after O, etc. Hmm backache and tummy cramps, could well be implantation. I had pretty good cramping and backaches from 6dpo-8dpo, then I had a fuzzy implantation feeling late at night on 8dpo. Fingers crossed

Yeah, I am seriously thinking about going out and buying Crystal Clear bc it has always shown up for me early, I was 12dpo last time and it showed up pretty well. I have Lullaby conceptions which I bought when I bought some Preseed, they are supposed to be 20miu but I'm just not sure about them.

Hey, I'm nearly 35 too and I love it! It's pretty funny actually bc I have just gone back to uni and I speak to all the 20 year olds and I dont even wish I was that young again, really happy where I'm at!

fiona264 Guest

Magda I will have to look around and ask for recommendations. Good idea. Ta

Low GI Diet going well and I have found some yummy recipes. My DH turns his nose up a bit at them. Too healthy probably LOL. Want to try and attempt to make Lentil Soup or Minestrone Soup. I picked up the recipe from my Low GI book. I will let you all know what its like.

Another question I want to throw out is....Has anyone been on Clomid, can you only get them from a Obstetrician and what are the side affects?

Natty Guest

Hi Jodsan

Thanks for that about when to count DPO. Are you still having vivid dreams? I dreamt last night my DH went off with the female bully from my high school. Wierd. I never hardly remember dreams.....

I used First Response last pregnancy at 10DPO and it was a very + positive! I'd recommend them (also for OPKs). So you are 10DPO today or tomorrow? I didnt like Confirm - it gave me false negatives too often.

Gotta fly

nat

Fiona624 - Not sure who can give you the clomid script. I am in my first cycle now - just took my last tablet this morn. As per the consumer information side effects are as follows: hot flushes, intermenstrual spotting or heavy menstrual periods, nausea or vomiting (unfortunately one I experienced this afternoon), breast discomfort, headache, insomnia, nervousness, depression, fatigue, diziness or light headedness, rash or skin irritations, increased frequency of urination, hair loss, fever, vagina discharge, seizures, visual problems.

I didn't feel anything for the first 1 - 3 days really, except maybe a very mild niggling type headache. Yesterday I felt a little off in the afternoon but just put it down to me looking for side effects but today I felt yuk all day just a little nauseous. When I got home from work I felt even worse but now I've thrown up (sorry TMI) I feel a little better. Will wait and see how I am in the morn - if still yuk I'll go and see my pharmacist or doc. I think headaches and nausea are the most common symptoms though so I'm not going to panic unless I continue to hurl all night.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the low GI recipes, there are some yummy ones. My DH is very easily pleased but saying that he's not afraid to tell me if he didn't enjoy something and he's liked most things so far. I was on holiday recently and found the low GI family cookbook. well we don't have the family yet but there were some great recipes in it and hopefully I will have some munchkins to cook for one day.

Jodsan - good luck! 12 dpo is the earliest I've ever have a +HPT so hopefully you're just a bit too early testing.

Tinak - glad the bd went ok. Where there is a will there is a way!

danielsgirl - I bled for around 2 weeks after my most recent m/c. i didn't experience any diziness or the likes - could you be a little low in iron? Perhaps you're just stressed too. I know I think I'm really calm sometimes and I had this jaw problem a few months after my m/c (when I thought I was calm and relaxed) and my dentist said it was a common jaw disorder caused by stress. Take care of yourself.

ll80 - wow imagine if you fall pg this month. If it happens it must really be meant to be and i'm sure it would be a sticky one. I'm sure your bloods will be fine.

Angelbabies -sorry about af. You have such a great outlook though, another month another chance for a BFP.

Berecca - hope blood test was ok. Am sure all is going to be great!

Sorry if I've missed anyone.

AJC & Fiona - hey low GI buddies. I am slowly starting to make changes - have opted for the low GI cereals and so far so good. Fiona - keep me posted re the minestrone recipe. AJC - sorry u have such awful side effects from clomid

Natty & Jodsan - I'm taking notes for my next cycle when I'm TTC - so Crystal Clear and First Response - duely noted. Jodsan - hope what u felt was indeed implantation GL for testing, hun!! Ditto - enjoying my 30's, there's no way I would have been ready for all this (based on my personality) 10 years ago even if I had met my DH by then.

tina - well done, sweet, re BDing - when u want something bad enough, nothing stands in ur way LOL!!!

Magda - sincerely hope this is ur cycle.....

Katie - thanks hun - only 21 sleeps to go hope ur giving ur belly heaps of rubs. So ur friends r coming NEXT weekend - ok. Yeah be brave hun and also be strong for ur bub - only room for positivity, right?

danielsgirl - not too sure about the dizzy spells but what Magda said made sense - def check it with doc.

berecca - how'd u go today with bts?

ll80 - oh hun - that is amazing how ur now in TWW!!!! oh hun - GL!!! I would be so nervous too ....

Hi bday buddy, tempus and all the other lovely lovely girls here.....

Default catch up

ok...
    plc, ajc and fiona, good on you guys for trying the low GI thing...i should think ab out improving my diet too....hmmm...
    jodsan: fingers crossed those pains were implantation - ive had some strange pains in the past day or so, but im only like 2 days PO, any one have ideas as to what that could be? really sore in the lower pelvic region. good luck for a
    danielsgirl: not really sure what the dizziness thing is, the low iron theory sounds plausible..maybe check with your GP if it continues..
    natty: interesting dreams! hopefully it means something
    magda: i hope your feeling ok, TTC again is a big emotional rollercoaster isnt it!!
    ll80:good luck either way!
    fiona: a good GP is def worth their weight in gold! ive moved around alot, so it has been hard for me to get consisitency with GP's but i think its soooo important to have one thats sympathetic (and nice!!)
    mmteacher: welcome, praying for BFPs for you, as well as the rest of us!
    katie girl: good luck with meeting your pg friend this weekend. if i can get through dinner with my SIL, you can do this! ill be thinking of you
    berecca and nickster: thinking of you guys and hoping your not too anxious...sending lots of stickyness!!!!!
    hello to everyone else i may have missed, so sorry...unfortunately there are alot more of us in here that i would like, but hopefully some of us get to go the 'pg after MC board soon...

ok, im off for some QT with DH, as havent had any alone time with parents here for 4 days
    good night

i have just lost 1kg without trying , a first for me, i think it is because my opp is less than 1 week away and i am starting to fell scared.

bettyboop: thats terriffic about the weight loss, its great when your not even trying. however i understand that your nervous too...fingers are crossed for you, im sure youll be fine and come out with some positive news

fiona264 Guest

AJC Sounds like the hormones in the tablets working. The symptoms that are written down when you get the tablets are obviously covering everything that might happen. When I had my D & C after my miscarriage, they told me all the worst possible things that could happen to me, even death, just before putting me under. It scared the bajeebers out of me. Let me know how it goes. I suppose you can't get them from a normal GP, you have to go to an ob. Please let me know if this is the truth. I have heard so many conflicting stories.

plc1805 I will keep you posted about the minestrone soup. Going out tomorrow to get all the ingredients. Yum!!! The low GI cereals they recommend is Special K and All Bran. I am not a cereal eater normally, but willing to give it a try. I hate milk, so dry cereal for me. Ewwwww....might surprise myself and like it. LOL

tina k There was an article on tv tonight about good and bad diets and the low GI one was one of the best. The others I was quite surprised they weren't so good.

bettyboop Hi ya. I have given up weighing myself. I am going to rely on the good old tape measure. I was on Weight Watchers a few years ago and lost an incredible 54 kg in one year. I always seem to revert back to Weight Watchers as this is what I know, but at the moment I am giving the Low GI thing a go and see if I lose it quicker. On WW, apparently rice cakes are good, but on Low GI they are not so good as they are High GI. Its an interesting book to read.

I am in the cooking mood this time and I have some awesome WW recipes which I love, and trying the Low GI recipes to see the comparison.

Thanks girls for giving me so much advice. Muchly appreciated.

Fiona, I'm not sure if you're big on yoghurt or not but that's what I put on my all bran when I eat it.
    Just plain natural yoghurt and I add in some fruit as well.
    That is when I can be bothered with breakfast or am a little backed up

Good Luck bettyboop, I have everything crossed for you.

Angel - sorry about af, give her a whack with her broomstick, just because you can!

Hiya to everyone *waves*

..Laura

Saw the date of your m/c (my b-day) and felt compelled to say hello. Had my m/c the day before yours (happy b-day to me). Just wanted you to know that I know what you're going through, and I know how hard it is. You're in my thoughts and prayers. Wishing you luck on TTC, I hope it happens quickly!
    Last edited by jen805; March 26th, 2008 at 04:39 AM. Reason: Sorry for the duplicate message--I forgot to write who the message was for!!

danielsgirl1113-- Noticed the date of your m/c (my b-day) and felt compelled to write you. I had my m/c the day before yours on the 5th (happy b-day to me). Just wanted you to know you're not alone, and I know exactly how you feel. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Good luck TTC!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast