Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC after Stillbirth/ Recurrent Miscarriage or Loss after the First Trimester April

Spring - I am thinking of you, your DH and your little guy today. I hope you have a nice time away.

Kel

Oh, stupid computer, i just wrote a big post and then lost it...doh!

Tommysmum - Yeah, I was pretty sus on the positive HPT i got, I am so glad that I didn't get my hope up. It is just annoying that I got two +'s with that brand though. But, I have been known to have even longer cycles than the 34 days I am predicting, so I could still be testing too early so I am not giving up just yet, I will take another test away with me and try it again on monday or tuesday. What about you? Let me know if anything happens while I am away, I will have my phone so just sms me. If not, we will catch up when I get back.

Lynn - Thankyou for lighting a candle for Asha, it was a beautiful thing to do. It inspired me to do the same and as I watched it I though alot about her and about all of our little ones. i hope you get some good news over the next couple of weeks and I look forward to hearing about your success with your new plan the FS has for you. Lotsa to you Lynn.

Spring - How did your phone call to MIL go? I really hope that you and DH can not think about it too much and enjoy your break together. Afterall, this may be your last holiday as a 'couple'. your next trip will be a family one!

I will get on later when I have finished packing and cleaning up after my little monster.

Hey everyone,

Hope you are all having a good Good Friday.

Spring - you have probably gone by now, so I guess we will hear from you on Monday when you get back. I hope everything went ok with MIL.

Bailey - you are right - don't give up just yet. Did you test this morning? I hope you have an awesome time away. When are you back?

Mel - how are you going? Hope yesterday was ok for you, I know you were busy at work but I'm sure you were thinking of your little angel Have you got the kids this weekend? How are the house plans going?

We just went to the movies and saw 300. It is about the Spartans and Persians. I always loved Ancient History at school so I had to see this movie. It was a bit gorey (sp?) in some spots though.

We are catching up with 2 couples tomorrow and we will be the only one without kids I have seen them since I had Cooper but it has either been without the kids or separately with their kids. I hope I will be ok, but it will be hard just knowing what we are missing out on

It might be pretty quiet in here over the weekend as a few of us seem to be away.

I'll pop in later to see if anyone is around.

Hey all,

Hope everyone has a good weekend, My DH is working (dairy farmers never get time off LOL!) and the 3 big kids have gone off to there dads for the weekend (my ex) so it's just me and miss 2 at home on our own!
    So I am bored!

Lynn - I wouldnt mind seeing that movie!

Hi Girls,

Thanks for all your well wishes yesterday. I was at work and was very distracted, I did think about Nicholas all day but managed to cope very well and gots lots of easter stuff from the people I am working with (gotta love being a temp). We then went out for dinner and to see a comedian (Daniel Kitson) last night. I had a really nice time and laughed lots, I felt a little guilty on the way home because maybe I should have been more sad during the day than I was - I hope Nicholas didnt mind.

Bailey - I hope you did ok yesterday, Asha would have been watching over you helping you through I believe. I am so sorry you got a BFN I do agree that it is still early and so you cant give up hope just yet but it is still a little disappointing. You are pretty good for not getting overly excited, I did! I know you will be keeping in touch while you are away but I hope you have a great time and you must be so excited about seeing DH. Travel safely and look after yourself.

Lynn - It probably will be quiet in here over the weekend but I will be around - better than noone LOL. Thanks for your message yesterday, it means alot to me that I have so much support We do have the kids this weekend so hopefully they will share their chocolate with me They go home to their mum at 2 on Sunday. Our house plans are still in the same spot at the moment, we have an appointment with the builder at 2.30 on Monday to go over what we want in the house and work out the price and then it all comes down to whether we get the mortage or not, I really hope so I have gotten pretty excited about it. As we all know though I usually fall flat on my face so wont get them up too high. I hope you are well, it will be a tough day with your friends. What ages are the kids? I hope there are no babies cause that could be tricky, I always find babies harder to handle than kids. Do you know if the easter bunny is going to visit you (i.e. DH)? I know he is visiting me and I am hoping for the Mars pack. If you are not around I hope you have a nice weekend.

Spring - Wow you MIL sounds like a PITA bad! How did your phone call go? I think what you were going to say was great, fine I understand you have to make it a little easier on DH but there is no way you should be forced to play happy families. I am civil and polite to my FIL for everyone elses sake but thats it - deep down I have no time for him whatsoever! I dont know if I missed something in one of your previous posts but I take it you are going away for the weekend - have a wonderful time, enjoy your time with DH and dont stress about anyone else. I hope you make sure lil Spring gets lots of chocolate for easter

Deb - You will be in for a big easter. I hope your kids share with you. You will be away over easter too I think.

Hi to all of you other lovely ladies, hopefully some of you will be around over the weekend - if not have a great one.

Well better go get ready, when DH comes home we will be taking them to Pancake Parlour (only for their sake of course LOL) and then taking them to a train museum in Williamstown tomorrow. All three of them love trains and seeing as DH was working all week and they were spending the time with me we thought it would be nice to take them somewhere special with all of us and he can spend some quality time with them because they wont be with us again for another 3 weeks after Sunday.

Anyway I will be back later no doubt. Have a nice Good Friday.

Love Mel

~ HAPPY 6 MONTH BIRTHDAY HARRISON ~

You deserve a special post all of your own, I hope you have a nice day wherever you are and that you watch over your Mummy, Daddy and little brother or sister and help them get through today. Give Nicholas a big for me.

My love to you all :hugs:,

Mel

kirsty Guest

Hi ladies, remember me???

I am just popping in quickly to say that I was diagnosed with antiphospholipid syndrome earlier this year & we were given the medical go ahead to be able to TTC in late Feb. Suprise, suprise we fell first go, we discovered we were pregnant smack bang in the middle of our angel boys anniversaries on March 24th (which I think is really special) & I am now 6wks pregnant & due in December. I started low dose (100mg) aspirin 5 days ago & also self administered 40mg Clexane injections. Got our fingers crossed tightly that all goes well this time around & December sees us deliver a healthy bubs.

Wishing everyone much success in their journeys

Kirsty - welcome back! I was wondering where you had gone. Congrats on your pregnancy. I hope it all goes well and that you are holding your special little miracle very soon. I think it is very special that you found out between your angels birthdays

Mel - sounds like you had a nice day on Thursday. I know what you mean about feeling guilty for laughing - I do the same thing. I'm sure Nicholas was happy to see his mummy laughing and happy - you do deserve this I hope you get lots of chocolate over the weekend! We don't really do the Easter thing and hand out eggs so I don't think the easter bunny will be visiting my house. I don't need it anyway! That is so exciting about your house! I really want to build a new house but with everything going on with me at the moment we can't. Not sure how long this TTC journey is going to take, plus the cost with all the meds and treatment. We are currently in a single storey house and DH thinks it would be easier to have babies in a single storey house because you are always going to check on them - he might have something here! We will probably build a two storey house next so maybe we will wait a few years (hopefully not too long!!!!) Email me through the floor plan and facade of the house if you can - I would love to have a look. I used to work for a builder so I know the whole process of building. I hope you enjoy it, some people do and some don't. But I think you will. No there will be no babies tonight. The kids are 4 1/2, 2 and 16 months. I have seen them all since I had Cooper but not all together and I guess it will be hard because we will be the only ones there without a child There is no way that I would be able to see babies. I don't even look when I go to the shops - it is like I have blinkers on. There seems to be pregnant woman and prams everywhere but I just look elsewhere.
    How was pancake parlour? How awesome does that sound! I don't think we have them here. Have fun today at the train museum. I am going shopping today with my big sister. She is down from Brisbane this weekend so it will be good to catch up.

Jo - hope you aren't too bored. It must be hard trying to keep busy with a quiet house!

Hope everyone is enjoying their looooooooooong weekend!

OMG!!! big huge congrats to you Kirsty.I hope you have a very happy and healthy 8months. That is so exciting. Well done you.
    Hope everyone is enjoying there Easter break, adn not eating too many chocolatessssssssssss!! yeah right I am...hehe.
    Im still waiting for AF, I thought she would be here by now, but just teasing me I think. Way too scared to do a test. Im cd32, and am normally a 28/29 at the latest girl. O well maybe just hiding. My boobies are a little sore, but not too much to get excitied about, and I did a test on day 27 and got a BFN! surely if I was that would have had a faint line or something. O well, what to do!!!???
    have a great one everyone.

Hi Girls

Just poped in for a quick on to wish you all a wonderful easter hope you all get lots of chocie eggs! Sorry I havnt been around DS on holidays and we are now having easter day here!!!! So Im off now to make meringue baskets and a banana cake for after lunch. So once again HAPPY EASTER I hope you can share it your loved ones.

Lots of peace and love Nat xxx

Kristy A great big congrates on your little bubba I hope all progress fast and smooth! best wishes and welcome back. keep in touch and let me know how all is going

Oh and Bailey I hope you are having a wonderful time xxxxx

Hi everyone,

Chelle - Maybe it would be worth doing another test now? If you are usually a CD28/29 girl and it is now CD32 and you are starting to get sore (.)(.).... well you never know. I know I have always thought that you would at least get a faint line by CD27 the other girls here have been telling me that it is possible to not get anything until after AF is due. Anyway, if you have the tests at home it cant hurt. If time keeps going by with BFNs and no AF it might be worth seeing your dr. for you.

Lynn - I sent you an email How did you go today? Did you have fun shopping? Hope you bought something to spoil yourself with. Did you catch up with your friends? I hope it wasnt too rough. I know what you mean about not needing easter eggs, but I just cant help myself!

Nat - Meringue baskets... yum! How good are you cooking and doing a big easter sunday! We are that slack, the most effort I have put in is gone to Baker's Delight and bought some hot cross buns for breakfast LOL (oh and I got the choccie ones for me cause I dont like the normal ones ). I hope you have a nice day tomorrow and that the easter bunny is good to your DS.

Kirsty - Congratulations I wish you all the best for a H&H pregnancy.

Hi to everyone else, hope you are having a good one. I am going to play a game on here because DH is watching the footy - man I hate footy!

Love Mel

Ladies, am sorry I missed wishing the anniversaries for your precious angels, but heres a belated one

Mel - Happy 7 month birthday Nicholas
    Bailey - Happy 5 month birthday Asha.
    Spring: Happy 6 month birthday Harrison

Thinking of all you special bb ladies (not just those mentioned above), we are all in the same position at the moment our first easters without our angels, may they watch over you and keep you safe at this time.

Hey everyone!

Chelle - I agree with Mel. You should do a test. If you are usually a 28 day girl, then you could have a nice Easter surprise

Nat - how has today gone. You have probably been very busy with lots of people at your place. Wow meringue baskets - they sound yummy!

Mel - Hope you had a fun day today with the kids and got lots of chocolate! I didn't think I was getting any because we don't usually do the Easter thing and my mum surprised me and came over with a chocolate bilby - yummo!

Spring - I think you are back tonight. I hope you had a great time away and that the wedding was fun! Let us know about your weekend when you get back.

Deb - I hope you had a great time away too. Would love to hear all about it.

Bailey - not sure if you are able to check in but have been thinking about you and wondering if you got your BFP????? It must have been great to see your DH.

Klee - how are you going? Hope you are doing 'ok'

Hi to Jo and tommysmum - hope you are enjoying your easter weekend.

Hi all
    O yes Nat I agree with all the other ladies, meringue baskets, yuuumy!Hope you had a lovely easter day>

Yep mel, my DH is the same, have to go on the computer thats if the kids are not hogging it, or go watch TV in another room....My older 3 are awy with there dad on his big boat. They come back tomorrow. Oh I can hardly wait....so I get the PC any time I want at the mo!! that will change in under 24 hours..have to make the most of it.
    Heya Lynn, how you doing, hope you had a lovely easter..

Well today is now 33 still no sign, cramping as settled..not sure what to think, boobies are still tender... I may test tommorow I think. I have just told Dh that it hasnt turned up and Im not really sure what to make of it... He thought I had got it when Id said, but had to tell him I just thought it was still coming, you know how it just feels like it is, so I said it was on its way just thinking that it would, but.. well just crazy(scratches her head!)My little mr 3yr old is pretty bored with the others being away, he cant wait till they get home, so we been playn loads of ninja turtle stuff!! yah...o well, must go and check out other BB news
    big Hi to all you other Holiday peoples for when you gt back...Im off next week. Cant wait.

Hi Girls,

Klee - I hope today was ok for you, you are right it is our first Easter without our bubs I hope today was ok for you and you have gotten through

Lynn - Bonus on the bilby Im glad you got some chocolate, you deserve it.

Hey to everyone else, hope you had a nice easter day and the easter bunny spoilt you.

I am not 100% well today (really bad head cold, nothing too serious) so I havent tucked into my choccie yet, but lets face it its only a matter of time

Love Mel

Oh Chelle - I dont want to get your hopes up but you should definitely do a test in the morning!!!! I remember when I was pregnant with Nicholas I felt like AF was coming from what I think is the day I conceived. We were going on a holiday to the Gold Coast and I remember whinging to a friend for a whole week or so that I thought I was going to have AF while away, she didnt show and about 4 days after we got back (3 days overdue) I tested and what do you know....

Anyway, I will keep for you and will keep an eye out tomorrow for what I hope will be a announcement.

Mel

Hey Girls

Well we just got home, totally exhausted but it was so nice to have some time away together. I have read through all the posts but will wait to do personals in the morning so that I can make sure I get everyone.

I'll update you on the MIL situation, Friday's call was a disaster. She refused to admit that not calling for 6 months was wrong, and said she would not be saying sorry for upsetting me because she had done nothing wrong. Even on Harry's 6 month birthday, she couldn't get off her high horse long enough to be sorry that I was upset, regardless of whether she thought she had done anything wrong.

She is pathetic really, spent most of it screaming at me about how nice a person she is ... yeah, go figure. I didn't raise my voice once, I was very respectful but also said what I wanted to say. She was acting like a spoilt little child and I kept telling her, if you continue to scream at me I will be hanging up the phone. She is so used to getting her own way that when I refused to give in to her, or to fight back, she got her knickers in a knot. DH heard the whole conversation, and said that I had done my best to resolve the situation and that it was up to her to grow the heck up and realise how stupid she is being. He said he was very proud of me for keeping my cool and not telling her to get F'ed.To be honest though, after the way she spoke to me and the way she conducted herself, I almost pity the fact that she is the way she is.

I basically said to her, look lets just agree to disagree and move foward, I am upset and disapointed but I am willing to move forward and start afresh. Well that wasn't good enough for her, and she kept trying to pick at me, she had the nerve to tell me that she thought I needed to see a counsellor, I just replied to her ' I have a wonderful husband, family and friends who are looking out for me so I would prefer if you didn't try to provide advice on things that you have no idea about.' She even told me 'I know how you feel, I have lost people close to me', That is when I almost lost my cool, I said to her you have no idea, you will never have any idea how I feel so don't be stupid enough to pretend, that is insulting to me and to your son....

It really got heated when I told her to stop bring Matt into this situation. She has been calling him bawling her eyes out to him. She even told him that my email was abusive. Now you girls saw my email, I don't think anyone would think it was abusive. If you want abusive honey, I'll give it to you!!!!!! It is weird though, when I was speaking to her she swore black and blue that she hadn't read the email, a liar to boot!!!. Anyway, when I told her to stop trying to get Matt involved she screamed at me 'You can't tell me not to call my son', I said, that I didn't say that and that what I said was that not to involve him in petty childish issues as he has more important things to worry about (he has been losing sleep over this). Anyway, she than promptly said that nothing was more important that her being upset and it all became clear to me, she is a pathetic cow who doesn't consider anyone else than herself.

She concluded the conversation by asking which hotel we were staying in Adeliade because she wanted to tell all Matt's cousins, I told her that we were going away to have a break and if we wanted to catch up with family we would contact them ourselves and that it wasn't her place to be organising our weekend. She once again got angry that I wouldn't tell he the name of the hotel but I really don't care. DH didn't want all and sundry fronting up a the hotel anyway.

The last thing that has been making me really angry is a conversation she had with DH a few nights ago that started this whole saga. DH's dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer about a year ago, and in August of last year, DH flew to Melbourne to look after his dad for a few days when he was having a really important operation. My stupid MIL gave DH the biggest guilt trip about being in Melbourne for three whole days and not seeing her (they are divorced). She bought it up just totally out of the blue...... He was there because his Dad had cancer you stupid cow!!!!! How dare she give him a guilt trip for wanting to take care of his Dad. It is just really bothering me, I want to ring her and tell her to wake up to herself, but I really think she is slightly insane and can not be reasoned with.

Anyway, I just realised this post is becoming a novel so I will stop whinging now. Any advice on what to do about her is welcome. I just want to forget about her but DH is upset that it has all gone sour. Don't get me wrong, he knows his mum is at fault, but I want at least get rid of the tension for his sake. He is such a sweetie, he said the other night, boy I hope I am adopted. I have been raised to always show respect to people and not to stoop to their level, but this woman is testing my paitence and I am about to loose it all togther and tell her she is not welcome in our home, I am so close to cutting all ties. I am going to call my Mum and tell her the whole story tomorrow night, Mum is a very calm person who always gives great advice but after telling her what has happened, I think even she will want to tell my MIL to jump off a cliff.

Anyway, I'll pop in in the morning to do personals.

Thanks for listening girls, I really needed to get it all out.

Big love.
    Lv Spring

Hey Spring,

First of all, to you for Harrison's 6 month birthday on Friday, I was thinking of you. I am so sorry your MIL made it worse than it already would have been

Is your MIL for real? She sounds like an absolute nut job! To be perfectly honest, from the sound of it you are not going to win with this woman. Unfortunately the world is loaded with self-absorbed people who think everything is about them - you know, the ME ME ME people. I am sorry she is putting you through this, I admire the fact that you still want to keep the piece but really what more can you do? Basically it seems if you dont tell her yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir she is never going to come around so really bugger her! I know she is your DHs mother but you are also his wife and the mother of his children, and on top of that you have done your best to calm things down only to be attacked again by her. How dare she make you feel the way you do! You and DH have been through a living nightmare, you now have something to celebrate in your life and to feel happy about (lil Spring) but yet you are spending your time worrying about her. Dont do it anymore, no more worrying about her, you worry about growing a beautiful little brother or sister (although I still bet brother) for Harrison and also worry about keeping your marriage happy and being there for each other. MIL is always going to be there because she is DHs mother but that doesnt mean you have to like her, leave the ball in her court, if she wants to be involved in her son and grandchilds life then she needs to learn to grow up and get over herself. Until this happens I am sorry to say you are fighting a losing battle.

Dont allow her to stress you out like this, she is not what is important in life.

I will say though that you are a better person than me, I would have told her to [email protected]@K OFF and hung up in her ear!!!!

To finish off, I am glad you still managed to have a nice weekend away with DH - you guys dont get alot of time together so it is important to enjoy the time you do get.

Take care,

Lots of love Mel

P.S. Dont let your DH see this, he will think I am a [email protected]@@h!
    Last edited by Mel1977; April 8th, 2007 at 10:46 PM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast