... 101819202122 ...

thread: 10wks pg with twins need some advice

Jun 2008
    Adelaide

Smile

Good Evening ladies,

Bella I soooooo feel for you it is so it is so hard to get around from now on I wished I could have 4 baths a day while I was in hossy and sore pelvic floor ouch. I think you are doing everything you can now to get through it a massage and hydro pool sound fantistic. Im glad your boys are doing well 200g between the 2 isnt to bad. Try and keep you feet up while you can, my feet looks like ballons now and it is impossible for me to put them up now. I will keep popping to check up on you.

Jen yah they are out that is fantastic no more going to the hossy everyday.

Bug6 that is a terrible thing to have happen to you im so sorry to hear that welcome to this thread.

AFM Thanks for your congrats. They boys are doing great they have both moved to the last room before they come home the paed is thinking they may come home in the next 1-2 weeks depending on how they breastfeed they have already past their birth weight. I am still trying to get my milk supply up it taking it time but I will keep trying.

Hope everyone is doing well and I will keep popping in.

Apr 2008
    melbourne

Great to hear from you azz. Glad to hear the boys are doing well. Take care of yourself during this difficult time - are you at home?

AFM - off for my pregnancy massage today - god i hope it helps! 5 weeks and 1 day to go he he!!!!

xxBella

Random Act of Kindness Recipient
    Add Baby Dreamtime on Facebook

Jul 2008
    Gold Coast

Hi twin mummies and mummies to be,

Hope everyone is doing well.

Bella, Yay to know a date for a planned induction, I am hoping to get to 36 weeks too. I hope you are tracking along ok. I can't imagine how you are feeling with your back, so many things to look forward to 'not'. The hydro pool sounds great, and same with the pregnancy massage.

Azz, congrats again, so glad to hear all is going well with your boys, and 1 - 2 weeks will fly by until you can bring them home. Just curious, how long does it normally take for your milk to come in? So do you supplement with formula until then? Are you getting colostrum? I am really keen to give breastfeeding a good go and have been trying to read all I can.

Jen, woo hoo, so great to hear you have the boys home. Now the fun begins, hope it is all going well and you are resting when you can.

Bug, I am so sorry to hear your story, welcome to BB and I hope you can find the support you need here.

Argon, have read your posts and am learning lots from you. It might sound a little weird but I am trying not to think too much about post birth, just going into this with some positive expectations, and will deal with what ever comes my way. I am so keen to breastfeed but don't want to put too much pressure on myself. Am thinking about joining the ABA, has anyone done that?

Kezzabird, hope you are going well too. Will spend some time to catch up with where you are at.

Hi Ausgirl, Hi everyone else.

AFM, I am feeling really good, have lots of movement now, which only started about a week ago. I must admit I was feeling a little nervous about not feeling anything sooner, for some reason I thought with twins it might happen sooner. They are really making up for lost time, there is a party in my belly for two at the moment.

Has anyone joined their multiple birth association? I joined the Gold Coast branch about a month ago but am having all sorts of issues getting in touch with them or getting anyone to call me back. I am hoping to do their new parents intro night and to meet some other twin mums.

DH are working on renovating the house, we are hoping to put it on the market after New Year, I am a little worried about the timing and possibly moving but will have to wait and see what happens. I am so excited we have almost finished the nursery, just waiting on some wall decals and a new 2 seater lounge and we are done, it is lovely, even has a pretty chandelier on a dimmer switch with very low light. Though considering we may sell, there is a possibility that we won't even get to put the girls in, and will have to duplicate where ever we end up.

I have been googling lots about weight gain, so far I have put on 6kgs and am happy with that, am aiming for a minimum of 15kgs, which I am sure will come, and am definitely eating to my hearts content .

So... nothing too exciting for me, just plodding along. Belly rubs to all xx

Apr 2008
    melbourne

Hello lovely ladies,

Well it's very quiet in here - ha ha - you all must be so busy with your beautiful twins!!!

I will continue to post so if your lurking do try to jump on in!!!!!!

BDT - Don't get to focused on weight gain (number) some very good advice i received once from Jen i think!!! It s not a good prediction of baby growth. I myself have finally hit 20kg and my ob is very happy with that - they don't weigh me ever and it was me who mentioned it they don't care about my weight gain just the gains of my boys!!!

Azz - hope the boys are doing great - hows the feeding going?

Hello to Jen, argon, kezza and ausgirl.

AFM - my back has been feeling so much better since my massage next one booked for thur so can't wait! I have finally almost almost finished packing - god it's an ordeal!!! It's just so hard to know what to take as everything is unknown - what will they fit into, will they go to SCN, will i need to top up bottle feed or not?????? Anyway i am packing everything plus the kitchen sink and i'm sure down the track i will laugh at how insignificant worrying about it was!!!
    Feeling pretty good - have scan and appt on Friday and am hoping they will book a date for my induction.

Take care everyone and give all my cyber neices and nephews lots of kisses!!!!!!

xxBella

Jan 2009
    Tasmania

Hello ladies CONGRATS to Azz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry not been on here for ages, but yes life is bloody busy with twinnys!!

I have to share this book with all you lovely ladies it's bloody brilliant and I wish I found it before I had the girls but it's still very relevant now. It's called Save our Sleep by Tizzie Hall, I cannot praise this book enough it's a life saver. Lucky for us we already had the girls going through the night before I bought this book, but as you may or may not know babies sometimes fall back to waking up in the night and this book explains how to get them back to their routine. It also has a twin section and has info on weaning too, bloody fantastic, it all makes a lot of sense. Tizzie Hall is a baby whisperer and she explains how to listen to your baby for certain cries and to read their body language etc and has suggested schedules for sleeping, feeding and play time, and you can adjust them to your specific needs, for example if you have older children and you need to do the school run as I do. I bought the book yesterday and I couldn't put it down, it's just brilliant it has all the info that other baby books leave out or are a bit foggy with.

Bella glad to hear that you are still ticking along nicely, don't stress too much over the bag thing, as long as the babies have vests and sleep suits and LOTS of nappies and wipes all you need to worry about it what you need to take for yourself, the hospital should provide formula if they need it, unless of course you want them to go onto a specific formula. I would make sure you pack some lavender oil, it's great for relaxing you and babies and also for washing your sore bits as it has antibacterial and healing properties too, great stuff.

Anyway I have washing to hang out AGAIN!!! So I'd better be off, take care lovely ladies

Apr 2008
    melbourne

Hello ladies,

Just a quick update - had scan and appt today - all great still some growth discordance but less than 2 weeks ago - fluid around each baby and cord blood flow perfect. Plan is still induction at 36weeks BUT twin 1 has dropped heaps and they have said i may not make it to induction and may go into labour naturally!!
    I thought they may have dropped given the intense pelvic pressure i get in particular when walking!

Hope everyone is travelling along well. Take care.

xxBella

Jul 2008
    Gold Coast

Hi everyone,

Bella I am doubling up but just wanted to say again great news re both bubs and glad it is all going well. I know re weight gain, I am in now way trying to minimise my food intake in fact DH is amazed at what I can pack away. Didn't I read somewhere that you get to a stage where the babies squish your stomach and you can't eat as much. Certainly hasn't happened to me yet lol. My midwife does weigh me every 4 weeks before my OB appointment but she is happy with the gain, and both bubs are perfect size wise so all is good.

Kezzabird, great to hear the book is good, I have it on hold/order from the local library and just waiting for my turn. Do you have any other recommendations for twin books. How are you two lovely girls going? We are having fun decorating the nursery, I have pink but haven't gone over the top so as to not overwhelm DH. I ended up getting him a second hand bugaboo nappy bag on ebay for $50, it is black and beige, very manly looking, he is happy with that .

Hi to everyone else. I have booked my antenatal class for week 28 and 29, I should be pretty safe with this yes? The midwife said that any earlier is too early, and if we have them before 34 weeks it all goes out the window anyway.

Has anyone joined their local multiple birth association? What about the ABA? Any thoughts?

Hi to everyone else, xx

Jan 2009
    Tasmania

Baby Dreamtime I take it you're expecting girls if you've painted the nursery Pink. I was thinking about putting the girls clothes that they have grown out of on Ebay, there are a lot of matching outfits all immaculate, was just wondering if you'd be interested in buying a job lot off me? I haven't sorted them all out yet, I will get around to it eventually! If you're interested PM me your email and I'll take photo's and send them to you, you can check them out before I put them on Ebay if you like.

As for the book, I'd buy your own copy if I were you, it's like a bible you will want to refer to it again and again. It has soooo much information, it's brill. I also have another good book called TWINS by Katrina Bowman and Louise Ryan, again you will want your own copy it's another one of those ones you'll want to refer to again and again. I read it over and over when I was pregnant, as I know how hungry for information you are especially when you are expecting twins.

I have joined the Tasmanian AMBA, they send you newsletters and info on all things multiple. You also get discounts at certain online stores. They usually have meetings or coffee mornings and Playgroups and such like, but I haven't managed to get to one yet. There was a coffee morning just this week, but was canceled due to illness, I was a bit disappointed as they only have it once a month.

The girls are doing great by the way, the first 3 months were mad, I thought I was going to go insane what with all the night feeds and tiredness and figuring out why they were crying etc etc. Plus Jennifer was born with a slight club foot and we had appointment after appointment and trying to get to them on time was really hard. But they don't cry as much now and are starting to do some babbling and smiling, it is really lovely and soooo special to have two little faces looking at you and smiling with big wide eyes:-)) I don't mind the comments made to me out in the street now, as I am not as stressed these days. But those first few months when you are knackered, drained and depressed and some smart ass says "oooh twins! I bet their hard work!" you really feel like punching them in the face!!! lol But you will find that out for yourselves anyway! But I can safely say to you, there is light at the end of the tunnel after those first few months are out of the way things get a lot better. I am enjoying my babies so much now, my precious little angels :-)

I hope everyone else is ok, thinking of you Azz and your precious little bundles, I hope things are going well for you and that you are being looked after.

Jul 2008
    Gold Coast

Hi Kezzabird,
    YES, we have two girls on the way, getting really excited about it. Thanks so much for the offer, would love it if you could email me with what you have. When you are ready, my email is marketingatoutrigger.com.au (it's my work email - I am on leave for 10 days from the 30th Oct - we are going to Fiji - yay).

Will take your advice re the books and get my own copies, thanks for that.

I joined the Gold Coast MBA a month or so ago, but their communication is not the best. Apparently they have a once a month new parent introduction night to talk about what it is like with multiples, next one is this coming Tue night but I have no information yet and will have to chase them again. Sigh .

So glad to hear the girls are going well, DH and I just can't wait, though have no illusions about how hard it is going to be, we are up for the challenge lol. My SIL just had triplets, so it has to be easier than that right? But that just means no complaining to my MIL about how hard it is .

Hope everyone else is well xx

Jan 2009
    Tasmania

OMG I don't even want to think about the work involved with Triplets, yay when they are over the first few months though, wow that must be mind blowing having 3 babies looking at you with smiley faces!! I do know that a lady has joined Tassie AMBA who is expecting triplets, but don't know how she's going yet. How old are they now? Have you been involved much with them? It would be good practice for you! Yay for Fiji!!! That is one of my regrets actually, not getting a holiday in before the bubs came you are very lucky.

Are you on Facebook? if so click on my Facebook Link on my signature and pop me a friend request, be sure to let me know who you are though. I have loads of pictures on there of the girls. Bugger can't seem to get smileys to work!!! Grrr Ok have made a note of your email, will make an effort to sort out the clothes this week.

Take it easy lemon squeezy!!

Jun 2008
    Adelaide

Smile

Hi Ladies,
    whaoo everyone is so busy.

Bella im glad you have another pg twin mummy in here to play with (BDT) Im happy to hear your little boys are doing great I hope you make it to 36 weeks even f they have to go to SCN it wont be for long and you can get things sorted before you get home. Now a big tip for you straight after you have the boys or when you feel up to it ask your midwife to show you how to express or pop the boys on if you can, try and express 3-4 hourly the sooner you start the easier it will be for you and your bubs. A breastfeeding pillow makes it alot easier. Have you joine the AMBA yet, they are great I have hired a double breast pump through them. I think thats all I have. I hope you are relaxing and your sleep isn't getting interrupted by sore hips and back. I cant believe you are 32 weeks you are nearly there.

BDT if you have a c-section you milk may take a little longer to come in 4-5 days if you babies a premmie then that could prolong it as well but once you have had you girls getexpressing as soon as. first you may have to hand express then use a pump once your milk has come in. Isn't it fun when you start your nursery hope your not don't to much and dont forget to relax.

Kezza I was thinking of getting that book. I have sent you a friend request for facebook I haven'tpopped any photos of the boys on there yet but I wil soon.

AFM I am now in a parent unit not sure if you have heard of it but it is were parents can go if their babies are doig well in SCN and you can take them home early. They show you how to tube feed and CPR for 2 days and then you take them home and a midwife comes to your house everyday for 3 days to weigh them and make sure you are doing then right thing then they come every 3 days to change their tubes. The more breasfeeds we can do the sooner their tubes come out. I can't wait for DD to meet them she still isn't alowed in the nursery. This Sunday is the day can't wait.

I will pop back in once I get settled and check on my belly belly twin mummies

Jul 2008
    Gold Coast

Hi lovely twin mummies,

Just a quick one from me today, promise I will be back with more but I am off for 10 nights in Fiji tomorrow (lucky me! lol) and should really be getting all this work done rather than be on BB.

Azz, so glad to hear all is going well and that you will have the chance to bring them home earlier.

Kezzabird, your girls are just divine. Yes, triplets, who would have thought. She fell pregnant first month off the pill, first month trying. They were born in July so almost 4 months now, they are super cute, but hard work, unfortunately they live in Canberra so we have only had a few days with them on a quick visit. My MIL has moved down to live with them so she has lots of help.

Bella, how are you tracking, hope all is well, will catch up when I am back.

Hi to everyone else xx

Apr 2008
    melbourne

Hi twin mummies and mums to be!

Well this thread has certainly slowed I am lurking every other day so please if you have 2min drop in and tell me what your up to and leave any little tips!!!!!

Azz - you should be home now - i hope everything is going well and the boys are growing nicely.

BDT - hope your having fun in the sun in Fiji - so jel!

AFM - Still waiting. Had my baby shower last weekend which was wonderful but very tiring! But since then i had a burst of energy and have done all the finishing touches on the nursery bags are fully packed and the house is clean!! Although the last 2 days have me tired again ive only just got up after going back to bed at 10am for another nap this morning!!!!
    About to take the dog for a small walk - i am just doing what i need to now as they have said they are happy for bubs to come anytime. So at most i have 3 weeks but we will see - i'm really hoping i go into labour naturally but it's also doing my head in as i read into every sign - waiting waiting!!! Scan Wednesday and appt Friday this week.

Take care everyone and i'll keep you all posted.

xxBella

Jan 2009

Bella, glad to hear all is going well with the bubs - not long to go now!

Jan 2009
    Tasmania

Hey Bella, I still check to see who's posted now that it's slowed down a little, it's easier to keep up with now! Glad to hear you are doing well, I hope you got some nice pressies at your baby shower It sounds like your all set now, all you need is two babies and you're all sorted

Nothing much to report here, the girls are doing fantastic sleeping from 7pm to 7am, so can't grumble at that! They are smiling and babbling it's just sooo special to have two of them doing it at the same time. I'm just in the middle of doing dinner so better get back to it!

Hope everyone else is ok.

Much love
    the Kezza
    xxx

Jun 2008
    Adelaide

Smile

Hi Ladies,

Im still lurking to but everytime I get ready to post, someone is hungry or needs a cuddle.

Bella hope you get some great pressies. whaoo 33w3d my gosh you must be feeling it by now I had the boys at 33w4d. You are doing so well I can't beleive you want to take the dog for a walk I didn't want to walk any where at that stage. Hows your boys sizes going.
    I still think about you and wonder how you are going. Not long now

HI kezza I got your little note glad to hear your girls are doing great they are so cute.

AFM Boys are doing great their tubes came out on friday they look so cute. We are getting into a routine my DH has gone back to work today so trying to do everything by myself so far so good. They 2 rockers have come in handy especially around feeding time. I have also decided to do bottle feeding now as my milk supply is low even with medication.

Well best be off I will keep popping in

Apr 2008
    melbourne

Hi everyone,

Just popping in quickly - i had my scan today growth diff 500g twin 1 was 2.4 and twin 2 was 1.9 we have to wait for our appt with the doc on Friday but as twin 2 seems to be tapering i wouldn't be suprised if they want to get them out since i will have reached 34weeks - but we will wait and see.

Will update on Friday

Take care

xxbella

barney Guest

oh bella youve done so well already hun ill be thinking of you friday

... 101819202122 ...