... 67891018 ...

thread: 10wks pg with twins need some advice

Apr 2008
    melbourne

Hi everyone,

Sorry i have been MIA again - i do read and keep up with you all alot i just don't seem to always have time to post!

Azza - thats great the ob doesn't seem to concerned - i hope everything settles down i will be thinking of you Tuesday. Darwin warm weather - i'm jelous!!!

Kezza - oh my god you are making me nervous I feel so big already i can't begin to imagine how stretched to the limit you must be i'm a bigger person but am really feeling it particularily if i'm really inactive and laze around my lower back pain and sciatica really plays up. I'm sure if you continue to feel so bad you could try to go back to your ob earlier and beg for induction! Take care hun and try to keep your feet up. xx

Argon - Welcome we love having new people to join and share stories! Hope your cold goes away quickly rest up.

Big hello to everyone else - look after yourselves. xx

AFM - Well i'm traveling along well - on night shifts atm which is taking away any extra energy i had! I am looking at finishing work at 24 weeks so kinda begining the count down 9 weeks 3 days to go which = 31 more shifts
    I am now 14 weeks 5 days have next scan on Friday which we are praying we will be able to find out the sex - when did everyone else be able to know (obviously excluding those who found out by CVS) by scan? I am getting huge - but i am loving it atm i know i will regret saying that but hey! Still not feeling movements but still get stretching pains intermittently today they have been really unhappy and are giving me grief left lower side.

Take care everyone and i will endevour to post after my scan on Friday.

xxBella

Jan 2009
    Tasmania

Hey Bella, glad to hear you're enjoying your pregnancy back ache aside. We found out the sex at 20 weeks, but they wouldn't give us a 100% positive on it. I waited till the next scan I think at 24 weeks until I went mad with the pink!!! Good luck with the scan and don't work too hard!

Mar 2005
    Brisbane

Kezza - hang in there! Those last weeks are really tough but the longer you can keep those girls in there, the easier it will be for you all when they arrive. (I know you know that - I think it just helps to have reassurance that those last, tough weeks will end!) My girls were born at 37 weeks 3 days and I was so lucky to be able to take them home from hospital with me. The pain is worth it if you can avoid special care for those bubs! Having said that, I can well remember telling my husband that I couldn't face another night being pregnant and that the babies had better come NOW because I'd had enough! You can do it - not long now!

Bella - hooray for the work countdown! I don't know how anyone works a physical, up-on-your-feet kind of a job in the last stages of pregnancy. I feel for you!

Argon - Welcome! hope TTTS stays away for you. Sorry to hear you are unwell. Being sick in pregnancy stinks. I too had an awful cough when I was pg with my twins and I think it contributed to my (ouchy!) abdominal muscle separation (which still hasn't healed 13 months on!). So do what you can to protect those poor, strained tummy muscles when you cough.

Azz - glad your OB isn't too concerned about the fluid. Hopefully things continue to be good. ENjoy Darwin! We were just up there in May at the start of the dry season. the weather was beautiful! I could do with a bit of that northern sunshine to dry my laundry right now!

Hobbes - eep - 7! You're going to get so tired of the 'you've got your hands full' comments!! Sounds like you're going to have 4 little ones for a good while. HOpefully you'll have some willing helpers in your teenagers?

Jen - hope the pelvic pain isn't getting too much worse. yuck!

We're a house full of sick girls around here. Snotty colds for all three little girls and me as well. I am learning that life with 3 small children is very very rarely illness free. Oh to all be well and healthy again! Needless to say, DH is keeping his distance from all of us so I am on nose-wiping duty alone! Off for a hot shower, fluffy dressing gown and mug of tea. goodnight all!

Feb 2009
    Brisbane

Hi everyone

My pelvis is finally getting better! Hoorah. Hopefully I'll be back at work in a week or so (not that I love my job that much, but I just don't want to 'go out on a low' if you know what I mean. i only wish I didn't have to go back at all!).

Kezz - argh!!!! You're so so so close. Best of luck and think - so soon you'll be meeting your little darlings. How exciting!

Bella - we found out the sexes at 18 weeks 6 days. I have read though that it is possible to tell from about 15 weeks onwards. So fingers crossed for you! Make sure you let us know!

Big hello to everyone else - still on much shortened sitting stints!!

Take care and have a lovely weekend.

Jen

Mar 2005
    Brisbane

oh Bella - forgot to say - My ob used to do a scan at each appointment - it wasn't very high resolution or anything - just to check heart beats. At about 12 weeks he told me he could take a guess at the sex and said it looked like 2 girls but emphasised it was a guess only. He was right though. So if your babies cooperate you just might get to find out what flavour you've got. Generally they can tell the sex pretty accurately at the morphology scan (usually 18-22 weeks)

Jun 2008
    Adelaide

Smile

Good Afternoon twin mummies,

Bella Ihope those babies of yours don't move around to much for you so you can see what sex they are and yah for that finishing time of work it gives you something to look forward after those night shifts. glad to hear everything is travelling on nicely with you and bubs. Can't wait to hear about your scan.

Jenc glad to hear your plevis pain is getting better do you have a tummy brace. I got 1 with first pg and it was great it helped me with the weight of my tummy. I wear it now and again when my back is starting to hurt. It feels like someone is walking around with you holding your belly up. I got mine from a pg physio.

Argon it does sound like we are going through the similar thing. Their bladder and heart beats are perfect for their size just got to try and get my amniotic fluid up for little bub there is enough fluid in there but not as much as the big one. Got another scan on tuesday to check fluid plus they are going to do my 20 week scan at the sametime, they said it will take about 1 and half hours my poor bladder. I reacon after each scan I sit on the toilet for about 5 mins it feels so long sorry TMI Are your twins natrual or IVF? I hope everythig runs smoothly for you and your bubs.

Hannah my DD has a cold as well you feel so sorry for them cause they can't just get up and blow there nose for some relief and they and their little voices sound so funny poor little girls. Hope they feel better soon oh and of cause you to

Kezza 2 more weeks seem so far away hopefully your little bubs are ready to come before then. I have everything crossed for you.

MBP haha I have been there just trying to find my way around not sure where you are hiding.

It great to hear everyone is travelling on nicely and waiting for our babies to ripen

Apr 2008
    melbourne

Hello everyone,

Just a very quick one from me...... We had our scan today we are having two very happy and healthy looking BOYS!!!!!!!! DH is so excited as am i. The fluid levels are great and they are both measuring within days of each other and perfect sizes for dates... we are very very happy.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxBellaxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jan 2009
    Tasmania

Fanbloody tastic news Bella!!!

I had another scan today, they are both head down, one measuring 4lb9oz and one measuring 4lb7oz. I went and hired a Tens machine today too for the next 2 weeks, after that the hospital will give me a Tens machine free of charge anyway. So hoping to go drug free for as long as possible. I must be bloody mad!!!

Jun 2008
    Adelaide

Thats Fantasic Bella Boys whaooo

Kezza great sizes

Mar 2009

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. It's nice to have found a twins forum with some action and such a great bunch of mummies at various stages!

Fantastic news about your boys bella. We found out we were having girls early on through CVS, but my sonographer usually comments on how "girly" they are looking when I go in for scans. Most times they'll do a perfect little flash of their privates for us! Hannah - very impressive work by your OB getting it right at 12 weeks!!

Azz - that's great that the bladder and hearts are perfect. I know that I always feel reassured by the visible bladders. My twins are natural, so it was a bit of a surprise for us, but so fantastic, I feel so lucky, especially since I've always wanted to have two girls. What about you? I'm sure you've mentioned somewhere in here already!!

AFM - my cough is almost gone, which is a relief for me. I've gone through a whole jar of honey and about 10 lemons in the last 2 weeks because honey and lemon tea was the only thing that could stop me coughing since I didn't want to take any cough syrup or anything else. I've got my glocose challenge coming up next week and do hope I haven't given myself gestational diabetes with all of the sugar in the honey!! Don't know if that is possible or not?!?!

Feb 2009
    Brisbane

Congrats Bella!!! How exciting. Let the shopping begin!!!
    xxJenxx

Apr 2008
    melbourne

Hi lovely ladies,

Just another quick post from me - sorry!

Thanks for the congrats - i have been out and bought some clothes/wraps and we have finally put 2 cots, drawers, pram, changetable on laybye oh god it's feeling so real. Still holding my breath to feel them move and for our big 18weeks scan - i don't think this anxiety will ever really go away!

Azza - how are things going - you must be in Darwin now - oh sunny hot Darwin!

Kezza - how are you travelling - not long now - hope your resting up and just incase i wish you all the very best for a safe, happy and hopefully not to painful arrival of your precious girls!!

Hi to Jen - hope your back and hips are somewhat getting better and causing you less pain.

Argon - GL with your GD test - no you can't "give" yourself GD!

Hi Hannah - hope your girls are over their colds.

Better go - house work calling only 29 more shifts!!!!!!!

xxBella
    Last edited by bella55; July 1st, 2009 at 11:53 AM. : spelling - although there is probably more!

Jun 2008
    Adelaide

Hi ladies,
    just a quick one from me, Yes we are up in Darwin and the weather is beautiful there was alot of fire works around last night for NT day??? it was beautiful but very loud when I was ready for bed DD loved it.
    I had a scan on Tuesday I still need to go for weekly scans just to watch the fluid but I don't mind as I know they are being closely monitored. Feeling alot more kicks and movements which feels unreal

Bella I hope those 29 weeks go fast for you and don't worry you will be feeling those tiny kick soon enough I think I started feeling like I had little butterflies in the lower part of my tummy around 16 weeks, it is my 2nd pg apparently we feel it soon then a first time mummy. Hope work has been to stressful for you

Argon I had DG with my first pg and no you cant give it to yourself its got something to do with you insulin not work properly after 28 weeks not sure how long with twins. I hope I don't get it this time don't like my chances though I did lost weight on with the special diet I had to go on

Kezza thinking about you Hope you are feeling Ok and relaxing

Well I better get back to relaxing

Jan 2009
    Tasmania

Hey Twin mummies!

I'm not doing too bad considering. I am very tired, as bubs have dropped and are laying on my bladder, I have to get up about 5 times in the night to go pee! I have Obst app next wed, I'm gonna demand they be evicted if they haven't come by then, I've had enough!!! At this rate I don't think that I'll have the energy to push the blighters out!

Azz- I am soooo jealous that you are up in Darwin, I could use some nice warm weather, Tassie is so darn cold at the moment! You have yourself a lovely time up there.

Bella- goodness me you did go mad with the shopping! Still at least you can pay it all off bit by bit. We did the same with our buggy. Everything else we got second hand, luckily we kept a lot of my sons bits so didn't have to buy two of everything. The anxiety of pregnancy doesn't really go away, it's always a worry that something is not right or something is gonna go wrong, I guess once you're past 26 weeks when a prem baby is classed as viable then you can relax a little. Bring on the maternity leave, there will be no stopping you!!

Argon- have you had your GD test yet? How did you get on?

Belly rubs to all
    x

Feb 2007
    Central Vic

Hi ladies,

Just wanted to pop in and say Hi to all the expectant twin mummies and offer my sympathies to Kezza. I remember those feelings so well!
    You have done sooooo well to get this far, just a little while longer (although those last few weeks are a shocker).
    I had high blood pressure and ended up being induced at 38 weeks, although I tried everything to get them to come naturally - they just wanted to stay put!
    Glad to hear you are going to be able to birth naturally - do u have to have an epidural in place?
    Best of luck with everything
    Shelley

Apr 2008
    melbourne

Hi everyone,

I'm at work but thought i would just pop in quickly to say hi .

Kezza - how are you going- anything happening?????

Azz - hope your enjoying your trip.

Hi to everyone else.

AFM - went shopping again yesterday and spent alot of money on all our cot linen oopps! Travelling well nothing really to report. Next scan Frio week (17th) waiting waiting!

Take care twin mummies!
    xxBella

Jan 2009
    Tasmania

Hey ladies

I'm still here hanging on to these bubs!

I've seriously had enough though, I look like I'm ready to go off bang!! The babes have dropped, so walking with two heads between your legs is a bit tricky, sleeping isn't happening, I'm getting that jumping leg syndrome thing at night and can't seem to keep my legs still. I've been told that pineapple is supposed to bring on labour, so after dropping sprog off at Kinder I went straight to woolies and picked up a fresh pineapple, pineapple juice and a couple of tins!!! I'm sitting here now eating half a pineapple.

If I don't go before, I am going to have a nervous breakdown at my obs appoin on wed, so they will HAVE to induce me. I can't take anymore. I think bubs have been baking for long enough, it's time mummy got some relief, I can honestly say that I will probably get more sleep when they arrive even with night feeds etc. I'm 37 weeks this friday, so I am more than pleased to have baked them for this long. But now it's time for them to be evicted!!

Sorry for the rant!!! I hope you gals are all ok, take care of yourselves and will let you know how I get on.

Apr 2008
    melbourne

Kezza - god you make me laugh You have done extremly well - if i can get to where you are i will be thrilled. Eat up and have hot hot curry for dinner and sex tonight ha ha Take care and i am betting you will start labour before Wed!
    xxxxxxxxxxBella

... 67891018 ...