Thread: Just found out...

Default Just found out...

Hi yesterday I found out I'm having TWINS... I'm almost out of the shock stage.

this morning i thought i would do some research on prams.

I have a 10 month old son who will be 16 months when the babies come.
    My question i put to you all is - what pram do you think is best for twins and a baby who will need to sleep if we have to go out? I was thinking the Valco double with toddler seat and if Ike needs to sleep i could carry one of the babies in a ergo carrier.

what do you think????

wow! congratulations!!!

I wouldn't have an idea about the prams but I just wanted to say, Congratulations!!!

thankyou...

well not getting much help though, hmm guess i should just go shopping.

Kristy, can't help out with your question either, just wanted to say congratulations on your twins!

Nic

I don't know about prams either but what you posted sounds good to me. I just watned to say congrats on your twins!

my best advice would be to go to your baby store and have a look!!!

congrats!!

some busy times for you!!

Congrats.
    Hannafrodo from my buddies group is in the same situation as you. I think she had a thread in the nursery equip area regarding prams...
    Good luck!
    ETA - Here is the link to her thread... http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=50121
    Last edited by rufalina; December 19th, 2007 at 10:22 AM. Reason: add link

Hi and Congratulations on your Twin pg. Wishing you a H & H pg. In regards to the pram. I have a Mountain Buggy Twin. I absoulty love it. I still use it with the new baby and put one of the twins in it.

hey there congrats on your twins
    best advice is to join your local AMBA group as they are a wealth of knowledge from 'those in the know'. Most girls with a toddler and newborn twins go for either the valco with a toddler seat or the Fitnesswise with a toddler seat. There is a new triplet pram out recently which is a twin pram and the third baby is on the hood of the pram. If you look up the AMBA website, it is advertised there and there is pics!
    IF you want more info about anything- please PM me!
    good luck and let the fun begin!
    odette

Kristy - there are currently only TWO twin prams on the market (as far as I can find!) that take a toddler seat. One is the Valco the other is called the Adventure Buggy. It's made by the adventure buggy company. If you google that, their website will come up and you will be able to see some pics. The adventure buggy has a more comfy looking toddler seat, I think. Although I haven't seen one iRL yet - just pics online. They are the ones that have a new triplet pram out too so worth checking out. The toddler seat is up high - kind of on the handlebar so the toddler faces you.
    I am still deciding between the two. Beware though - they are both super spendy! The new valco is about $1000 including the toddler seat and the adventure buggy is about the same (although you can get deals through AMBA). Remember whatever you buy, to tell the store attendant you are having twins - most baby stores give 10% off if you mention you're having twins.

HTH!!

The is an adventure run about that you can put twins in their seats and one or two other toddlers on the hood in proper seats - it is advertised on the AMBA web site so have a look- its also new to Australia
    HTH
    odette

Thanks

I decided on the Adventure buggy. it cost a bit more but i think it is the better one.

I was watching a lady struggle with and curse the Valco one and to be honest its so huge even whhen folded and a lot heavier. and my son wouldn't be able to nap in it.
    at least with the new reclining todler seat on the adventure buggy i can put my older son or a baby on the top.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6ZkTP1oqcY&feature=user

check it out on youtube if you want to see it in action.

thanks for all your help
    kristy