Thread: already having wedding problems

Default already having wedding problems

Ok basically I want my dad and my step dad to both walk me down the aisle, I see no difference as they are both my dad. So I told my dad this, well asked him if he would be offended if I did this, then he goes really quiet and starts being rude like "well if thats what you want then..." and then "I will have to see if I can do it..., let me think about it" what on earth does that mean, if he can do it? Is there a law against it, or is he jealous. I understand he might be a bit uncomfortable but basically from the ages of 12-18 he really had nothing to do with me and my step dad was always and still is there for me.I mean it's my wedding and I want them to both be there. I know my dad probably won't mention it again which means I am going to have to bring it up yet again Sorry rant over lol

awww .. hun your dad is jealous .....

tell him its what you want because its your wedding and your big day , and its your wish to include them both....

sometimes weddings can be bitter sweet , i had major issuses with not wanting my dad to walk down the isle with me , but in the end if it made him happy i let him ...

so maybe he will see it will make you happy and hopefully oblige ..

Can you have them do half each ?? Like one of them walk you into the church/park and half way then the other "give you away" they can both respond to the priest/celebrant when asked who gives you away

Love

i think your dad is probably a little put out that you want to share the moment with your step dad - but being that it is YOUR day and you obviously have a lot of time for your step dad, i think your dad will just have to accept it

you don't need to "bring it up" again - you have asked once, and it's out there - you can't have your day held to ransom over your dad's response - make your arrangements with your step dad and then go back and say "ok, this is what is happening" - if he respects you as his daughter, he'll fall in with your plans (even if he whinges a little in the process!)

it's damn hard to make everyone happy all of the time - and this is one of those occassions where it isn't about making THEM happy - it's about making YOU and your partner happy - and THEY should be bending over backwards to make it a perfect day for you

congratulations on your engagement hun - hope your wedding comes together to be the perfet day that you've been dreaming of

Oh sweetheart - I know exactly how you feel. I am getting married in one week and we are having a private ceremony with just two friends as witnesses because there were too many hassles with DP's family and if i heard "I won't come if so and so is coming" one more time I was going to scream! Funnily enough we haven't even told them about the wedding and I am sure that some still think that there will be an invitation comign in the mail soon.

But back to your issue. I can sort of see it both ways. You have two dads in your life but eveyr father has dreams of giving his little girl away.

I say that you have raised it with him and it may just take a little time for him to get used to the idea. I would say just let it settle for a while.

Another option would be to let one walk you down the isle and the other to have the first dance after the bridal waltz.

I hope that it all comes together and is the perfect wedding day that you want too

I can understand your dad being a bit upset about it, but he's got to realise your step dad was there for a large chunk of your life too. When it comes down to it, its your wedding, your decision. Your dad should respect that.

i think youve done the right thing!! you have planted the idea and now just let him stew about it for a while...
    i manages to get my dad i nto a catholic church and walk me down the aisle even tho hes a Wiccan.. just by tellign him it was my day and if he wanetd to be a part of it then he had to do certain things.. fairs fair!!

Thanks for all your responses, all of them I hadn't even thought of At least I have at least a year to think about them all So many options out there!

TaffyLou- Good luck with your wedding. It sounds like it will be beautiful Less stress too from the sounds of it