Thread: Stuck!!! Please Help!!!!

Brisbane - where it is never like it should be.

Red face Stuck!!! Please Help!!!!

So we have decided that we are getting married before this baby comes so we are looking at 28/29/30 January. Now some may think this is a 'shotgun' wedding but its what we want so please keep those opinions to yourselves.

The bit I am stuck on is where. We were thinking of turning the baby shower into a surprise wedding but that venue has now fallen through Oh well these things happen.

Now we are thinking maybe a nice summer beach wedding and then a sit down lunch somewhere. Do you think it is skungy of us to ask people to pay for their own meals if we go with this option? Would you be offended?

Would you still bother with the bobonthingys lol?

Any useful advise will be greatly accepted.

Hehe we got married at the Palmwoods Bowls Club on the sunny coast - how bogan are we? hehehe

My sister got married at ... Shorncliffe I think it is? Just on the cliffs there, think it cost her very little to arrange it with the local council - you just need to get permission and pay a small fee from memory.

DH's parents paid for the meals at our reception, cos we only had family members there, and they were planning on giving us $1,000 as a wedding present, so we just asked if they would pay for the meals and drinks instead. They agreed, and I think it came to just under $700. And we didn't have the bon bon thingys

I got married in nov last year when I was 39 weeks pregnant. We booked a beautiful old inn near us and had the ceremony in the garden. We then had a sit down lunch which everyone paid for themselves instead of getting us presents. We had 21 guests. I wore a white maxi dress from the surf shop with a beautiful brooch pinned to it and still got my hair snd makeup professionally done.
    It was a beautiful day and I'm so glad we did it in a hurry! One day we'll renew our vows and invite all the other people that we would have liked at our first wedding
    Goodluck! x

I've known someone who asked for guests to pay for their own meals and I didn't have a problem with it. I guess the best thing is to look at who you're inviting and make sure the price matches, IYKWIM? A place that turns out to be $100 a head might look great but people might not be able to afford it.

We paid for everything at our wedding on a tight budget and didn't have bomboniere, I don't think it was a big deal but if people are paying for their own meals you could look into something small. Now a days there's plenty of suppliers online that are well priced. But if you don't want to, you don't have to, it's your wedding after all.

Beach wedding sounds beautiful but make sure your not standing in the sun too long if you're pregnant. Even the lightest of wedding dresses seem to get hot!

I think it is okay to ask people to pay for their meals but I also think you should then say no presents, if some people still want to then that is their choice. If you can not do the Bonbonaires I would make sure to send thankyou cards/photo after the wedding.

I agree with Toomanyshoes, be careful standing in the sun in Jan.

I don't think people will get offended. It will be Justin's and ur family and close friends that will be there to help celebrate your beautiful day and that is what will be more important to them then paying for meals!!

Oh it's sooo exciting hehehe
    xoxoxox

Thanks I
    We have already agreed if they don't come its not our fault we were bigger people and invited them to start with.

Now I'm stuck on where to have lunch? As soon as I say table for 30 they all freak out lol

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Great way of thinking!! At least doing it this way you don't have to worry about min. numbers etc...

Are you still looking at down the coast for lunch??

Yeh I think so there is nothing up here that tickles my fancy. Was thinking Ashmore Steak and Seafood cause I know they do separate bills and HUGE groups lol
    Be different story is DF parents were going to fork out some money but i HIGHLY doubt that will occur.

Are you north or southside?

And I think it fine to ask for guests to pay as long as the meals are a reasonable price.

We live on Southside but looking at Beach ceremony so anywhere from coast back to about mt gravatt be ok

I don't know sth side too well. Sorry..

But we had our reception in a bowls club and had a buffet meal.. But in a club you would be able to have their normal bistro menu, and as you have a booking, they would be aware and able to plan for the 'extra' patronage. Some restaurants would be hesitant (and expensive) as to accomodate that amount of people for one gathering, they are turning away other patrons.. Cause with a wedding, you don't generally eat and go, and they would be wanting to recoup the costs of the 'lost meals'.. But a club has the space, ifywim..

Thanks all.

Ashmore Steak and seafood are great there are giving us a private room for no charge.

They were happy with that number so I'm getting excited now. Now just need to work out how to word the invite

We got married in Bali and when we got back we had a reception for about 30 people at a Great Thai restaurant I picked. I wanted to eat somewhere Balinese ( in keeping with our wedding theme ) but couldn't find one close

We were going to ask everyone to pay for their own meals but my dad offered $1000 and so did MIL so they split the bill. It was BYO so that saved us heaps
    We brought a selection of beer in cases and wines and everyone was happy

When We got married , we chose to at 17 weeks pregnant, had our honeymoon in Bali and then came back to our reception at 21 weeks pregnant by then I couldn't do up my wedding dress at the back because my boobs had doubled..BEWARE lol

But it was great !!! And cheap, as very US that's what's important it's your day so plan whatever you both want

Best of luck securing a venue / restaurant I know how stressful it can be.

Also we asked for large booking whether we could have a set menu with certain dishes to make ordering easier and keep the price down

Anything else pm me

Thanks M2R

Now we just have to work out how to word it so not to upset people.

Ideas any one?????????????

mmmmm ashmore steak & seafood *drool*

let me think of some wording for you - sometimes these things come to me at the most funny times

do you have any preference in the what you want in the wording??

pretty much that we are going out for lunch at ashmore bla bla and if they want to join us its at their expense lol