Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Too geeky a theme for reception??

Wow you guys have some great ideas!! I think Cai is right, just get the BB wedding planners to help you sort it all out

this is something we are going to do - as bonbonierre (SP??!!) we are going to do a double disk cd - havent yet decided exactly on what as each side, but it will be opposites like ying and yang, dusk and dawn or something.

You could have a pic of mario on one side and the princess on the other - each side with your own chosen songs!!!

Oh my gosh, you guys are enthusiastic, lol!
    Those are some fab ideas!
    I know where to come when i get stuck on the next thing!
    Love the one for the bonboniere's Cai & that cake looks excellent too!

Kim - i love the idea for the invitations!! Yuo have soooo got me thinking with your suggestions...
    Catrionalee - i originally found the cake on that site! We saw the Nintendo one but it just got better with the Mario one lol.

I think it will be mostly colour orientated STS. I wont do the whole thing mario lol.
    And little things like the bonboniere's and centrepieces could be Mario etc. Rach - I LOVE the suggestion for centrepieces!
    Looks like i might have to indulge my old employers with the satisfaction of buying from them again... good old Spotlight may become my best friend lol.
    I was going to cross stitch the pillow as well - mum can help hers is awesome! Maybe i could make two sides, one with mario and princess peach and one with the more 'formal' look IYKWIM.

Tiggerlinda - thanks for the offer but at this stage i think i have a photographer sorted... mates rates are too much of a good deal!

Asc for the cake when i started looking at images yesterday we were going to have cupcakes and then a top tier to cut so i wonde if we could do mushroom cupcakes or turtle shells or something...

Keep the ideas coming, you guys are fantastic!

Sound like a great idea! Definatly go for it.

We had a 'traditional' reception and honestly, i cannot remember any of it. It was so boring for us. But leading up to the wedding, everyone kept telling us that the reception was for the guests and not the married couple. I wish we did something more fun.

I love it.
    A wedding is about you so a cake that is all about your passions is perfect.

That is F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C !!!!! I loooove when a wedding is a little different, you know, more personal and fun for everyone. Our cake was also a little different and we had everybodies place cards as thier first name and a little nickname so for example instead of Harry Smith or Sophie Smith, it was like, Hilarious Harry (a friend that always cracks us up ! ) and Sassy Sophie ( she really is ! ) We also had singing waiters which people still bring up as being a highlight and that was over 3 years ago ! So I say go for it ! It's the quirky weddings you remember anyway

That's awesome Ash! Go for it - your wedding is about you!!

Cai, friends of ours had a similar cake to the one you like, except the toppers were very funky little skeleton bride and groom. It was exceptionally cool (and yummy too, it was a mudcake)!

Other friends of ours had a sci-fi/anime themed wedding. Nearly everybody dressed up, including the parents of the bride and groom and the celebrant. It was held at Darling Harbour, and I got asked by a Japanese tourist whether it was a sci-fi convention. She was a bit surprised when I told her that it was a wedding. Everyone had so much fun helping the bride and groom celebrate in a way that really reflected them!

Definately go for it ash (you already know we're not having a traditional wedding) the reception is all about you & your personalities IMO
    Everyone who goes will remember it for a very long time "Remember when went to Ash's wedding & they had that mario cake" IYKWIM

My kids loved it! I reckon, why not! It's your day, you're paying for it, do what you like!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12