Thread: wedding nightmares

Default wedding nightmares

i keep getting nightmares about my wedding that everything goes completely wrong that the photographer doesnt show up or she just misses us. that the flowers die, which they cant cause i have silk ones. that everyoe turns up in crappy dirty clothes and talks the whole way through the ceremony.

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Relax Hun!! Its normal to start stressing towards the end!! U have put so much time and effort in and u want everything to be perferct and it will be!!! Take time out to relax and have a massage or a day of with frinds!!!

How long to go??

Good luck and enjoy day as it is over way to fast!!

Don't worry, it's totally normal.
    Sounds like you're a bit stressed. Make sure to take at least 10 minutes time out for yourself everyday. Do something you enjoy, have a bath, listen to music, read a book, meditate. Anything that takes your mind off the stress.
    It will be a fabulous day!!

It's a normal part of the wedding experience - just like the bridesmaids holding your dress up while you go to the loo the first time.

Check off your list, make sure you've scheduled in a massage or other pampering and just go with the flow.

(you'll also get these types of dreams closer to your due date too!)

wedding is 4 motnhs away. it feels like i have done no planning but.
    i have got celebrant booked and photographer, reception place booked and food picked out just need to find out numbers. dont have a dress yet or the boys suits but i have the girls material for their dresses an they r gettin them made in jan skool hols.
    cake is organised. i am going to be 6months preg so i dont knwo wat to do about my dress cause if i get one now i will be bigger by then. i think i will get a empire cut dress.

See, you have a list! And you're organised (I'm about the same with my wedding, and that's on Feb 2 - I need a dress!)

Quote Originally Posted by Kazbah View Post
    It's a normal part of the wedding experience - just like the bridesmaids holding your dress up while you go to the loo the first time.
    lmao, oh yes, that was funny.

hun you really are quite organised and if you work through your list with a couple of things to achieve each week you will soon have them all done. if you can try to think of each task as a wonderful opportunity to enjoy your wedding for the 4 months leading up to it i am sure it will feel more fun.
    is there anyway you can delegate tasks you are not too worried or attached to? i found this was a great way to include my friends and family in the build up and to share your excitement. it is about the experience, not whether it is perfect or not, and it can be whatever you decide it to be. perfection is not the ultimate goal, having a true and committed ceremony and fun party with your guests is what it is all about.
    huge congratulations to you and DF!

thanks guys i am just being a d!ckhead at the mo lol.

Relax!!

I didn't start stressing til the wednesday before my saturday wedding. The ***** hit the fan. The photographer / decorator/ music person/ flowers was all to be done by MIL's bestie. Well, they had a falling out on the wednesday. MIL quickly got a friend of the family to do the photos and help with all the rest. Friday we were told that the fight was over and the bestie was still coming to the wedding, but only was a guest.

The day went well. The photos..... no. I'm only just getting over it now and it's been a year. Some are in focus - but they're of other things and not the bride and groom. Most are "soft focus" and can't be enlarged. It wasn't til later that I discovered that the friend, who took the photos, takes really good ones as it's his hobby.... LANDSCAPES. NOT PPL. AND it was his first time using his new u-beaut expensive heaps-of-megapixels digital camera. Needless to say, I wished I'd spent the extra for a non-objectional professional.

I had the bad luck for everyone, so you'll be fine!!

Best wishes!