Thread: What to get DH for our first anniversary?

Default What to get DH for our first anniversary?

Our first wedding anniversary is on 18 November and I'm at a loss. Helllllllp!!!!

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

For our firts anniversary DH bought me tickets to cirque de solei and a barcelet.

I bought him gold clubs as that was what he wanted,

It is ment to be a paper present which leads u to tickets to a show or concert or a voucher for something u know he would love eg a flight in an aerobabtics plane or driving V8 super cars (this is what i am getting dh for his birthday)

We eloped and married in a beautiful B&B called "The Duck House", so for our first anniversary I bought him a really fancy rubber duck (for the bath!). It's a biker duck with tatts all over it and he loved it, will probably turn it into a yearly tradition.

Maybe get him something that reminds him of your wedding???

For our first anniversary, DH and I got each other tickets to see Pearl Jam (we're both HUGE fans) and we also spent the night at the resort that we had our reception at and where we spent our wedding night.
    As Feeb mentioned, the 1st anniversary is traditionally paper... but the modern version is Clocks... DH and I decided to stick with tradition.

i bought DH a ****tail recipe book for our anniversary (to go with the bar we'd bought the week before) - to stick with the tradional anniversary gift idea - he thought it was great - but was more impressed with the card (the sentiment inside it....) which is still sitting on his bedside cupboard for him to read when he wants to

tickets to a show or vouchers are great ideas - but if finances are an issue, depending on what type of person your DH is, maybe a book of some sort, or even one of those scrolls that you find in card shops/new agents...

I was going to say that if you want to stick to paper, you could go for a book(s), tickets, or a lovely framed photo. Otherwise you could give yourselfs a night or weekend away, a day spa or massage voucher if DH is into that, a lovely dinner out or something electronic - say an ipod nano if he doesn't have one (you can get them engraved if you order from the website) or something else that can be engraved.

Hmmm...and he has said he hasn't thought about what limit we should put on cost either!!! Yet. Thanks for the ideas.

Are my Dh and the only ones who don't swap gifts??

I don't know!

My dad was so sweet, he used to give my mum a card on the 13th of every month for their entire marriage (he passed away in 1994 and they were married in 1967) because he first kissed her on the 13th of a month. He was always one for a lovely card and always wrote a lovely message to her for anniversaries, birthdays, Xmas (as well as buying the best presents)...I guess I'm like him, I love a card that someone has written in with a message from the heart. I guess I'm a big smooshy romantic at heart...I'm still training DH to become like that. It does mean something to me.

Mrsr....i'm with you, i love receiving a card from someone with a message that they mean from the bottom of their heart. It makes me feel loved and appreciated just for being me.

Sorry to hear about the passing of your Dad, what a romantic man he was....that is sooooo sweet i bet your mum treasures each and every card too!!!!!

My husband and I don't buy cards or gifts but go and select a crystal together that we both love, the day after we got married (eloped and the family and friends followed) we had a real down day, we went out for dinner in Port Douglas and there was a great little shop that sold crystals and all sorts of bits and bobs and we found a beautiful little crystal that we both fell in love with and it cheered us up no end so that is what we do now, I would lose the card and we don't really need gifts so it is something I can see everyday, it is personal and just between us and we love going and looking together. Mind you it is the only 'alternative' thing my husband doesn't turn his nose up at!!

Or if you are so inclined for a paper anniversary, get some beautiful paper or a great card and write him poem or a love letter? My husband appreciated it when I did it one year, and i loved it when he did it for me for valentines day another year, mind you he needed a few hints, like GEE we are broke, you could write me something lovely on a CARD!!!!

Meagan

ROFL at your 'subtle' hints Meagan...

Mrsr, there's a lot og creative type things you can do if you happen to have a ceiling fan, put things on the blades and then turn it on, and surprise! but it all depends on whether you want to clean it up afterwards! (it's probably doable otherwise, but much easier with one) I guess effort wise it also depends whether the sentiment will 'mean anything' so to speak, to your DH.

Origami cranes, for instance, are a very traditional gift of friendship and love. Each colour having a different meaning, you could pick out the ones that are obviously symbolic to marriage, or you and DH...

Red - Red is the traditional color for roses and Valentine's Day. Red represents strong love, passion and desire.

Dark Crimson - Dark crimson stands for inner beauty and inner strength. It represents soul mates - a connection without words.

Pink - Pink represents happiness, tenderness, best friends and sweethearts. Pink is the fresh blush on a maiden's cheeks.

Orange - Orange is a rich color of enthusiasm and energy. Orange is the lush autumn foliage and the warmth of a fire.

Yellow - Yellow stands for freedom and joy, for creativity. Yellow is the bright welcome of sunshine.

Green - Green is the color of harmony, healing and finding balance. It is the color of luck and wealth. It is of course the modern color for St. Patrick's Day! It is the color of grassy meadows and lush forests.

Blue - Blue represents honor, faith and spirituality. It represents a bond of the spirit. In traditional celtic times, blue was the color of Ireland. It is the color of the sea and of the open sky.

Purple - Purple is the traditional color of nobility and courtly love. This is the color of knights and maidens, of princes and princesses. Amethyst is the stone for birthdays and anniversaries in February.

White - White represents the hope for the future, a fresh start, innocence and purity. White has been the traditional color for brides since the Victorian era. In many cultures white represents a joyous eternity.

White and Red - A combination of red and white represent unity, of two people who care for each other standing together.

Silver - Silver stands for elegance. Silver is the traditional color for the 25th anniversary.

Gold - Gold represents a love and loyalty which is eternal. Wedding bands are made from gold, and a high compliment is to say someone has "a heart of gold". Gold is the traditional color for the 50th anniversary.

Ivory - Ivory stands for luxury and tradition. It represents a quiet, steady, warm caring.

Brown and Beige - Brown and beige colors represent grounding, being down to earth and dependable. This is the trust and loyalty of a true friend.

Tea - Tea is a light brown color representing remembrance and fond memories.

Black - Black is a classic formal color, the color of black tie dinners and tuxedos. It is the color of strength.
    Obviously colour works in more ways than paper cranes, that was just an idea... confetti, little messages on different colour card, etc... Sorry for long post!!!

We usually do something nice like cook a really nice meal together and just spend the day together or if he is working do something on his days off ..

Ohhhhh the cranes, that is so nice!!!!!!

Honey, we are so broke, I love cranes, no not the kind on the building site, different colours mean different things!! HINT HINT!!!

Do you think he'd get it?

I just love that idea!! I might try that one year

Meagan

For our first anniversary (paper) I got a great photo he took in Rome blown up and professionally framed, it looks fantastic.

Now I had better think about our 5th anniversary - apparently it is wood, any ideas? (sorry to hijack the thread but the ideas in here are soooo good!)

Sexy underwear for yourself for him
    win-win situation!!

Congrats & Good luck in getting something