Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 1 Month - 3 Months, July '05 Thread #2

Thanks Michelle, I might just do the same with Matthew`s clothes saves them smelling of camphor or mothballs. Glad that you had a better night with Alex but oh no with Kimberley being awake for 2 hours.

Jo - I know exactly what you mean about being sick of wearing maternity clothes, I felt like a new woman when I was able to get into one of my pre pg jeans. Yay at your bargain car seat. Hope you have a great time at Mother`s Group.

Take Care

Deeanne

I never brought maternity clothes i just brought bigger stuff in what i would wear normally. I can't wait to get back in to some of my old clothes i have so much that i have kept and not worn for sooooo long.

Hey girls!

Don't talk to me about fitting into pre-pg clothes! OMG I am soooo depressed, I am still 20kg heavier than what I was before. I know I was underweight before, but now I'm over my recommended weight. I have actually given away my size 8/xs stuff. I know I'll never get back there. I'd be thrilled to be a size 14 at present. Ideally I'd like to get into a size 12 eventually. I think that would be a sensible goal.

Hannah and I went to the local library thismorning and I was thrilled to discover that they had the family law textbook (right edition and everything) that I need this semester. It means I don't have to spend the money buying it. Text books are so expensive. I'd rather spend the money on Hannah anyway! Soooo....I went back to Big W and put another couple of toys on Layby. DH will be so cross.

Welcome Cobs and Olivia!

Jo - well done on getting the car seat so cheap! I have to get one in the next couple of months too. We hired a capsule from the Qld Ambulance. At the rate Hannah is growing we will need it sooner rather than later. Hope your mother's group was informative and fun! Mine starts tomorrow.

Michelle - I can't imagine what it'd be like having two littlies! I guess I'll find out soon enough (hopefully). Bummer about Kimberly getting up in the night. I hope you get a good uninterupted sleep tonight.

Belinda - good to hear from you. Glad your Mum is being a help. My Mum and Dad have just been up too...and it makes all the difference having someone else around to help out with bub. I think I'll have to buy a couple of 00 one piece suits too. Little miss is growing so fast.

Brooke - my maternity payment took ages too. I think it took about 3.5 weeks. 5 weeks is outrageous! I hate dealing with Centrelink/FTO at the best of times (I used to deal with them a lot on behalf of my clients with disabilities). I don't seem to have any pain from the epidural site luckily. Definately ask your doc about it.

Welcome Heather and Hendrix!

Dee
    - I am going to get a couple of those vacuum sealed bags for storing baby clothes. It's just like a sturdy plastic bag with a one-way valve/hole thingy that you stick the vacuum cleaner into to suck out the air. I've never used them before, but they supposedly keep clothes fresh.

Does anyone else find that their bub is grumpier in the early evening for some reason? Hannah is usually delightful all day, then becomes a whingy little grump at about 6pm. Apparently this is common with babies?? Just wondering what you do with them at this time of the evening....She's well fed, and changed usually...

Brooke - #-o Silly me in my muddled mind I must have worded it all wrong I meant to say I took your advice re having a warm shower and expressing some milk which I did this morning after Matthew only took a little and I was still full.
    That`s exactly how my back feels, let me know what your Dr says as I didn`t even think about telling my OB at the time. I might go and mention it in the c/s thread and see what the response is as everyone there obviously had to have a spinal or epidural.
    I hadn`t thought about those space bags I think thats what Juliette was talking about too. Where do I buy them from?

Juliette - We were obviously the same size pre pregnancy and I was underweight too. I think I should be doing something about my tummy, I`ve never had a fat flabby tummy before but then it took 9 months to get to the size we were we should be thinking it will take us 9 months to get back to pre pg weight but by then I hope to be pg again, a vicious circle. Thats great that you found the law book at the library. They do say it`s common for them to be unsettled from about 4pm onwards.

Matthew gave another little squeal today while I was playing with him and Daddy was here to hear it, I thought he wouldn`t start squealing until he was a bit older.

Take Care

Deeanne

Space bags - that's what I was thinking of! Thanks Brooke! I've seen them, but never used them. I know you can get them at big w.

Hey everyone

Just a quick one as i just quickly read over what i had missed

Welcome to the newcomers

I didnt have epidural but a friend of mine had backpain for months after, it is one of the side effects of it, but still worth getting checked out.

I have been thinking Mason hasnt been drinking enough milk with only 5 feeds a day, realised today he is actually having 7 feeds a day, no wonder i feel like i am feeding him all the time, my goal is too get him back to 5 feeds but he just wont drink the amount they suggest, or he is sick if he does for ages after bottle. I am sure we will get there.
    Only problem with Mum here is that he is constantly in someones arms, today i put him in swing and he screamed till he got himself in a coughing fit so i would pick him back up, going to be a tough few days snapping him out of that, but cant hold him all day and get things done. He has realised the swing makes him sleepy but he will not sleep in it, he screams till i get him out then falls asleep instantly in my arms, spoilt brat!

Havent done much else really, still have parents here

Glad everyone else is going well, and getting smiles and giggles
    Mason is a real smiley baby, but with Luke around smiling heaps i presumed he would be.

Deanne: Great that you got a cute squeal and glad Dad got to hear it too

Juliette: Great about finding the bargain book, they are so expensive!

Pregnancy clothes: Havent worn a thing that i wore pregnant in weeks now, couldnt stand them any longer, have some laybys going now for new summer stuff, i pretty well much wore my normal clothes the whole way through except for a couple of things i bought. On the subject when i was laybying i couldnt be bothered trying stuff on so said to girl i will just get this and she said you would need an extra large for sure! I would be a 12-14 anyway so she wasnt wrong but i thought how rude of her to say that!
    Everyone else has said how great i look and how much weight i have lost since having him so will go with their comments not hers!

Well anway enough rambling from me

Take care
    Belinda

Anyone heard how Shannon is going??

Morning girls

Well i dont really have head space for personals sorry but we went to a friends funeral yesterday in Newcastle and still adjusting to him being gone.

Hendrix is doing ok - last night wasnt great waking every 3 hours and then really unhappy from 5:30-8 this morning. The night before that he did a 7 hour sleep and then woke for a feed fell straight back to sleep and then slept 4 hours. I dont know why one night can be so different from another but im in the head space that things will get into a pattern eventually.

Will try to catch up on others news later.

Heather just want to send you a

I'll try and catch up with you all later i'm not having a good morning the kids are fine it's just me.

Heather - I`m so sorry to hear of your sad news, sending you lots of hugs

Michelle - you sound like you also coule do with some hugs

Okay, Matthew is waking from a 5 second sleep, I`ll be back later to catch up.

Thanks for your well wishes Michelle and Dee. Michelle to you too!!

Heather - :hugs: from me too.

Hello girls! I have just started a new thread for you HERE

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567