Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1 Month - 3 Months, October 05

Hey all!

Wow, I can't believe I am already in this thread!

Reilly is doing well, growing and getting cuter every day (well, I think so anyway). We have our 4 week appointment with the MCHN on Wednesday so I will know then just how much he is growing.
    Still unpacking after moving house last weekend, it will probably take me forever but I dont mind, spending time with my boy is more fun, and unpacking can always wait.
    We all went for a nice Sunday drive yesterday, it was good to do something relaxed as a family, we had lunch and somehow ended up at the DFO, where I got some gorgeous little outfits from the Pumpkin Patch outlet, so cute!

Kirsty, I am totally with you on wanting another one straight away! I have not started using any contraception so far and we have been DTD pretty much evey day since 11 days after the birth, so you never know! DH and I discussed it and since it took us 18 months to conceive this little guy, we really dont want to try prevent something that is so hard for us at the best of times.
    Tracey, thanks for the info the other day about thrush, I didnt get the chance to say thanks as I wasnt online much before you graduated to this thread, I looked and Reilly didnt have any white stuff in his mouth before feeding, so I figure it wasnt that bothering him, I think he may have had a touch of constipation instead. Has anyone else who formula feeds noticed any constipation, and what do you do to ease it?

Well, my little man is starting to wake up (he was dozing in his swing) so I better leave off the marathon post and go get him!

Morning lovely ladies

Elissa you must be sooo excited...the big countdown eh. I was the same with our wedding rings. We were such dorks..the day we got them we had arranged to go out that night so wore them pretending to be married..LOL..the things you do. Great to hear Makon is doing so well..its nice he can be there for your wedding.

Soph..its raining here today too which is a bugga...i dont like missing out on a big walk. I bought a tonne of things for Sammy the other day too..i cant resist....mind you the choice is so limited compared to the little girls section. Do you have fun dressing Lucie up. I used to always have the little bows on the girls heads..they were so cute. Go little Lucie with the weight gain too..what a clever lil pumpkin.

Happy belated wedding anniversary Kirsty. Hope you enjoyed your wine. Thats great that Gemma is sleeping so much for you too..clever little girl. Its amazing how much better you can feel when youve had some decent sleep isnt it. I might have to get her to whisper in my little boys ear..lol..he still likes waking up at night and this morning woke up at 5:30 and didnt want to go back to sleep.

Hello and welcome Nix and Reilly..the time sure does fly doesnt it. I bet he is getting cuter every day. I love how much personality bubbies get as they get older. Wow at moving house ..geez you must be exhausted. I bet you are glad its all over now though. Goodluck with ttcing. We are totally the opposite lol...DH is booking in for another vasectomy in a few weeks time...lol. Hope you arent trying for too long this time.

Well my darling boy is fast asleep at the moment as he thought early this morning was play time...and its so hard to resist his gorgeous smiles and cooing despite it being so early!!! We took him to the beach for the first time yesterday and put his little feet in the sand. He wasnt really impressed overall...lol..no doubt will enjoy it more as he gets older. Well i was hoping to go for a big walk today but the weather isnt that great..but hopefully the rain will stop long enough for us to sneak out. I have Jess home from school today too poor darling..there are that many nasty viruses going around the school at the moment...bring on the warm weather!!!

Enjoy your Monday ladies

Jo

Jo - I hope you get out for your walk today. It hasn't actually rained here yet so we did get out for about 2 hours. Loooooovely. Hope Jess gets better soon.

Welcome Nixie and Reilly! I say well done in leaving the unpacking till later - you must be super mum though! Lucie is on formula and at the moment is poohing about every 21 hours or so, which I think is ok??? Don't know what really constitutes constipation - she does push at it for a while though!

Kirsty - Congrats on your wedding anniversary and yay for the wine! Was just thinking this morning that I might just have one myself tonight! It's so hot isn't it at the moment? A lovely cold glass of white would go down a treat.

Lucie is 2 months old today! I weighed her this am at the clinic - 4620g. Not going to go to the midwifes or anyone to get her weighed for a while (can do without all their confliciting advice!). I'll just take her every week myself and do it. If she puts on 100g+ a week then great, I am not stressed. And I bought some of the bigger nappies - very scarey! Even my little girl is growing.

Kirsty77 Guest

LOL Soph at Lucie taking ages to push poos out!So does Gemma and she goes sooo red in the face it looks like she might explode!Gemma poos every night or early early morning(lucky me!).SHe hasn't been constipated yet, thank god!

ANd I know what you mean Soph about getting conflicting advice from midwives.Thats why I left hospital so soon after I had Gem.I couldn't stand it anymore.They were seriously doing my head in with all the stuff they were telling me.

Ellibam Guest

hi girls
    well i have come to do some bragging! makon is laughing now as well as smiling! and last night i was standing him up and he was supporting him self (i was holding him) but he stayed 'stiff' for about 2 minutes he makes us so proud everyday.

i was able to go for a quick walk this morning is was just spitting then just as we got to our drive way it started to pour so had a little run to!! hehehe

Makon also pushes poos for ages the poor little munchkins!

i agree jo gee there really isnt a huge range of boys clothes compared to girls! we went shopping to try and find some thing for makon to wear to the wedding but couldnt find a thing that was formal where as girls have all the fancy clothes

Ellibam Guest

as you can see im trying to change my ticker to
    but not sure which code

Awww isnt he a cutie

Jo

Hi Fletchie..bet ya cant wait to get your new car...wont see you much in here wed..no doubt you will be out and about zipping around. Sammy has two white little buds on his bottom gum too..ive never had teeth come through this early ..so not sure if they will just sit there for a while or not. Maybe little Zane is going through a growth spurt of has a tummy ache or something..poor little darlings..its horrible when they are unsettled isnt it. Sounds like hes great though for the most part. We still feed pretty much all over the place though hes sleeping for longer periods now which is great.

OH..someone knows im on the computer..

Jo

OHhh so with you on the pap smears fletchie...theres just no dignity in being a woman is there..LOL..You will be fine though..

Jo

Hey all, there's been lots a chatting in here!!!!
    I cant believe my baby is 5 wks old already!!!!
    Time flies hey!!!! She is doinmg big giggly smiles, trying to laugh, but no noise comes out, she has started trying to talk too, she is so cute...

Ok, glad everyone's doing good....

Poppin back a bit later OK!

Morning all.

Fletch - how did Zane end up doing yesterday? I hate pap smears too but got out of mine because AF had arrived! Shame that. Although I really should go to me gp soon to get one done, it's been too long.

Tracey - Happy 5 weeks to Indah!

Jo - Nice to hear someone else feeds all over the shop too - I thought I was the only one not in a routine!

Ellissa - Have you managed to get out for a walk today yet?

Kirsty - How's Gemma going today?

Well Lucie met her 150ml/kg of body weight yesterday!!! Whohooooaaaa a big 690 mls for the little champion. Today is a bit slower though, but we're at about 330 so not doing so badly. Am knackered today though. Had another massive walk yesterday, so all up did over 4 hours of hard walking for the day. Trying to get a few snoozes in today so have cancelled lunch in the city with friends who fortunately totally understand.

Kirsty77 Guest

Yehhhhh Lucie!!!Thats fantastic news Soph!Cna't beleive you walked for 4 hours all up!Thats amazing!I walk for about an hour every night, but theres no way I could do 4!!!!

Tracey-Doesn't time fly!!!!!!!Happy 5 weeks to Indah!Hows she doing?Gemma has started to get chatty too!Its just so darn cute isn't it!I wish I knew what she was trying to say.

Fletch-Ouchie on the pap smear.I hate them too(I think every women does!).Gem and I have our 6 week doc appointment tomorrow.Not looking forward to it.Must say I'm a little scared about my c/s scar getting man handled tomorrow!OUCH!WOW on the new car too.How awesome.We just got a new car, holden acclaim wagon, not nearly as flash as yours though!

Jo-Yeh on Sammy sleeping for longer periods!Gosh hes a cutie!

Ellissa-LOVE the photo of Makon!What a sweetheart!Can't beleive hes started laughing!I'm soooo jealous.Gemma smiles now but she always has this look on her face like 'am I really related to you!'.She always looks so serious!

Gemma is doing great, shes asleep.We both slept in our bed this morning as soon as Corey got up!I was still so tired even though I'm getting heaps of sleep, at least 7 1/2 hours each night.Gem's been so smilie today.It just warms my heart so much when she smiles at me.Shes's really big on cuddles at the moment.Every time I pick her up she collapses into my arms.Its just so nice, usually she would try to hold her head up the entire time so she could look around and not miss anything thats going on!

Enjoy your day everyone..................... \/ \/ \/

Hiya ladies

Fletchie hope your appt went well and the pap wasnt too bad for you. Is it countdown til you get your new car..lol

Soph thats great Luc is feeding so well today..must be such a relief for you. Yep Sammy feeds all over the place. Some times hes more hungry than others and sometimes he just wants to snuggle more..i let him show me what he wants.

Kirsty glad to see Gemmas doing so well. 71/2 hours a night is just wonderful. Dont you just love those gorgeous cuddles. I love when Im picking Sammy up out of his bassinette and hes sees my face for the first time and his face just lights up..its nice to be loved isnt it.

Hello everyone else..lil man has just woken up so have to go..Mel..how are you and your gorgeous boy going...ive just realised..Sammy is 3 months on the 2nd..only another week in here to go..then choofing off to the next forum...time flies.

Jo

Oh sorry fletchie..it took me that long to post mine..i was up and about with a nappy change..lol..glad your appt went well and thank you Sammy is just fine..on my lap at the moment. No walks here..its too wet.. #-o

Jo

Jo - Wow Sammy is nearly 3 months! We will miss you heaps in here, but not long till we all join you in the other thread I guess.

Fletch - Oh how cute re the hugs! Hope you have a fun day in your new car - drive carefully ok!

Kirsty - The smiles are the best aren't they. The first few times they moved me to tears! Is it rainy there today? We had some great storms in Brissie last night.

Well I think I've worked out that if I leave Lucie to feed every 4 hours she is more interested and drinks a lot more - it's not so much of a battle. So (touch wood) that's what we are going to work with today.

I hope it doesn't rain too much today - I want to get out for a walk or two!

Kirsty77 Guest

Goodmorning

We had rain most of last night Soph, but no storm although it did look like we were going to get one.Today is still partly cloudy and we are supposed to get a storm this afternoon.About a week ago we got so much hail it looked like it was snowing in our back yard!The weather is just so crazy at the moment and incredibly hot for this time of year.Goodluck with Lucie's feeds today, hopefully the 4 hourly feeds work alot better.

Ellibam Guest

Gooood morning girls
    hope the car is going well fletch! what type did you get?? we bought an astra but have already decided that our next "family" car will be a honda oddessy (its a cool looking van)

we had our 6 week check up yesterday every thing is good makon has put on 150g in 6 days! and grown 2 cm no wonder he has been a little upset!

today we are going to see my best friend who has just come back from uk! yayayayay

Kirsty77 Guest

Hey girls

I have been thinking and I know it probably sounds like I'm thinking to much about this, but what do you do with your bubs play wise.Gemma is 6 weeks tomorrow and sleeps most of the day and night, but is starting to have more awake time during the day.I guess I'm thinking shes sleeping to much and I'm not playing/interacting with her enough!When she is awake I read to her, pull funny faces/talk to her/sing to her etc.Whats everyone else doing?

Am I crazy to be thinking this? 8-[

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast