Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 Month - 3 Months, September '05

Morning all,

Joh - see you in the three month thread (wow sounds weird saying that) in a couple of weeks time!! Glad to hear that Erykah is such a chatty little girl and that the colic has calmed for you.

Hayseed - i too would love to hear more about making your house safe if there was anyway you could post some info at some time. Hendrix is giving mike a photo shoot package and a t-shirt. There is an amazing childrens photographer here in sydney who costs a fortune but he currently has some packages going where you get a shoot and 2 photos for $139.00. So i want mike and hendy to have some done (similar to the ones megan got with finlay).

Vanita- hope your babies get well soon! Isnt it amazing how quickly our newborns turn into little people. Hendrix has just changed so much its scary!! I hope that Dion gets the idea of bottle feeding soon.

Bec -Your fathers day sounds lovely. I hope your DH loves all his gifts.

Well im going out tonight for a hens night!! Im so sad, cause half of me really wants to go out and the other just doesnt want to leave my little man. It isnt going to be a traditional hens, we are just going for dinner and drinks but my Beautiful husband said i can stay out as long as i want as he will get up and do the night feeds if neccessary (not that we usually have any, maybe that is why he is offering .

Hendy slept an amazing 13 hours last night. My boy certainly takes after his mother and loves his zzz's.

Hope you are all well,.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Thanks Heather, I hope you enjoy the hens night, even though you have to leave Hendy, I'm sure your DH will be just fine, and hey maybe Hendy will wake up heaps just to rub it in

Happy Fathers day to all the DH and DP out there.
    xx

Happy Fathers Day to all the guys. I hope they're having a wonderful morning so far.

My DH got all his pressies in bed with the kids, and then breakfast. Now he's taken DD off as a surprise to see Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (or is it Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?) with Johnny Depp. I think it's a wonderful thing to do... spend time being a dad and doing things for and with your kids.

Blake obviously is too little to go and has been back in bed for a while... over an hour. He's sleeping great the last two days. In fact he's slept 8 hours the last two nights, and a 7 hour the night before. Woo Hoo!! And the only reason I didnt' resettle him last night at 4am was because I wanted him to feed... my milk had been up and down again so I wanted him to drain the bb's. So far so good.

More questions, this time about feeding patterns, particularly for the bfing amongst us, but also for those babes on the bottle cause they still are feeding!

How often does your baby feed?

How many feeds to you have in a 24 hour period?

How do you find a long sleeping baby affects your milk supply? ( I mean going 10+ hours without feeding can become ouchy on the bb's. Does your body manage to keep up with the demand when bubs is awake?)

I guess having had supply problems I wonder how everyone else is coping. With DD I had absolutely no problems, and now this time around I guess I'm questioning every little thing.

Thanks everyone for your support.

Wow! It's monday afternoon and boy is it quiet in here! Guess everyone is busy.

Well I've got my two, yes two! in bed. There's a curriculum day at school so Viv's home and seeing she had a late night last night, and an early morning, she's having a bit of a sleep although I can't give her too much or she wont go to bed tonight at a suitable hour.

Blake of course, is sleeping. He's almost done nothing but sleep since Saturday. Thursday and Friday he was napping - only having 40 minute at a time. But come Saturday morning, he had his overnight sleep, with a feed around 4am, then at 8am, then again around 11am. He slept inbetween these feeds and again until about 3.30pm. I disturbed him a number of times including in and out of the car and into the pram whilst I walked around the Stitches and Craft show. Yesterday he slept almost all the time too... So much for the sleep, feed, play routine, he slept, fed, slept.

Today he's been awake a little more, but he's asleep again now so I'm having a quick surf and then I'm cooking lasagne for dinner. Yum

How was everyone's father day? Did the guys enjoy themselves, particularly the first time dads? We did. DH was spoilt and had a lovely time. He starts his new job today. I haven't heard from him yet, so I guess so far so good. I'm sure I'll hear about it tonight. Not much on this week which is great. With DH home all last week it's thrown Blake and my routine out the window. Today with Viv home and no John it's a bit better, but tomorrow... woo hoo!!! I can't wait.

That's all from me. Sorry no personals as I want to get this lasagne going. Take care everyone.
    xx

Hey guys,

It is really quiet in here today!! Hope everyone is well.

Rach here are my responses to your questions.

How many feeds? We have been told to limit hendy's feeds to 4 hourly which means he is now feeding for much longer and is so much more content but we do have two feeds two hours apart just before bed. So around about 5 feeds in 24 hours!! It doesnt seem like much but hendy is really thriving on this so we will keep with it.

My bb's handle the long sleeps ok. They get a bit lumpy but hendrix is able to drain them easilly. I have had a couple of times where i have had to get up in the middle of the night and express but this happened when he went from short sleeps to long ones and now that he does a long sleep all the time (touch wood) they have settled into it.

Hendrix has also been sleeping lots with eat sleep eat pattern but today he has spent alot of time awake (but this may be due to the fact that we have been on the move all day and that everytime he fell asleep i would have to wake him up). He is finally getting a sleep now in his cot so hopefully our night time routine isnt stuffed.

Hey Fletch and Zane.

I hop on later.

Stormi Guest

Hi all,

Just a quick post before Australian Idol starts lol.

Rachel - we are bottlefeeding now but Makenzie has about 5-6 bottles in 24 hours (sometimes more, depends if she's being piggy or not).

As far as the BB's, if it becomes a regular long sleep each night, your boobs will adjust to that. With Riley, he NEVER fed in the night (was sleeping 7-8 hours a night from day 1) and my boobs just adjusted themselves so that there was plenty of milk during the day and not an oversupply at night.

Fletch - With the blocked duct, just keep massaging during a feed toward the nipple to help unblock it. Also, putting a warm washer on the area before the feed can help as well. I was always getting blocked ducts and unfortunately the last time I got really bad mastitis (despite doing everything to unblock it). So just watch for flu-like symptoms as this means it's become mastitis and you'll probably need antibiotics.

We had a good father's day yesterday. It was my birthday as well and I got a new mobile phone so sat around playing with that for a while lol.

Anyway, time to go watch Idol (anyway else following it?)

Hi everyone,

Our computer totally crashed so I have been offline for about 4 days. Had a quick look at the last few pages.

Hayseed - Your story about Pup's plaster present was hilarious. Sorry, I had tears in my eyes laughing when I read it to DH. We have had several attempts to do Amy's hand and foot and exactly the same thing happened. We didn't buy a kit, just went to the factory and bought big bags of Algenate and plaster because we knew it wouldn't be easy. Got sonme okay ones at 5 weeks.

Amy had her needle tomorrow and have mothers group Wed. Will catch up with you all hopefully tomorrow. Started mothers group last Wed and there are only 6 of us.

Gemma, what's Algenate???? Glad you got some good impressions, 'cause mine are so so. But DH loved them anyway for fathers day!!

Rach, Pup feeds about every 4 hrs, so that's about 6 feeds in 24hrs. If he really goes overtime - and that is only ever at night, never during the day - then 1 of 2 things happen. Either I have to get up in the middle of the night to express, or my boobs leek and eventually the nursing pad is bursting to capacity and my nightie or PJ's end up soaked. This happened last night!! #-o I have built up a nice little store of EBM in the freezer now - about enough for 8 feeds.

Fletch, keep going with the massaging. And yeah, like Stormi said, use a warm face washer on your boob before you start feeding. This is what I used when I had mastitis and it helped.

Well, I went to Ballarat today to do a bit of shopping....oh, ok, I went to Ballarat because that is the closest Pumpkin Patch. I spent about $120 8-[ but got some nice things for now and for a couple of months time. But Pup was a right royal pain in the bum today. He was whingy and cried like he was in pain for most of the day. He wouldn't even settle in his pram or the car seat (a 1 and a bit hr journey both ways) and he usually LOVES those. He is normally asleep in about 5 minutes ion both. So I dunno. Maybe a leaveover from the vaccinations????? He was a little warm today, but I took his temp when we got home and he was ok. I filled him up with as much milk as he would take (even then he was crying really loudly) and then put him to bed. He has been asleep since about 6pm so he is due to wake up pretty soon. Or maybe he is just so tired (he harldy slept at all today) that he might sleep for a few more hours. Ever since I mentioned on this thread that we had a good little routine going, he has played up!!! Typical!

So because he has been a bit out of sorts the past few days, we are not doing much this whole week, to see if I can get back the calm little man I had come to enjoy!

Hayseed

Hello lovely ladies and bubbies

Hope all the Daddys had a lovely fathers day. Darren went to the Eagles game on Fri night so had a huge grin on his face all weekend lol. Its been soooo quiet in here...lots of busy mummys.

Rach...Sammy feeds every 2-3 hours...lil piggy though every 3-4 hours at night time. I havent had the chance to have a long break from feeding but have in with previous bubs and it does get a bit ouchie...massaging in the shower is always a godsend.

Who is having trouble getting into a routine??? Sammy is 5 weeks old today and we really arent in any sort of routine apart from the nightly bath thats with either me, Daddy or the girls...he just loves it....it really still seems all over the place. Oh well..plenty of time i guess.

Anyway hope you are all enjoying your day

Jo

Hey ladies

Jo-gee Its a bit spookey but Kates ticker is showing at the bottom of your post!!

Well my obsession is officially bonds for hendrix!! We went shopping today and he now has a full wardrobe of size 00 and 99% of it is bonds as its so affordable and the new stuff is just gorgeous. Hendrix is a walking advertisement right down to his socks!!

Where is everone??

Stormi Guest

Hi all,

Jo - Don't worry, Makenzie is nearly 3 months and we don't really have a routine. Things get done when they get done (ie baths). I guess that's the thing being the third child, she has to fit in with the rest of us!

Heather - the Bonds stuff is really cute, isn't it! They have a lot more range now than just the wondersuits. I want to get Makenzie some of those pink and white striped leggings. I'm having great fun buying girls clothes, whatever the brand. How was your hen's night?

Makenzie's been a shocker today, she really hasn't had much sleep at all, and most of the time she's been whinging/crying. She has got a cold though, I think she keeps getting phlegm in her throat or something. She's had some Dymadon but that didn't make a difference. Just hope it means she'll sleep well tonight. Riley had croup on Saturday so hope she doesn't get that, that was nasty.

I've replaced all the photos on her webpage with new ones - we had a bit of a photo session yesterday lol. I love looking at everyones websites and seeing how all the bubs are growing. Can't believe it was about 3 months ago already and we only had our preggy bellies on there!

Hey all,

My hens night was fabulous thank you for asking. It was really strange being out but i must admit i really enjoyed it, although midnight came around and i couldnt wait to see my boys so made a discreet exit.

kate - i hope all is ok with Kelsey! As brooke already mentioned though its good that these things have been recognised early and that they can be investigated soon. Lots of love and hugs to you and shane and of course the gorgeous girl!

brooke - im glad you got a lovely sleep last night and that Maya sleeps well again tonight. Congrats on your slimmer figure and on your health kick, you go darl!! It was lovely of Dans fam to compliment you they sound lovely.

lisa - your new family photos are gorgeous you really have beautiful looking children. It must be nice buying pink!! I hope that Miss M gets over her cold and Happy belated birthday (i missed that before).

xx

Hi all. well Dion has finished his antibiotics, but is still coughing, so think we'll have to go back to Drs. I have to go back to work in about 7 weeks, so have to go in tomorrow and organise my roster, what fun.

Brooke, good to hear you are getting some excercise, I have gone for an hr walk each day for the last 4 days, with all 4 kids, the big girls ride their bikes, and the littlies sit in the double jogger. I am definitly feeling better for it, now I just need to resist the temptation and stay off the fags!!!

Kate I hope everything turns out ok for Kelsey,and that any problems are just minor ones

Fletch I swear by cabbage leaves, they feel great and unblock the worse ducts!!!

You girls all put me to shame, I just expressed my 2nd bottle of EBM ( the first was for Yvette) and this one I did coz we are going to the Lion king on sunday and Mum is looking after the littlies for us!! I keep saying I should get a stock up, especially since Im going back to work soon! I must do it!!!

Anyway love to all

We are also missing Mel - Mumma Mel i hope you are well!!

Vanita - hour long walks are fantasic - you must be fit! Good luck with staying away from the ciggies. You can do it!

Hi guys, I've done up a post of Baby Birthdays HERE, so if you guys want to add your bubs to them just reply

Forum Name: Storm
    State: n.s.w
    Baby's DOB: August 9th 2005
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl Boy
    Baby Name(s): Zachary John
    Baby's Website: nah
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic)
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.)
    induced due to baby having a 2 vessel cord

Thanks

Hi ladies and bubbies

That was spooky Heather... :-k lol at Hendy being a bonds advertisement though. Sammy looks so cute in the bonds boy stuff too...nice and comfy for them hey.

Hope its a better day today Stormi with Makenzie..its horrible when lil bubs have colds isnt it..its so hard for the little darlings to feed. I know what you mean though about having to fit in..lol...do you find that Makenzie is quite easy going as well being the third?

Brookey thats great you are getting into an exercise routine..something i need to do asap..lol. Ive been trying to go for walks with Sammy daily but the weather hasnt been very obliging of late. Thats so cute that Maya laughed while you were blowing rasberries on her neck...awwww

Kate I hope all is well with darling little Kelsey. At least getting an answer will put your mind at ease because what we imagine is normally worse. Fingers crossed that its no biggie. Did Kelsey mind the ultrasound on her hip? Sammy is getting his done next week..am hoping its nothing too.

Vanita that is so great that you are out walking for so long. You must be superfit! Goodluck with keeping the cigs out of your life too.

Hiya Storm..hows little Zac going?

Well its pretty quiet here cept for the loud stormy weather...making being inside with the fire going gorgeous though. We are actually heading to Perth today to pick up our new car which will be nice, so the kids are missing a day off school...which they are happy to do..obliging lil darlings arent they..lol

Take care ladies and bubbies...will talk soon

Jo

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast